The current market..

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Sold mine,for what I was asking (28,000).....the market for these cars may well be going down a little....so if you are willing/able to wait the right buyer is out there....plus there is no way to show how clean/perfect my car was in pictures..the first guy that actually came by to look at it in person bought it no hagling waht so ever....

LS1What

Established Member
i dont know about yall but ive been lookin at cobras on autotrader and only looking at only the ones that are from dealerships and ive found pleanty of them below 23k with low miles the most ive seen on one at that price that was worth looking at was 39k miles .To me it only seems like private sellers ask for more but dealerships seem to let cobras go for cheap.IMO:shrug:

userob2002

Banned
LS1What said:
i dont know about yall but ive been lookin at cobras on autotrader and only looking at only the ones that are from dealerships and ive found pleanty of them below 23k with low miles the most ive seen on one at that price that was worth looking at was 39k miles .To me it only seems like private sellers ask for more but dealerships seem to let cobras go for cheap.IMO:shrug:
For pics please leave your e-mail address or pm me.

Mods:

Car has about 10,065 miles.

RET Custom Tune with SCT
Magnaflow cat back
Magnaflow X-pipe w/cats
UPR cold air intake
NGK TR6 plugs
Pro 5.0 Shifter with CobraBobs shifter gasket
Kona Reduced handle
BIlletflow IRS brace
Kenny Brown Hard Launch Kit with alum bushings
H & R Race springs
17 x 9 and 17 x 10.5 AFS
BFG tires
35% tint.

I have just all stock chromies with tires and oem cat. I also have all the necessary pulley, belt and idler and idler bracket for 2.93 combo

Extended Service Warranty until 48 k, warranty expires in 11/2007.

I also have the original window sticker, build sheet, and SVT certificate.

I am located in Southern California

$29,500 obo - Sale Pending
Car needs to go. Make me a reasonable offer

strtrcr50

want another stang
Established Member
i ran manheim online on 04 cobra vert and hardtop, and got:

15800 miles coupe = $24300

no verts ran this week, but the 1 month average was:
14000 miles vert = $26400

Both rated in excellent condition.

blk89SC

Do work
Established Member
Jfoster said:
I've been watching for a while, as 03-04 Terms have held heir value longer than most newer cars these days. I've been waiting for the cars to finally take a hit, which it looks like they are.

Based on ebay (where most desirable cars actually sell for more, as opposed to less), very few cars are actually selling at the higher price point. I think you have to be logged into ebay to see this but:
http://motors.search-completed.ebay...&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=2&fgtp=

That's a link to recent completed auctions - sold and unsold. You will notice that 99% of the cars either did not meet the reserve or received no bids at all - and the asking prices on some of those no-bid cars isn't even THAT high. The few that did sell and brought a good price were sub 1000 mile cars.

That said - I will likely be in the market soon (pending wife approval!) :) I'm going to be looking for a silver 04 - so please PM with your best price - or if you know of one off of this site that you could recommend.

Thanks guys
Jeff

Hey

old thread, but how do you pull up an ebay listing like that of past cars sold and their closing prices?

BigDe235

Established Member
There all "Money Pitts", and you will never see what you put into them back!

I know I have 3 ... 99,01,03, all cobra's, and they are all modded to the max

and my beater is a 02 vette, which gets great gas millage, and gives me know problems what so ever....as a few guys have already posted. This isn't really the best time for a person who is selling a car. But for a person who is looking to buy, it's a great time to catch something lurking for cheap, cheap. Come spring time, price will go back up, beta!

Big D

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I think they are actually holding their value quite well, I bought mine two years ago for 23K with 30K miles. They are still bringing that much if not more for 40K, 50K, and some even 60K miles. I could turn around and sell my car for a profit after owning it for two years if I wanted...

goingup

Established Member
I have been watching prices for over 18 months and in the last 30 days the prices have really dropped!!! Now if only I can find the color and condition I want I will be an owner:coolman:

Lord Warlock

Established Member
Considering that these cars are still selling for 25k at 3 and 4 years old, that is some awesome value retention for a new car. I bought my 04 last year for 25k, and would have been happy for it to hold value at 22k this year, so i'm satisfied with my purchase. The only ones you see dropping below 20k are those with over 40k miles. This is by far not a buyers market for these cars yet. The sellers are determining the market, not the buyers. The extremely high price of the shelby is keeping the terms well higher than they should be at this point. Face it, usually a 50k car is only worth 50 percent of its orig sticker, and that isn't the case with our cars. You may think the values are dropping significantly, but i don't see it.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
goingup said:
I have been watching prices for over 18 months and in the last 30 days the prices have really dropped!!! Now if only I can find the color and condition I want I will be an owner:coolman:

Thats cuase it's right before Christmas....wait till after people get their tax refunds and it's spring time and prices will come back up. This always happens for bikes\sportcars. Now is the time to buy....in 3-4 months I don't think you'll see cars with under 30,000 miles for $25,000.

CAL2

DIG A HOLE!
Established Member
There's an 03 on Autotrader right now in Tampa, Fl for $19k, but it has almost 60k miles. I'm looking for a 03/04, but that mileage is too high. I found another that is $28k but only has 16k miles, exhaust, and rims. I'm going to look at it on Friday. If I can get it for $26k I'll be satisfied.

Users who are viewing this thread