The proto typing of a 2011 GT turbo kit

CPRsm

Some of the finalized parts are finally rolling in so I can make a finalized down pipe.You can see in the other pics it wasn't fully welded because the sides where they butt together weren't the same size. I could only tack together for mock up.

finaldownpipemerge.jpg

D.T.R

Established Member
As if the quality of those manifolds and the welding didn't speak for itself, I did a little research and someone, well known around here, told me that you can really build some good stuff... so I'm waiting to see what comes out of this kit.

Last edited:

CPRsm

Someone in Fl? Hmmm. Is it someone I've bribed ? LOL
That's cool man. Nice to strive for quality and people notice it.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
What's the plan to isolate the hot side of the turbo from the throttle body so the work done by the intercooler isn't for nothing?

CPRsm

With the blanket on the turbo it's not going to be bad. It isn't real close to the exhaust though. Either way, under the hood is always going to heat soak a tube under the hood. What you will see from this cruising around is inlets above ambient temp. Temps will go down for a second at WOT as the cooler air rushes in from the intercooler. That incoming air cools the inlet tube faster than the engine bay can put heat in. At idle with ice in my car (as an extreme example) I see 65-70 degree inlets hood closed. The higher the RPM the lower they go. When I got WOT, they drop down in the the high 30's.

D.T.R

Established Member
Do you have pics or an idea as to where the WG is going to be placed, and also what size WG?

CPRsm

I have only a 50mm plumbed right now because of his car. I have another coming in shortly and I'll add a 40mm for lower HP cars. The 50mm surface area is larger than two 38mm gates. It will be a bit over kill for your average car. I don't want the boost curve to be too sensitive. But this is the 50 gate. I've got one last trick up my sleeve I'll show a little later.

img53251.jpg

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
I'm waiting on a video of it transforming into a robot with turbos for ears....:pop: Hey were still working on funds to get Chris one for his car. Talk at yea soon, Mr fab it up....;-)

Last edited:

CPRsm

Hey were still working on funds to get Chris one his car. Talk at yea soon, Mr fab it up....;-)

Better put yer foot in his ass. LOL Need one last kit to go out for an auto.

That pic makes it look pretty easy. But that big bastard wasn't easy to put there lol.

Like the new sig Ry :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread