The current market..

Asd60303

Lead. Never Follow
Established Member
I just sold my cobra the other day for 28K but my car only has 4100 miles on it. It just depends on the buyer and what they are looking for.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Bought mine this past June with 1500 miles on it for 30 and would not consider taking less for that now or the near future. Now has 3400 miles on it. I'm planning on putting no more than 2000 miles on it a year from here on out. 04 redfire convert. and loving it!!!!

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Nobody is getting mine within the next couple of years for less than $25k. I haven't even reached the 30k mile mark yet, and it's completely stock save for a Magnaflow catback. I know the car, and its maintenance history.

Finally...why in the flock would ANYBODY sell a car for less than dealer trade-in? That's absurd...that would be like GIVING money away.

modmayhem88

Established Member
Interesting thoughts guys.....I was actually in thinking about a 99/01 Cobra because they can be had so cheap (relatively) but I know the Term is a much better performer all around right out of the box. I know I wouldn't be happy just with minimal mods on the 99/01. Minimal mods on the Term can get me 450+ rwhp and I think I could be very happy with that for a long time. I'm glad to see the price is coming down but it does say something that prices aren't falling as most would expect. Terms do seem to hold their value well but I agree with the poster that said the market is currently being determined by Sellers not buyers.

Last edited by a moderator:

TGO

Established Member
JoeAsheville said:
Finally...why in the flock would ANYBODY sell a car for less than dealer trade-in? That's absurd...that would be like GIVING money away.

uh...because sometimes they have to get rid of the car fast and don't have time to sit on it and wait for someone to come along and pay the price they want??

you see it on here all the time - divorce, buying a house, changing jobs, moving, etc.

What is dealer trade in btw?

JoeAsheville

Established Member
TGO said:
uh...because sometimes they have to get rid of the car fast and don't have time to sit on it and wait for someone to come along and pay the price they want??

you see it on here all the time - divorce, buying a house, changing jobs, moving, etc.

What is dealer trade in btw?

Well, that's their problem, and it's too bad. For the other 99% of the population, there's no reason to let a car sell for less than trade.

The only way to find out what your dealer would give you for your car, is to visit your dealer and ask "uh...what would you give me for this".

Last edited:

JoeAsheville

Established Member
blk89SC said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...06QQihZ014QQcategoryZ6236QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

shaaaawing! somebody stole this thing. 23k for a cobra under 12k miles? sounds good to me.

I can guarantee that the reason why that one sold for less is because it has been pullied. The smoke screen that they are throwing up about it having a warranty...is null and void. These cars are legend for voided warranty for much smaller things...rear tire wear greater than the front being one. If that car winds up with a motor problem and comes in on a rollback, the car will have its warranty work denied. For dozens and dozens of stories about where this has happened, check the archives through search.

Finally there is no guarantee of a good tune, or that it has one at all. No tune + pulley = BOOM.

That car sold for what it was worth.

xxkazp3rxx

Established Member
I know i got mine with 24k on the clock for 24,5 with a pulley and catback and it's fine...

I agree with Joe.. a lot of these cars that are going really cheap - nobody here knows the story on... Are they Katrina Cobras? or are they rebuilt ones? You never really know. I know most of the Cobras here in Fla aren't going very cheap. They're still pretty expensive. Hey, but if you guys can get a great deal, then more power to you.. just good luck.

TGO

Established Member
JoeAsheville said:
The only way to find out what your dealer would give you for your car, is to visit your dealer and ask "uh...what would you give me for this".

whens the last tiem you did that?

sounds like you think trade in value is higher than it is...

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
V10KLR said:
drive 50,000 miles a year

I heard about that car....The guy drives an insane amount of HIway miles for work. He goes through a new car ever 3 years. Someone on here was thinking of buying it. It was a friend of his dad or something.

blk89SC

Do work
Established Member
phillySVT said:
I heard about that car....The guy drives an insane amount of HIway miles for work. He goes through a new car ever 3 years. Someone on here was thinking of buying it. It was a friend of his dad or something.
why the new engine? and its not a 10th anni

King Cobra

Ride the Snake
Established Member

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
King Cobra said:

Those prices seem quite high. I am having trouble getting someone to just commit $22k for mine. The mystichrome is the only on worth paying more than that for.

Also, keep in mind, those cars may be stock, but you don't know for sure. Many cars are returned to stock when traded in, and the mod parts are sold off.

waste-land

Banned

Users who are viewing this thread