The Market Section

OrangeVenom04

Established Member
It seems lately that so many threads are started and people do not include pics or always say to email or text for pics. How hard is it to upload your pics? Seems like if you want to sell something, take an extra 2 minutes to post up some pics. Maybe we can sticky a how-to on posting pics since people are just technologically inept or lazy. The other option I see is to delete threads that don't have pics.
Just a little rant I felt like posting up after seeing it non-stop. :shrug:
Any ideas on what can/should be done for this or am I just bitching about nothing.

Zemedici

Established Member
There are already multiple stickies about 'how to post pictures' (come on, in 2015 this shouldnt really be necessary tbh)

However, there are new market rules in the works that will solve these issues.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Will the new rules make it required for prices to be added too?

I get tired of seeing things posted where people say "Make an offer" or "Feeler"

Gets old scrolling through and waiting on them to post what they are want for said item/vehicle.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Will the new rules make it required for prices to be added too?

I get tired of seeing things posted where people say "Make an offer" or "Feeler"

Gets old scrolling through and waiting on them to post what they are want for said item/vehicle.
If you see that, just hit the report post button and we'll take care of it. We try to go through as many of the "For Sales" as we can, but might miss one from time to time.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Its simple, if someone cant post up pics in their ad, keep looking. Dont buy from them, and when they get zero interest, maybe they will get the hint. Probably not though, they will likely just keep bumping threads every 6 hours.

For the "send/make an offer/feeler" guys, lowball the shit out of them. Seriously, if you arent going to put up the price you want out of a part, expect to get lowballed. Me as a potential buyer, I dont know if you are in a bind and I can get a smokin deal or if you are expecting top dollar. If you are going to waste my time to make me guess, im gonna waste your time and lowball you.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Its simple, if someone cant post up pics in their ad, keep looking. Dont buy from them, and when they get zero interest, maybe they will get the hint. Probably not though, they will likely just keep bumping threads every 6 hours.

For the "send/make an offer/feeler" guys, lowball the shit out of them. Seriously, if you arent going to put up the price you want out of a part, expect to get lowballed. Me as a potential buyer, I dont know if you are in a bind and I can get a smokin deal or if you are expecting top dollar. If you are going to waste my time to make me guess, im gonna waste your time and lowball you.
+1

Tired of the idiots who don't know how to post pictures. If you can sign up to be a member at a forum, surely you can look up how to post pictures searching google. One is actually easier than the other.

10splaya22

Established Member
Another one that gets me is when people have a modded car but list things like 2003 Cobra, 2.2 KB, fuel upgrades, txt or email for pics and details...

Why not just list the mods and details to begin with so people know what they are getting. If you can text or email a picture you can post a picture online.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
We have a software solution in the works. It should be online in the next month or so.

Like a for sale template? That would be awesome,

All of this and then some. A+ post.

OrangeVenom04

Established Member
Another one that gets me is when people have a modded car but list things like 2003 Cobra, 2.2 KB, fuel upgrades, txt or email for pics and details...

Why not just list the mods and details to begin with so people know what they are getting. If you can text or email a picture you can post a picture online.

THIS^ post it up once and be done. Save everyone a lot of time. Glad to see I'm not the only one this frustrates.

Yulla

SVT Noob
Established Member
I totally agree, it can get frustrating browsing the market section here when you are used to other forums with strict selling rules.

Solution: Either we skip across those threads without pics/details and maybe the seller gets the hint or perhaps we can get a for sale template and moderators would need to enforce the market section.

Most of car forums I've been on require a specific template for selling, so I am accustomed to it. Threads get locked rather quickly if you do not include pictures, price, location, etc...

BIG_WINNER

Established Member
The worst are the "FEELER" threads. Listen, I'm not going to court you to sell your car. Either you want to sell it, or you don't. Plus everyone thinks their stuff is gold plated on here...

Zemedici

Established Member
The worst are the "FEELER" threads. Listen, I'm not going to court you to sell your car. Either you want to sell it, or you don't. Plus everyone thinks their stuff is gold plated on here...

Gold plated? No.

Well taken care of, non clapped out shit like you're likely to find perusing craigslist? Yes. We know what the vehicles are worth and enthusiasts take the utmost care of their vehicles. Therefore they bring top dollar. Simple concept, really.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Nice.

Also, if you want to really get after people that post up "text or email for info, pics" sign their phone number or email address up for some good ol' spam or gay pr0nz.

oldmodman

Established Member
How about a minimum number of posts (constructive posts?) before you can place an ad in the market section.

Maybe 100? OP is a ****** doesn't count.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Well, I guess that says it. OP wasn't "bitching about nothing". Normally what I did on those threads was not respond to them. Posting pics in your ads isn't that hard. I think there's a large percentage of that crowd who never use Road-Side anyways

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
A lot of other forums require a template to be used in the classified section. I am happy to hear that SVTP is going to weave out the sellers that think they can put one sentence ghetto ass Craigslist type adds in here without pictures for a high dollar item.

Users who are viewing this thread