The more I MOD, the better MPG's i get!

99arboC

Established Member
Man I get like 15-17 maybe 200 miles on a tank. Car has gt500 axle back and 2500 miles. Hope it gets better but I didn't buy it for mpg. Also the autobahn doesn't help mpg cruise at 95-100 where there is not speed limit!

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
im not sure i even get 200miles of a tank but again im only in the city and i do step on it alot.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Using "S" mode on the auto transmission, my car is now getting rated city mileage. I'm sure having 1,000 miles on the new engine also helps. I use "D" for aggressive driving and "S" for economy. Perfect for me, as I have both driving styles at a quick selection.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Man I get like 15-17 maybe 200 miles on a tank. Car has gt500 axle back and 2500 miles. Hope it gets better but I didn't buy it for mpg. Also the autobahn doesn't help mpg cruise at 95-100 where there is not speed limit!
Thats about what I get so I said i won't believe it till i see it. I get around 220 max a tank.
I am bone stock @ 1800 miles and run 91 octane with a 4 mile round trip commute to work, no highways.

Last edited:

NTXRockr

Established Member
Before my mods, I saw about 14city/22hwy or 17mpg avg on 87 octane. On 93 octane I had 16city/23hwy with around 19mpg average mileage of mostly 30-50mph city driving.

After my mods (but before gear change) I was seeing 17city/27hwy and 22mpg average on 93 octane with tunes...definitely a noticeable gain from the mods (intake, x-pipe, tunes, etc) and 93 pays for itself over 87 - I estimated I save roughly $4/tank due to better fuel mileage, so the octane is worth the price jump and especially if you tune for it.

After swapping the 3.15 for 4.10 gears, I had a flip to 20city/24hwy and around 20mpg average. The funny thing is on a 7+ hour roadtrip it still got 22mpg at 85mph/3500rpm but it gets great in town mileage due to the 6 speed tranny getting to cruise speed quicker and easier with the lower gearing. I also run full synthetic fluids which does help lower friction...Troy, I'll have to get with you soon about making the switch to Amsoil fluids, likely will do the engine oil first and have it ready to go for the converter swap.

01bluesnake

Established Member
after 2000RPM, MPG's really start to take a dip. I normally cruise 65-70 here (55 limit) which is partly why i get great gas mileage. I also know how modulate a gas pedal instead of a lot of peoples on/off type driving like some locals friends i know.

Users who are viewing this thread