The proto typing of a 2011 GT turbo kit

CPRsm

Will get up some more pics later tomorrow. But just got back from Norcal picking it up. It's the gorgeous Kona blue. It's has a Hellion kit on it right now but he's not happy. The O2's are welded in pre-turbine which is effecting how it drives horribly. Apply the slightest throttle and the back pressure causes all kinds of problems. Rattles a good bit on the k-member and rubs the tire. Unhappy with kit he took me up on my offer to build him one. This see what these things will do when a kit is properly built ! Test a few turbos on here from different brands and see where we end up

This sux to see. Hoped the one guy who had problems was isolated, or didn't know what he was doing. I looked and there is no adjustment to fix this.

hellionkitforsale003.jpg

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
I am in San Diego and looking for a legit turbo kit for this car. If you can pull off a nice one you might have another prospective customer. Also, according to the engine bay, that is Grabber Blue...

CPRsm

I am in San Diego and looking for a legit turbo kit for this car. If you can pull off a nice one you might have another prospective customer. Also, according to the engine bay, that is Grabber Blue...
Awh shit, I thought that was called Kona. LOVE the color though. I don't even know the color of my own 500. I just call it Grey. LOL It will be a nice one or I won't do the kit :beer:
Fast willy, maaaaaybe. :coolman:

CPRsm

No, I know for a fact as of right now it will not be PTE's 76mm. It's the wrong turbo. The turbine is a HUGE restriction. You can see it in the graphs of any turbo kit out there that uses it right now. It creates so much back pressure the valves are floating at 12-15 psi. The back pressure is over 2-1 at only 10psi. As a matter of fact, try to find a Hellion graph. Every vendor promoting it shows the dyno numbers and pans right by the actual graph to show the numbers.

One company is already trying Chinese a turbo with smaller turbines and starting to float at 6 psi. The O2's in this kit are pre turbo, which causes a real problem for closed loop drive ability. The excessive pressure is skewing the O2 reading, loading the car up and you can hear small back fires out the muffler. Even though the AFR's are in check while it's happening. They are reading differently than what is actually happening in the engine.

Right now I would put the kit around 6500-7000. Mine will be different than the others on the market as usual though. It will come with an intercooler that is built with a quality core. Not a Chinese intercooler like what comes in this kit. It will come with headers, k-member and a tubular radiator support as well with the kit.

I'm going to be lifting the skirt of the turbo industry. Some of the advertising and way folks are getting numbers is frustrating to say the least.

Hellion's website said:
UPDATE: Blow by recently upgraded to an 82mm Precision turbocharger in
preparation for the King of the Street competition at the NMRA finals in
Bowling Green, KY. With the new turbo in place, the car belted out over 900 rear wheel horsepower!
Someone forgot to mention here it took a 125 shot of nitrous to achieve those numbers. I thought it was probably added to help with the inlet temps. But then saw a pic of the car and it's not even running the Hellion cooler anymore anyways. So who knows.
New cross flow IC core, where Hellion's is a vertical flow.
29357922707093734940013.jpg

A little header pro-typing from a few months ago. Made these while the stock exhaust was off a customers car for a Kooks install lol.
2011headers021.jpg

ac1122

Established Member
Subscribing, to see the finished product. I was anxious to buy a Hellion Kit, but Im not too sure with what Ive been seeing.

afro

Why?
Established Member
Turbo sits so low on the Helion kit. Do you see issues of the turbo picking up water when it's raining or snow/other stuff from the roads?? Looks a little too low for me. Maybe re-routing the compressor inlet pipe should also be part of the project.

-fro

CPRsm

No, I don't see it having a problem picking anything up. It's pretty close to the backside of the bumper. I wouldn't say it's impossible, but unlikely. The droplets would have to be pretty big once they pass the filter to do damage anyway. But water can bend the compressor fins and bend shafts. But pretty hard to do, especially with the filter on there. The tubing is kinda low on the down pipe. There is less than the width of my palm to the ground, and the car is at stock ride height.
We aren't going to be re-doing anything. It's all for sale. This is a start from scratch, build a completely new kit. Scraping everything. We'll test it and start selling them here pretty quickly. Have been building parts for a while now off other cars that have come in. I built the headers when I took the stockers off to replace with some Kooks. He was happy for me to take 150 bucks of his bill to let me play with it for a bit longer. k-member, too. :lol1:

Last edited:

Hellionh8r

Are you sure that car came from Nocal? I know Motiva in Albuquerque is looking for someone to make a kit, because of their fall out with Hellion. If I remember correctly Dave has a grabber blue 5.0. I do know that the Precision turbo that is on it right now, is pretty much stolen, as it belongs to Hellion. Its unfortunate, that everyone has to lie, and make shyt up about Hellion. When the truth is that so many lies were said and certain people couldnt be trusted anymore. I think you and Dave might be perfect for each other though.... You guys can talk about all your BS fantasies, and probably never accomplish anything.....

CPRsm

Are you sure that car came from Nocal? I know Motiva in Albuquerque is looking for someone to make a kit, because of their fall out with Hellion. If I remember correctly Dave has a grabber blue 5.0. I do know that the Precision turbo that is on it right now, is pretty much stolen, as it belongs to Hellion. Its unfortunate, that everyone has to lie, and make shyt up about Hellion. When the truth is that so many lies were said and certain people couldnt be trusted anymore. I think you and Dave might be perfect for each other though.... You guys can talk about all your BS fantasies, and probably never accomplish anything.....
You got me. It's not from Norcal. It was supposed to be a private label contract. Actually Dave didn't have anything bad to say about Hellion at all. I'm sure Hellion have kept it the same over there as well. IDK what happened, he didn't mention any specifics. Just asked for me to build him a kit.

I don't know anything about the last comment. But I was instructed to send the turbo back after the sea level testing. This turbo was for sea level evaluation testing only. There are also a couple of other turbos that will be tested. Those are all going back to him as well.

Bullitt357

Established Member
CPRsm from another forum: "Don't particularly care for being called a liar. I am many things amongst those is nice guy, asshole, smartass, etc. Liar is not one of them."

Sure about that last part????

CPRsm

CPRsm from another forum: "Don't particularly care for being called a liar. I am many things amongst those is nice guy, asshole, smartass, etc. Liar is not one of them."

Sure about that last part????
Yep, 1000% positive. The kit that is for sale will have a new T76 drop shipped from PTE to replace the one that is on the car. This one was to go back. Didn't make any sense until now. But yep. Sure of it.

CPRsm

CNC'd flange as is the usual. If I can get the headers on with the stock OEM studs still in place, the slot will go away and we'll just make holes. The bolts at the top are pretty far away. So we made them a bit more beefed up. I've already had a set of long tubes leak there a bit because they weren't thick enough to resist bending around the gasket. But those flanges were 3/8's also, so who knows. We won't need to worry either way.
004pb.jpg

emeraldlx

Established Member
If you are not talking with dave and regurgitating his opinions, why even mention Hellion? I am a fabricator as well. If i was making a kit I know I could market it without putting another company in the gutter. IMO very amateur. Find the financial backing and make a kit. That does not make you some genius. Good luck with dealing with who you are dealing with.

:burn:

CPRsm

Precision Turbo themselves will tell you the T76 is too small for the Coyote. Straight from them. They recommended a different turbo even for a stock engine. You're right, will not make you a genius. Which is why I won't use that turbo.
A twin kit for 5k ? Lol. I'm rapid proto typing. Eating dinner at the shop right now. I should have the car running shortly. We can compare numbers then.

Users who are viewing this thread