The more I MOD, the better MPG's i get!

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
E85 is not for someone that is worried about economy. The only reason I am not using it is because I have the stock fuel system. When I ran e85 I was getting like 13mpg in the city which is like 90% of my driving. I'm getting 14 or so now with the blower. I suck at Monitoring the right foot though.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
100% agree. There isn't a better dry air filter manufactured on the planet. Ea air filters using nano-fiber technology isn't even a fair fight for cellulose based filter media. The same technology is what allowed Abrams tanks to survive in the middle east.

yea bout that..... we change filters quite a bit but yes sand its a HUGE killer and for the size of the filter for a tank its insane that it can actually run with such a small sized filter compared to the size of the engine.

turka

not ᶠᶸᶜᵏᴵᴺᴳ bagged
Established Member
I get consistent 400-420 miles per tank in my '12 GT

Mods:
- Shaftmasters 1 piece ds
- AMSOIL fluids
- coilovers (lowered 3+ inches all around)

:beer:

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
All of you need to switch to e85. Im lucky to even get 18 on the highway. :(

This is why I want to switch, but need to be able to swap fuels :p. 3-4 days of 70 mile round trips would kill me! Specially since around here E85, unless it just dropped recently, has been not to far off 93.

Then again, our 93 prices seem a lot lower than many mentioned in this thread :D.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
yea bout that..... we change filters quite a bit but yes sand its a HUGE killer and for the size of the filter for a tank its insane that it can actually run with such a small sized filter compared to the size of the engine.

Donaldson filters was contacted during the first Desert Shield conflict in the middle east. The Abrams tank was having problems with air filters from the silt sand there. The current filters were clogging rapidly, other oiled filters were allowing too much bypass and damaging the engine.

The military needed a filter that was:

1. Cleanable in the field
2. No solution allowed (i.e. oil)
3. Had to support the turbine engine air requirements of the tank

Donaldson answered with nano-fiber. Yet another military request that not only changed the course of the war, but also trickled down to automotive technology. Cool isn't it!

Last edited:

djniknala

Established Member
Donaldson filters was contacted during the first Desert Shield conflict in the middle east. The Abrams tank was having problems with air filters from the silt sand there. The current filters were clogging rapidly, other oiled filters were allowing too much bypass and damaging the engine.

The military needed a filter that was:

1. Cleanable in the field
2. No solution allowed (i.e. oil)
3. Had to support the turbine engine air requirements of the tank

Donaldson answered with nano-fiber. Yet another military request that not only changed the course of the war, but also trickled down to automotive technology. Cool isn't it!

Doesn't the T700 series engine use an air particle seperator? I know the Apache does.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
E85 is not for someone that is worried about economy. The only reason I am not using it is because I have the stock fuel system. When I ran e85 I was getting like 13mpg in the city which is like 90% of my driving. I'm getting 14 or so now with the blower. I suck at Monitoring the right foot though.

Expand...

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
420 divided by 16 = to 26mpg its very possible with the right gears and only highway driving at low speeds.

clinton2003

Established Member
ya, most ive filled up was 15.2 gallons.. i coasted into the station on fumes.... regularly fill with 14.5 though... at or just below 0 miles to e

it is possible. i averaged 26mpg just the other day on 91.... doing 75 not 80.. saved just over a mpg.. lol

Users who are viewing this thread