The current market..

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
PhillySVT, you mentioned a Saleen Cobra for 36k? I just sold my 2003 Cobra Saleen thru the market section on here for 41 grand about 3 weeks ago. Thats 4 grand more then I paid for it in september 2005 btw.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
WOW! I saw one sell for 35 2 months ago and I thought that was a good price. I saw yours at the get together it was sick!!!
und3rgr0undk1ng said:
PhillySVT, you mentioned a Saleen Cobra for 36k? I just sold my 2003 Cobra Saleen thru the market section on here for 41 grand about 3 weeks ago. Thats 4 grand more then I paid for it in september 2005 btw.

Jfoster

Established Member
The fact is, there are tons of cars for sale that just aren't moving. IMO, these days, you don't have a serious buyer until you have cash in-hand.

Like I said before ^^ - many of these cars would sell inthe $25-26k range, but people are still firm at $28k+ - and wonder why they still have them. The price has dropped. If you think that your 3 year old car can avoid the initial drive-off-the-lot depreciation AND THEN avoide depreciating at all in 3 years....delusional is the only word I can think of.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I know both guys with the offers (one for a very long time)...if I said yes to either one they would have the cash/bank loan. Both are in the market for a Terminator by next spring. I'm just not sure I want to sell. I have sold a car before and regretted it a couple months later. I don't want that to happen again. I know my car wasn't abused by me...if I sell it and buy another one 2 years from now who knows how it was driven. Your telling me guys dropped built motors in these cars with 30,000++ miles and didn't beat on it a little? I'm not stating their not depreciating....I just still see Machs for sale here over $20,000 all the time...you think Cobra's should only be within $1,000 to $2000 higher? Maybe it's just that were in different parts of the country?Their is a yellow one in FLA for a steal...a bargin hunter should snatch that one up! I drove to Georgia for mine! Almost every one I looked at 6 months ago up here was over $27,000. I offered a guy $27,000 for a comp orange with 15,000 miles and he turned me down! He told me he wanted $29,000 and no less. He wouldn't even meet me halve way. :shrug: Who knows?
I know now is the wrong time of year to sell a motorcycle or sports car.
Jfoster said:
The fact is, there are tons of cars for sale that just aren't moving. IMO, these days, you don't have a serious buyer until you have cash in-hand.

Like I said before ^^ - many of these cars would sell inthe $25-26k range, but people are still firm at $28k+ - and wonder why they still have them. The price has dropped. If you think that your 3 year old car can avoid the initial drive-off-the-lot depreciation AND THEN avoide depreciating at all in 3 years....delusional is the only word I can think of.

Last edited:

BoostedToy

Established Member
There is a Mineral Gray 03' Cobra in Northcentral,WV right now for sale.
2003 Mineral Gray
100% stock
37k miles
$19,499

It is sitting outside of a dealership right now.

Red99SVT

Established Member
BoostedToy said:
2003 Mineral Gray
100% stock
37k miles
$19,499

And you havent bought it yet?:-D

BoostedToy

Established Member
Red99SVT said:
And you havent bought it yet?:-D

Whatsup Nate!...I moved to Baton Rouge about 4 weeks ago, so I havn't had the time to mess with anything car related right now. I have a millenium yellow C5 coupe right now. 100% Stock! It is alot different than the turbo modular I had. It feels much more controllable (well, using a car that would do rolling 5th gear 135mph burnouts is not a good reference point...lol). It also turns out about 26mpg average, 30mpg highway.
So what are you driving nowadays?

prostkr

Established Member
i bought a 03 white vert last week for 24.5k
14k miles on it and it was never pullied
new nittos on the rear and new falcons on the front
bassani cat back and a kn fipk are the only mods
car is still under factory warrenty for a bit so im going to grab the extended plan for around a thousand....car is in perfect shape and has been well taken care of, i feel i got a good deal on this one....it was on auto trader for over 30 days and i was the first caller on it.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
prostkr said:
i bought a 03 white vert last week for 24.5k
14k miles on it and it was never pullied
new nittos on the rear and new falcons on the front
bassani cat back and a kn fipk are the only mods
car is still under factory warrenty for a bit so im going to grab the extended plan for around a thousand....car is in perfect shape and has been well taken care of, i feel i got a good deal on this one....it was on auto trader for over 30 days and i was the first caller on it.

That is a good price.

TGO

Established Member
BoostedToy said:
2003 Mineral Gray
100% stock
37k miles
$19,499

what a steal! dammit the timing for all these deals is horrible for me right now!! spring dammit!! :mj:

Kenneth Risher

Established Member
Value...

I just sold a mineral gray 03 with 23K miles on it for $26K....car was pretty much spoken for in 48 hours...I was also given $1500 to drive it 1,000miles to deliver it...and a paid plane ticket back home same-day.

Tasteful mods....INCLUDING EVENFLOW COOLANT MOD!

When/if my house sells and a few things stabilize...I'll be in the market for another one...

I'll either go really low miles bone stock route...or a car with well thought mods...

ANY/ALL of these cars should have the even-flow cooling mod done....or have incredibly low miles so I can add the mod myself before the SOB starts ticking.

It's no wonder a high HP Whipple or KB cars with a gaggle of mods but NO HEAD COOLING MOD sit unsold for $25,500-$26,000 range....I wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot pole....many other's share the same opinion....

It's way too much money to buy the risk of someone unloading their ticking timebomb....

It's too damn bad the geniuses at Ford didn't put cooling mods on the cars as soon as they first saw the problem develop....this would mean that over 1/2 of the 03's and all 04's could have had this mod off the showroom floor...

As it stands now.....the problem is equal from the first 03 to the last 04...regardless of what Ford claims...the problem is still there and a risk unless you invest a measley $120 and do the cooling mod.

This reiterates the low value and no sale of a car with a $3500 aftermarket blower increasing the boost by 8-10psi over stock...yet no cooling mod...

In summary...low mileage stockers and mid...or even highly modded cars that have been modded intelligently will still sell for a premium....

Last edited:

JoyRydn 03

Established Member
Deanpug said:
Good Observation! The time of year is definitely a factor, especially in the Northeast. I have been negotiating with the owner of this car,http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004...93QQihZ010QQcategoryZ6236QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem, which is in your thread, and I am not having much luck. It only has 570 miles which is very attractive to me and he also has done some nice mods. Long tubes and exhuast, shifter, wheels and a couple others but I am not sure I want to pay 30,500 for it with all the extra's. I might and sell the 18's that are on it in the pic and put the stockers back on. Who knows.

Wow 570 miles and the car is all there! Pull the trigger! Unless waiting for a new one?

vr4_007

Established Member
98rs said:

You wanna fight or what? :bash:

LOL j/k bro,..
NO the twiddling thumb hing is, well you know waiting, killing time. I figure/hope the prices come down 2-3k coming into 07, I really want to get into one of these but that is dependent on two things,..
1. Selling my supra (whose market is also fluctuating)
2. sub 20k deal,...

Jfoster

Established Member
JoyRydn 03 said:
Wow 570 miles and the car is all there! Pull the trigger! Unless waiting for a new one?

Great example. 570 miles on an 04 and it was only bid to mid 28k...and people want 28k for a modded car with 20k+ miles on it? Sign of the times people. Sure, some will sell for more or less - emotion plays a big part in that..in the next 6-months, I bet we will see cars at @10k miles selling for $24k-26k.

Rwick7

Established Member
I just sold my 13k 10th Anni car for 29500 last week, that is what I paid for the car new. It had a KB and Level 5s though. I was hoping to get about 1000-1500 more but thought it was a fair price given the current market which does seem to be taking a hit. I sold my black 03 with 18k miles in Sept. 2004 with a procharger/solid axle for 35k on ebay...I guess the days of getting your mod money back on these cars is gone.

Bottom line, keep the miles off of them and take extreme good care and you'll do okay on them. I wouldn't buy a 40k mile 03 with a pulley for much more than 18k thats for sure

98rs

Established Member
vr4_007 said:
You wanna fight or what? :bash:

LOL j/k bro,..
NO the twiddling thumb hing is, well you know waiting, killing time. I figure/hope the prices come down 2-3k coming into 07, I really want to get into one of these but that is dependent on two things,..
1. Selling my supra (whose market is also fluctuating)
2. sub 20k deal,...
you could prob could find one very shortly with high miles.

Last edited:

98rs

Established Member
skunk50 said:
best Mustang maybe. i wouldn't say best performance hotrod. the Z06 probably is the best. best bang for the buck is probably a stripper LS1 Z28.
you can't buy a zo6 for 25k, and i wouldnt own a :xpl: ls1.if someone doesnt say something ill be suprised!:eek:

vr4_007

Established Member
Well,..t he aftermarket for the VR4/Stealth TT has leaped in the last 2 years,..
Consistant mid-high 10s, all street trim. A nice one can be had for 11k as well. Just check out Matt Monet over @ Dynamic Racing, he does amazing things with these cars.

Users who are viewing this thread