The more I MOD, the better MPG's i get!

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
:banana:

Last 5 or so tanks ive been 320-330 miles out of it. And its only gotten better as I kept changing stuff. I do WOT pulls all the time, i mean i drive her hard...
I was always i was going to take a hit talking to other mustang guys___ANYONE having this kinda luck? lol

MODS:
ALL Amsoil fluids
JPC Breathers
STEEDA HFC X pipe
JBA axle back
Tune

Car is a 2013 3.31 M6

Accel coil packs just arrived this morning
and just ordered a Dynotech DS 5 mins ago
if my MPG's go up even more i might just shat myself:bowdown:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
No I have not been that lucky. I'm sure that you are not getting on it much or drive it as hard as you think.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I'm about to put some amsoil syncromesh trans oil for my 5.0, also waiting to get '13 gt500 axle backs and a carbon drive shaft. These will be my performance mods before a tune.

Hopefully, once its all said and done, I'm getting good mpg...

Tubra

Established Member
I can pull around 30mpg sometimes during good weather at a cool 60mph...

Normally I don't care however, having too much fun.

But yes, some mods up the MPGs

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
It's not uncommon to gain fuel efficiency from superior lubricant formulations, as they have lower frictional coefficient than petroleum base oils. Having them in all areas make it that much better.

The tune and offroad midpipe will also be beneficial. I was having problems with fuel economy until I learned how to drive the car for efficiency (auto), and allowing for break in time. I was getting 14 mpg in the city, now it's increased up to 19 mpg. I'm hoping the carbon fiber driveshaft, complete Amsoil lubricant treatment, and lighter wheels make it even better.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Which deserves the question.....

If these changes are so beneficial to fuel economy, why didn't Ford put forth more effort in research and design. Sure, they can't remove catalysts, and the tune must not only be cat friendly, but also CARB compliant.

However, using superior lubricants and lighter wheels is something that could be done. This would increase the price of the car, but sure would make an impact on efficiency.

All of you need to switch to e85. Im lucky to even get 18 on the highway. :(

E85 is awesome for cheap race gas, but is earmark politics. Yesterday, I saw a picture of E85 @ 3.89 per gallon. That's more than what we pay for 93 Octane in Pensacola, Fl. If E85 isn't 30% cheaper than regular unleaded 87 octane, it's a rip off to the American public. Not to mention, actually wasting fossil resources, not reducing their consumption as promised it would.

Last edited:

5lho

Established Member
You're just not appreciating the complexity of designing a modern car.

It's more than just maximum performance and efficiency. It's about balancing, durability, efficiency, power and emissions all in one tune. Not easy and some compromises have to be made.

Same for every other stock part. It has to pass through rigourous durability tests, still be cheap per unit, not introduce any driving challenges and be safe. Not easy and some compromises get made.

Plus, no maufacturer puts all its cards on the table in one model year. Need to show incremental improvements over time as that helps sales.

01bluesnake

Established Member

If these changes are so beneficial to fuel economy, why didn't Ford put forth more effort in research and design. Sure, they can't remove catalysts, and the tune must not only be cat friendly, but also CARB compliant.

However, using superior lubricants and lighter wheels is something that could be done. This would increase the price of the car, but sure would make an impact on efficiency.

E85 is awesome for cheap race gas, but is earmark politics. Yesterday, I saw a picture of E85 @ 3.89 per gallon. That's more than what we pay for 93 Octane in Pensacola, Fl. If E85 isn't 30% cheaper than regular unleaded 87 octane, it's a rip off to the American public. Not to mention, actually wasting fossil resources, not reducing their consumption as promised it would.

I paid $2.79 a gallon for e85, 93 is $4.49 by me. I think cost is the biggest reason for the factory not doing lighter weight parts in cars. Also not all these parts would hold up to crash test standards like lighter wheels. An aluminum DS may produce noise which most average people will complain about, so NVH would also be a concern.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
the Amsoil treatment made a HUGE improvement all around, especially in the DIFF and tranny

I havent been sold on any intake, i run a purolator air filter and switching to a napagold soon. Wish Amsoil make a drop in for our car.

Im almost positive these Coil packs and DS will make a positive impact!
:beer:
:burnout:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Wish Amsoil make a drop in for our car.

100% agree. There isn't a better dry air filter manufactured on the planet. Ea air filters using nano-fiber technology isn't even a fair fight for cellulose based filter media. The same technology is what allowed Abrams tanks to survive in the middle east.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
100% agree. There isn't a better dry air filter manufactured on the planet. Ea air filters using nano-fiber technology isn't even a fair fight for cellulose based filter media. The same technology is what allowed Abrams tanks to survive in the middle east.

they dont plan to do they?:??:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor

That sucks just filled up with e85 at 3.05 a gallon. Cost isnt a factor in using e85.

Users who are viewing this thread