The Dejokerization has begun

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Good to see the car back in proper hands. Someone over at mustangworld posted a link to the auction when it was on ebay making fun of it. Most people agreed it would be cool to buy and restore. If you don't mind me asking, what did buy it for? How many miles are on it? Any mods?

SDW Racing

Established Member
Good to see the car back in proper hands. Someone over at mustangworld posted a link to the auction when it was on ebay making fun of it. Most people agreed it would be cool to buy and restore. If you don't mind me asking, what did buy it for? How many miles are on it? Any mods?

Hi Kevin,

I paid $20K for it, it has 16,400 miles and came with a 377 stroker in the car and the original short block (with 2K miles on it) on an engine cradle. I thought, overall, the car was a bargain. The key was to be able to see the value beyond the paint and to also be able to get the car repainted w/o breaking the bank. The car is at the paint shop now and goes to the race shop after that.

I think folks really missed out on a great deal, an early numbered car, second sold to the public.

Already looking into getting new decals made up. Here are some pics that came with all the paperwork....

normal_Copy%20of%20Cobra4.jpg

normal_Copy%20of%20Cobra5.jpg

normal_Copy%20of%20Cobra13.jpg

normal_Copy%20of%20Cobra1.jpg

normal_Copy%20of%20Cobra6.jpg

Roger Davis

RSD
Established Member
I think that car was a smart buy . A little prodding from mrmustang and myself helped SDW to make the "DEAL". Of course if anything should ever go wrong with the car it will be our fault of course.:bash:

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I know you said you want to replicate the decals on the car, but how are you going to find reproductions of the Hooters girls, or did you have access to the originals ? :burn:

SDW Racing

Established Member
I think that car was a smart buy . A little prodding from mrmustang and myself helped SDW to make the "DEAL". Of course if anything should ever go wrong with the car it will be our fault of course.:bash:

That's what you do best...poke and prod.

You should have been a proctologist. :loser::loser:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
That's what you do best...poke and prod.

You should have been a proctologist. :loser::loser:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: good one! :thumbsup:

JM, after seeing those photos complete with decals, you really need to duplicate them! :bowdown:

I dont think you will be able to find the original hooters girls, that was 10+ years ago....

but I'm sure you could find some current ones to pose with the car once its done! :idea:

SDW Racing

Established Member
JM, after seeing those photos complete with decals, you really need to duplicate them! :bowdown:

I dont think you will be able to find the original hooters girls, that was 10+ years ago....

but I'm sure you could find some current ones to pose with the car once its done! :idea:

Ken,

I've been emailing back and forth with David at Hyperformance, so the decals should not be a problem.

Regarding the Hooters Girls, I have tracked all four down, the 10 years has not been as kind to them, at least the car can be repainted....

hootersGirls.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Hi Kevin,

I paid $20K for it, it has 16,400 miles and came with a 377 stroker in the car and the original short block (with 2K miles on it) on an engine cradle. I thought, overall, the car was a bargain. The key was to be able to see the value beyond the paint and to also be able to get the car repainted w/o breaking the bank. The car is at the paint shop now and goes to the race shop after that.

I think folks really missed out on a great deal, an early numbered car, second sold to the public.

Already looking into getting new decals made up. Here are some pics that came with all the paperwork....

normal_Copy%20of%20Cobra4.jpg

Now your talking!!^^^^^^^^^^^^

R

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
Ken,

I've been emailing back and forth with David at Hyperformance, so the decals should not be a problem.

Regarding the Hooters Girls, I have tracked all four down, the 10 years has not been as kind to them, at least the car can be repainted....

hootersGirls.jpg

lmao....

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member

hootersGirls.jpg

:uh oh::uh oh::uh oh::uh oh: ouch!!!!! :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Ken,

hootersGirls.jpg

Sweeeeet!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:xpl::xpl::xpl::xpl:

R

Last edited:

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
That's probably about the best you will find in the Virginia / West Virginia area when you guys go to VIR ...

Last edited:

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
at least the car can be repainted....

hootersGirls.jpg

JM,

I'm a miracle worker :coolman:, but no amount of "body work" :eek: will help those girls :xpl:

Of course on topic, I did manage to spend an hour or so this morning working on your car with a 50 count box of 600 grit 6" hookit "Carbo Gold" sandpaper, a newly rebuilt IR 6" DA with a new interface pad installed, and three cups of coffee (you can never have too much coffee)...Things are really starting to show progress.....Plus, I even got all of those shiny "Home Depo" bolts replaced with the correct Ford units.....Boy was that a lot of fun :bash: ...

Bill S.

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
So whats the scoop with this Rosie car? Whats the story behind it???? Was it the second Cobra R or something?

It was in the "One Lap of America" event sponsored by Car and Driver magazine. It is shown on page 104 of the 1993-2000 SVT Cobra Recognition Guide. The guide says that this 95R placed 12th overall and 10th in its class. I do not know how many cars ran in this event, or much else about it.

R

Last edited:

SDW Racing

Established Member
It was in the "One Lap of America" event sponsored by Car and Driver magazine. It is shown on page 104 of the 1993-2000 SVT Cobra Recognition Guide. The guide says that this 95R placed 12th overall and 10th in its class. I do not know how many cars ran in this event, or much else about it.

R

...and I NEED a Recognition Guide, if anyone wants to sell theirs, please let me know.

The car's history is just that, One Lap of America, some SCCA race events and a low numbered car. Nothing really special about it, just a little different. It was owned by a Ford dealer, I have some interesting documentation, that's about all I know right now.

I found this link for the 1995 race results, as well as the schedule, Entrants List and a picture gallery. The car started 15th and finished 12th...

http://www.onelapofamerica.com/history/index.shtml?y=1995

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
I saw the Club Cranky t-shirt and got a laugh. I didn't know there was more than me over here from Club Cobra.

I thought you were older... :uh oh:

Eric

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
...and I NEED a Recognition Guide, if anyone wants to sell theirs, please let me know.

The car's history is just that, One Lap of America, some SCCA race events and a low numbered car. Nothing really special about it, just a little different. It was owned by a Ford dealer, I have some interesting documentation, that's about all I know right now.

I found this link for the 1995 race results, as well as the schedule, Entrants List and a picture gallery. The car started 15th and finished 12th...

http://www.onelapofamerica.com/history/index.shtml?y=1995

If you have not recently priced the original recognition guide, it is crazy money, some sell for $100+. They have been out of print for some time now.

Here is a narrowed search of the 1995 One Lap entrants............

http://www.onelapofamerica.com/history/entrantList.shtml?y=1995

R

Users who are viewing this thread