The proto typing of a 2011 GT turbo kit

Nuar

Established Member
Any updates on this?? It started to get very interesting and then went silent.
I was looking into the "H" brand kit myself for my future Coyote but gtmiller1001'S thread turned me away from both Hellion and BBR.
Im looking forward to seeing this kit come to life.

CPRsm

It's kinda here and there. The headers and intercooler have been tested. Wanted to wait and see how they worked before continuing onto the single. They worked pretty well I'll tell ya. So a pallet full of tubing is here being made into headers while the kit is mocked for the single. Keep an eye on the car in the link below. That is going to have the upgraded kit. The stock kit info will go here. I will probably get the stock turbo kit numbers first since the car in the link is a bit of an undertaking.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...d-new-2012-coming-few-mods-big-ass-turbo.html

CPRsm

Thanx a lot. Oh yes. Not to worry, always making progress. Not as far away as many may think.
Wow, that's a really bad pic LOL.

trimmedtubing.jpg

CPRsm

Thanx sir. Time for stoopid.
We take down pipes seriously here lol. It is a full 5in down pipe. More area in the tubing than twin 3in down pipes. Advantage is in expansion when it comes into such a large tube, it cools and creates a pressure drop. That leaves more room for more exhaust, and creates a bigger pressure differential across the turbine. Basically means faster and better breathing with no trade off other than finding the room! Breathe it shall.

5indownpipe.jpg

5indownpipe2.jpg

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
that downpipe makes every other tube look absolutely tiny LOL. are you gonna lose much ground clearance with those big ass pipes running underneath there?

CPRsm

Nah, as best as I could measure maybe 1/2 inch? Oval tubing combined with custome k-member, it gives up damn near nothing. In these pics, the car was too low to get on my damn trailer w the nose on. Same way I did the 500's. I like this way because the down pipes are behind the radiator

gt500groudclearance029.jpg

gt500groudclearance030.jpg

CPRsm

As of right now these are the basic components for the majority of the cost. By guess is about 7,000 for the kit. Everything has already been test for the hard parts except for the turbo. That is going to take some testing as well but everything else including the IC has made 1000hp already

GT42 Custom Turbo
Tubular 4 into 1 headers w V band connections and 1/2in thick CNC'd flanges
Crossover, 5in down pipe split into dual 3in which runs all the way back to your cat back connection. No need to buy a mid pipe after kit purchase.
Hot parts are 2000 deg coated inside and out.
Huge A/A intercooler or A/W core for the same price.
Custom Tubular K-member
Custom Tubular radiator support
Dual fan assembly
And my kits always come with blankets

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
As of right now these are the basic components for the majority of the cost. By guess is about 7,000 for the kit. Everything has already been test for the hard parts except for the turbo. That is going to take some testing as well but everything else including the IC has made 1000hp already

GT42 Custom Turbo
Tubular 4 into 1 headers w V band connections and 1/2in thick CNC'd flanges
Crossover, 5in down pipe split into dual 3in which runs all the way back to your cat back connection. No need to buy a mid pipe after kit purchase.
Hot parts are 2000 deg coated inside and out.
Huge A/A intercooler or A/W core for the same price.
Custom Tubular K-member
Custom Tubular radiator support
Dual fan assembly
And my kits always come with blankets

Put me down on this :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread