The Terminator and Fair Market Value

BNblownsaleen

Established Member
Well, I am about to get flamed by every cobra owner on here but oh well.

Its like this, you can basically ask whatever you want for your car.. I don't care. Lets be relistic though, not everyone wants a cobra. They are approching the 7-8yr old vehicles. Just b/c YOU OWN a cobra and alot of people want them doesnt mean they are the only performance vehicle on the market.

These cars sell everyday for what they are "worth" not what you want. I am not going to go into much detail on this b/c I basically don't care but just take a look at these classified and see how many cars are STILL for, have not sold b/c the OP is asking what he "Thinks" his car is worth and not what its worth to the buyer.

Flame on.

dom418

Established Member
I have owned four 03-04 cobras. They were all my favorite cars. Each one had something unique about it. There is nothing like spending 1500 bucks and running low 11s high 10s!! The sounds are amazing. I miss hearing my screaming Eaton car with a Maganaflow exhaust and off road x pipe. Wow I miss it!
BUT, they were not a collector’s item :lol1: it was just a mustang. There hasn’t been but a few collector cars built in the last 30 years the Ford Gt being one of them. The Gt has actually increased in value since it was new. Who are you guys kidding? These cars may hold their value (those with under 5K miles orange and a convertible so, 72 or less of them) but for the most part they will never be worth more than they were new anytime in the near future, Period.
Just enjoy the cars and when you’re done sell it buy something else.
All of these threads with people selling these things like they are pure gold is ridiculous. Good luck finding a bank that will even finance one any more they are all over 5 years old.
The KBB and NADA values are all the cars are worth to the rest of the free world. Good luck telling the insurance guy its worth more because it will be a collector’s car in the year 2038. Let me know how that works out for you hahah
Anyway enough of the :bs: these cars values are falling like rocks because:
1. You can’t hardly finance them
2. People are broke. (Can’t really have a toy if you can’t make the mortgage)
3. All of mine got horrible gas mileage 15 mpg or less (blower whine and magnaflow again :D)
5. They are old news since the new sn 197 body style has come out. (Same interior since 1994......)
6. it’s a 6-7 year old car in just one week!!
How can you justify to yourself that a seven year old car you have to take out 20K+ out of your saving for with no warranty, questionable history, and a questionable future. Get Real!

Have a cold beer and relax its only a car. :beer:

You are wrong in so many ways.

1. If you have to finace a car 100% then you shouldn't even buy one.
2. Not everyone is broke and people with the cash are still going to buy toys. It is the guys that got in over their head and finance everything that are in trouble now but imo they deserve what they are getting.
3. Gas mileage? Come on people don't buy these cars to save on gas, get real it is a toy not a car to replace my civic.
4. guess you forgot that number:shrug:
5. Any classic car is old news, technology improves and each new generation of vehicle is better than the last. It has nothing to do with a vehicle's resale value. Not every Terminator owner wants a damn Shelby so the market isn't exactly flooded with pristine examples of Terminators. You can find a lot of junks that is for sure.
6. I hate when people use the "oh the Terminator is 7 years old" arguement to justify why they aren't worth anything. The demand on these cars is strong and will continue to be age has nothing to do with it!

"How can you justify to yourself that a seven year old car you have to take out 20K+ out of your saving for with no warranty, questionable history, and a questionable future. "

I did it last year and I sleep good at night. I justified it to myself because I love these cars, it didn't matter how old it was and I don't like the new body style. I mean your logic makes no sense, why even buy any used car then? questionable history? Please explain because last I checked these motors are bulletproof.

This battle will never end. There are always going to be people that think its just a mustang and not worth what people are asking and those who think they are a special car that is worth spending a little exta on.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Excellent write-up!! :thumbsup:

IMO any well kept '03-'04 Cobra with reasonable miles will always bring a good price!!

BTW, I own a 5,100 mile '04 CO Cobra convertible.

BladeX10

Established Member
Some of these 03/04 cobra owners are like the 05-09GT mustang crowd. They cant accept the fact that their cars are becoming yesterdays news. I want a cobra but i'm not paying $20k for a 50k mile cobra when i can get a GT500 for $10k more. I've seen many cases when ill see something like "I owe $22k so ill take 3k cash and you continue payments" who is going to pay 25k for a 45k mile cobra?

SVTL Joe Joe

Banned
you cobra guys are whiney

think of how us with lightnings feel

i got 25 k miles. mine isnt worth nearly that of a cobra

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
OP writeup should be a sticky IMO. :beer: :read:

Sticky? not without some changes. Over all a good write up. there are a few things that are matter of opinion and one or two that are flat out incorrect for a variety of reasons. I am not going to get into them here simply because it will turn into a flame fest and that is not what this is about.

and I say this as the owner of a low miles very well kept 04 mystichrome

spincobra03

Established Member
Sticky? not without some changes. Over all a good write up. there are a few things that are matter of opinion and one or two that are flat out incorrect for a variety of reasons. I am not going to get into them here simply because it will turn into a flame fest and that is not what this is about.

and I say this as the owner of a low miles very well kept 04 mystichrome

well said :beer:

03whipedsnake

Established Member
Some of these 03/04 cobra owners are like the 05-09GT mustang crowd. They cant accept the fact that their cars are becoming yesterdays news. I want a cobra but i'm not paying $20k for a 50k mile cobra when i can get a GT500 for $10k more. I've seen many cases when ill see something like "I owe $22k so ill take 3k cash and you continue payments" who is going to pay 25k for a 45k mile cobra?

:rollseyes

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
:beer:

i think that the OP was ALMOST wight on about what he said but none the less good write up

nlterminator

Mello Yellow
Established Member
There's a black 04 STOCK as a rock, one owner cobra for sale that I found. He's asking 29,900 obo. The thing has 3300 miles on it and looks literally brand spanking new.

I never got a chance to buy this car brand new and If I get a chance for this car to be on the market come spring time, I am seriously going to consider this.

I paid 27500 for mine in august. I had 17,000kms and was never even driven in the rain or left outside overnight. I have seen a couple low milage ones here over 30,000.

Silver95

Established Member

You know I agree and at the same time sort of disagree with you. I agree with the fact that the cobra isn't the new kid on the block any more, thats a no brainer. However, I don't sagree that just because it is out dated due to the fact that the GT500 has taken over it's role that it is necessarily a better car.

Like many other folks on here(based on what I read) I like the terminator better. The looks, the manley rods, the weight over the 500, the suede seats, IRS ride quality,just the whole package. Plus to boot, it's what started this whole forced induction stang thing for Ford, if I am not mistaken? So 20,000 for a terminator that's in deacent shape or 30,000 for a GT500? I'll spend 25,000 on a MINT, no miles bolt on Cobra and whoop on some GT500's and still have 5,000 in the bank to play around with :D

I still think these cars are THE best bang for your buck. Hands down.

Users who are viewing this thread