The wheel spacers are done!!!

coleman

Established Member
Undy, I for one appreciate all your HARD work! ... as I'm sure many, many here do as well... :thumbsup:

Undy

Established Member
Originally posted by coleman
Undy, I for one appreciate all your HARD work! ... as I'm sure many, many here do as well... :thumbsup:

Thanks coleman.. I appreciate your appreciation ...:D

Last edited:

Undy

Established Member
ARP's website: http://www.arp-bolts.com/

Picture of AFS' "extended reach" lub nuts from their site:

Notice how the shank below the tapered seat of the lug nut reaches into the wheel more to grab about 3/16" to 1/4" more of the stud..

Last edited:

robb

Guys, The best stud out there that I could find is sold by Steeda--made by ARP--1/2"longer than stock--$5.50 ea. Hope this helps, Rob

Undy

Established Member
The shop's supposed to have the latest batch done this Thursday evening.. I'll let everyone know when they ship along with their tracking numbers..

robb

Hi Dana, The stock studs are 1/2"dia.--20 thread/inch & approx. 2"-2.2" long. Rob.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Thanks rob,
The reason I asked was that Dorman lists a stud that is 2 1/4 inches long (same dia. & same thread) and I thought that it may be a suitable replacement for use with the spacers. They list the Mustang stock length as 2 inches, but did not specifically list the 2003 Cobra. The extra 1/4 inch would be just right.

I am going to order some if the stock ones do measure out to 2 inches. I'll pop one out and check the shoulder and see how they compare. I read somewhere installing the extended studs was a problem because of clearances with the added length and that a small portion of the head had to be ground down. We'll see...

Thanks,
Dana

robb

Dana, The 2 1/2" Steeda(ARP) stud is 3/8" longer than stock. Rob

Undy

Established Member
I just shipped my final shipment today.. I shipped 'em all USPS first class priority mail.. The following member's spacer were shipped:

John S.
Scott C.
Rob.

This is my final shipment.. I'm a mechanical contractor (HVAC) and my season has started full bore.. I just don't have the time to devote anymore..

That being said I'd like to introduce everyone to the actual machine shop individual that did all the work. He will continue to fill orders and be available to help anyone with other custom machine shop work.. To give you an idea of their capabilities they just crafted a billet V-8 block for a nitro burning motorcycle that runs in the 5s.. Very small displacement, one of only a half dozen in the country.. They're good at what they do!! w-e-l-l-l-l.... enough of the drum role.. He's now a board member and his handle is Raysur... Maybe he'll chime in and add to his intro..

It's been real pleasure helping out and all I can say is that ya'll are a bunch of stand-up guys. I'm proud to be a board member..
:thumbsup:
Dave

Raysur

Established Member
Chiming In

Hey Everybody I'll be handling all of the business for the wheel spacers from here on out if you have any questions about the spacers just let me know and I'll try to answer them. Aside from that you can reach me here by Pm and I'll take any orders you may need.

Thanks
Ray :beer:

03blackCOBRA

Civil PE
Established Member
Thanks Undy! Scott C here and I just got my set. Now I need the freaking wheels to show up and see how it all fits. I'm going to run Nitto555 275's on 17x9 up front and Nitto555R 315's out back on 17X10.5's. I'll let everyone know how it goes without doing anything to the IRS bolt and these spacers with the 315 Nittos on the 17x10.5's.:D

Steve Snake Driver

Established Member
Re: Chiming In

Originally posted by Raysur
Hey Everybody I'll be handling all of the business for the wheel spacers from here on out if you have any questions about the spacers just let me know and I'll try to answer them. Aside from that you can reach me here by Pm and I'll take any orders you may need.

Thanks
Ray :beer:

Really nice work, Ray. I just received my set today (thanks Robm and Undy) and they are first class work.

KOOY

Established Member
Hi, Raysur:
Nice to meet you in here, I have a few question about the spacer. Since I am not a native English speaker, I don't really understand you guy's conversation. So, my question is, How wide of the spacer can I install on my car? it's a all-stock 03' cobra. I didn't do any mod on it. But I want a better look of the car, I want the rear wheels look like the front wheels, which are wide enough to match the fender ---- like the front wheels. therefore, can you tell me what size is right for my car? thank you.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Greetings. I'm looking to use the Michelin 335/30/18 on my AFS Wheels. Do you think the 7/32 spacer will work or do I need something bigger? Thanks.

10.5 inch wheels by the way.

robb

sambandit, I think you are going to need bigger (3/8"+) spacers & longer studs(Steeda/ARP) for that setup. I needed 3/8" spacers & longer studs with my combo(AFS 10.5"X 17" with Goodyear 315/35-17 F1 GS D-3s). Hope this helps, Rob---BTW, Anybody with questions on the stud swap can call me any time--301-370-0652.

03blackCOBRA

Civil PE
Established Member
Welp I just put on the 17x10.5 AFS wheels and 315 Nitto 555R's with the wheel spacers (no bolt mod). No rub up on the rack or down on the ground. Thanks Undy! The quality is top notch:beer:

I got the Nitto's from DiscountTireDirect on the net with the SVTOA discount and the tire busters that mounted the tires really liked the spacers. They also enjoyed the "greasy film removal" from the nitto's....aka a smoke show.:D hehe

One bonus of the 17x10.5 with the Nitto 555R's is the car now seems faster. When I leave the traction control on I usually get it to come on in the top of first and sometimes the top of second. Now with the new wheels and tires it doesn't thus the faster feeling IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread