This is my birthday present to me!!

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
Deceided to pull the blower and have it ported for my birthday present to myself. Took a little over 2 hours, but nothing got broke or damaged so I was happy. Should be in the ups truck by noon. Here are some photos I took.
100_0249.gif

Here are some before photos, I will post some after's when I get it back.
100_0252.gif
81bffe29.gif

And here is the aftermath-
100_0255.gif

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
what did you do to help with the re-installation as far as making sure all the wires, lines, hoses, etc. get put backin the correct place?

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
sndmn_2000 said:
does it take long to take the blower off, and is it hard?
It's not too bad, I have did it a few times now, but the first time is kind of hard, but doable

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
LTHL VNM said:
what did you do to help with the re-installation as far as making sure all the wires, lines, hoses, etc. get put backin the correct place?
I didn't lable anything, I have did this 3 or 4 times now so I pretty much know where everything goes.

hj16

Established Member
sndmn_2000 said:
I would take lots of pictures if i was doin it
Thats what I did. That and labeling everything, and putting the bolts/nuts in marked baggies. Made Install a breeze :D

RiffRaff04

Established Member
One thing I did this Saturday when I pulled mine off was to lay everything in the trunk in the order it was removed.As far as the wires/ hoses go its pretty straight forward. Most of them can only be plugged into their original place(they wont fit anywhere else)

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
LTHL VNM said:
Here's what I did. I took Apten's removal/installation instructions and assigned a number to each step. Then I made number tags for the steps that included parts. I grouped the parts and assigned a step number tag to each. Then when I did the install all I had to do was match the parts groupings to the numbered step. Worked super for me. Of course pics will help, too, but I'm by no means an accomplished mechanic and my system worked foolproof.

;-)

dynobobstieg

Justin Blake said:
Stiegemeier, this thing is headed your way, hopefully you will have it by tomorrow.

Make sure you send your phone # and return address I will call you as soon as it gets here!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :thumbsup:

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
Stiegemeier said:
Make sure you send your phone # and return address I will call you as soon as it gets here!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :thumbsup:
Sure will. Thanks alot :banana:

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
Exta ponies here we come! :burnout: Happy Birthday.
I will be pulling off my blower soon. I guess we can call it a Christmas gift to me. :pepper:

Hye

Established Member
you got the absorber and the same exact meguiars car washing soap that i use...very nice... :beer:

is it hard to pull the blower off if its ur first time?

Justin Blake

Kenne Bell Powered
Established Member
Hye06 said:
you got the absorber and the same exact meguiars car washing soap that i use...very nice... :beer:

is it hard to pull the blower off if its ur first time?
Its not too bad, just jump in and label stuff if you have to.

chrisle7220

Established Member
I too will be pulling mine off. Gonna do the 4lb lower also. Ive taken off a friends blower before and re-installed it. It took us a while to take it off, we were real careful with everything. Putting it back on took us about 2 hours. Its not hard to do all this, but it is time consuming. But i cant wait till I do mine!!

Users who are viewing this thread