The proto typing of a 2011 GT turbo kit

CPRsm

It is smaller than the 76. Only larger externally. There are advantages to larger turbo like this. Like up to an 88mm will fit in this thing so there will be no fabbing to fit the day you upgrade. This turbo has a larger down pipe which is good for a few reasons. Also a 76 in such a small frame turbo with a large compressor eliminates the bell mouth. Bell mouths are free hp and spool faster. They help fill the compressor more evenly. Which means for ea revolution of the turbo, there is more air entering the engine.

CPRsm

Some intercooler pic and it roughed in place for mock up. Plenty of flow across the core. An A/W core will be available as usual for the guys where too much is never enough. Or, if you don't want to trim the bumper at all, pretty sure the A/W unit will fit with no trimming.

2011ic2.jpg

2011icf.jpg

icmounted001.jpg

Just thinking out loud here. Don't mind the fuse box and all that moved. Won't need to move it for this kit.

turbomocked2.jpg

turbomocked.jpg

Last edited:

Teej281

Established Member
So essentially what you're doing with the turbo is going to a smaller inlet but a much larger frame? Looking to buy a coyote in the coming year or so and want to turbo it. Looking forward to seeing this project come to fruition.

And don't mind all the bs. Make a great product and let the numbers and testing prove that your product is better than hellion's. I was personally thinking that the hellion kit was probably going to be my best bet but now I hear some things about their kit making me think twice and to just go with a blower when the time comes.

CPRsm

Yep, larger frame. Ability to go from 600 to 1200+ rwhp without fabbing the kit. Send turbo in for upgrades or sell it off. Install new one, go to track. Bellmouths are very important on inlets. That's why guys were picking up good power on S480's. when they went to a race cover. The 80mm and cutting the covers to fit were completely getting rid of any bellmouth. Bellmouths can be worth anything from 50 to over 200 hp. This won't be worth 200 obviously.

CPRsm

Thats a big turbo. My buddy has a mid frame like that, it makes power but needs nitrous to make up for how slow it comes on.

The size frame turbo really has nothing to do with how fast it will spool. Kinda like saying a HUGE gun is going to kick like a mother, even though it only shoots a 22cal. Know what I mean ? Internally this turbo is not that big.This turbo or which ever I decide to put in the kit will have no problem spooling. Nitrous is a band aid for the wrong convertor, tune or turbo.

CPRsm

Mods list and size turbo?
I think you guys are getting each other confused. You were asking if the spooling problems were on the coyote. Hatch said "yes" because he thought you were asking about this being a coyote.......I think.

Hopefully sooner than later Matt.

98ss88mm

Established Member
You think you are better than Hellion? Pfftt!!!!!!!! :pepper:

seriously, looks good! It will be interesting to see which turbo kit takes off... yours if you sell it to us for 5k :coolman:

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
The fact that the turbo isn't going behind the front bumper has pretty much got me sold on this kit...

CPRsm

seriously, looks good! It will be interesting to see which turbo kit takes off... yours if you sell it to us for 5k :coolman:
Nah, won't be 5k. My turbo cost about what the 2nd up grade is from Hellion, and comes with headers. The intercooler core itself costs 3 times as much as their entire intercooler. BUT, this kit could be easy to make, so who knows. It will need a k-member, but this kit is going to knock about 25-30 lbs off the front end with tubular components. Where some of the other kits I have seen will never have the option to run a sway bar or k-member.

Care to elaborate?
Gonna have to wait Holme slice !!

The fact that the turbo isn't going behind the front bumper has pretty much got me sold on this kit...

There will be other reasons

Last edited:

BryanW

Established Member
Thats a big turbo. My buddy has a mid frame like that, it makes power but needs nitrous to make up for how slow it comes on.

From the beginning of this thread we have asked exactly what size the turbo is, no answer. Its much bigger than what im comfortable driving everyday, i want streetability and quick spool up. Who wants 900 horsepower with a streetcar?
Biggers not always better:pepper:

CPRsm

What other than the external size makes you think it's not street worthy ? The compressor is smaller than a 76, so why do you think it will spool slow ? This turbo will not need nitrous, guaranteed. A precision 67mm turbo is rated to 900hp if that puts it into perspective a bit for you. Doesn't mean there are 900 hp street cars running around everywhere. Or 1100hp cars with 76mm's.

I don't plan on telling anyone what the size of the turbo is until I know it does what I want. The biggest reason is other companies. There are 4 companies with kit out(there are more, but I have data on these 4 only), or in development that all have too high of back pressure. 2 of them are the same turbo, the other two are different. Even though one of them is pretty much the same as the other one. Same turbine wheel anyways. One companies back pressure is 2-1 at only 5-6 psi!!!! He's been putting on a bigger turbo but it isn't going to do much. As far as streetable, my odds are looking pretty good right now. So then I tell everyone what mine is and there are multiple companies out there with running cars already, that could take my info and try it out before me. If you can give me a better reason to tell you, than my argument against it I'll tell ya man. But I can't see your argument being better than mine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread