Tinted Winshield Owners:

Eddie Z

Established Member
5% on side/back windows, 50% on front. I love it!!! No visability issues in rain/night.

l_fb71f2ec6fd574adadfe00e48d7c2241.jpg

l_789e941352e17a6b3b58a94bf5516a5a.jpg

l_215f3f7fd8785fbdf692bd3158e7fcb7.jpg

PIXER

Banned
WOW GUYS,
thanks a ton.

I live in "the country" so....... as much as I want to say go with 35...... I suppose I will go with 50%

Another question, since I assume they have to cut a "line" at the top so they can get it around the rearview mirror, is this noticeable?

If I still lived where I moved from or lived in the city I would definately go 35%.

Again, i am VERY suprised so many people have had this done, out of the 11 cars I have owned all but 2 were tinted (didn't have the one truck long enough, and couldn't justify spending money on the SRt-4 since it was so ugly :lol: )

But yeah, never, ever considered tinting the windshield till just recently.

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
I wanted to tint mine also, but is it illegal here in texas? anybody know for sure? or not, ill wont go more than 50 maybe 65 i was thinking...

It is illegal here, but who cares. :shrug:

I'm needing to get my tint redone on my car. Have 25% on the sides and 5% on the rest currently. I'm planning on going with 10% on the sides (front two) and 5% again on the rear. And then all I need is solid black rims and the look will be complete. :rockon:

PIXER

Banned
It is illegal here, but who cares. :shrug:

I'm needing to get my tint redone on my car. Have 25% on the sides and 5% on the rest currently. I'm planning on going with 10% on the sides (front two) and 5% again on the rear. And then all I need is solid black rims and the look will be complete. :rockon:

your '05 + already needs new tint? :??:
Why change the sides?
Stay 5% on the sides and rear, cop is not going to fine you less for 10 over 5...............
on the dozens upon dozens of times I have been pulled over or cars impounded.... never a ticjet or removal of tint. EVER, in ~6 states now.
The lightest I Ever had was my first car..... 20% all around (legal was 35)

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
your '05 + already needs new tint? :??:
Why change the sides?
Stay 5% on the sides and rear, cop is not going to fine you less for 10 over 5...............
on the dozens upon dozens of times I have been pulled over or cars impounded.... never a ticjet or removal of tint. EVER, in ~6 states now.
The lightest I Ever had was my first car..... 20% all around (legal was 35)

It's an '08. And yea, it needs it redone. I had it done in December by a guy back in my hometown. He used to do quality work, but he just sold his "business" to some other guy about 2 weeks after he did my tint. It's bubbling on the rear and the side windows have all kinds of rough spots in it. Neither one of the guys would fix it, so I'm getting it redone here in Austin during the summer. :bored:

I will probably go 5% on all windows (driver, passenger, quarters, and rear). I really like the 5% on the rear 3 that I currently have - it sucks at night though, especially with tinted tail lights.

PIXER

Banned
It's an '08. And yea, it needs it redone. I had it done in December by a guy back in my hometown. He used to do quality work, but he just sold his "business" to some other guy about 2 weeks after he did my tint. It's bubbling on the rear and the side windows have all kinds of rough spots in it. Neither one of the guys would fix it, so I'm getting it redone here in Austin during the summer. :bored:

I will probably go 5% on all windows (driver, passenger, quarters, and rear). I really like the 5% on the rear 3 that I currently have - it sucks at night though, especially with tinted tail lights.

Yeah I hear that, just had my tails nightshaded and they are WAY WAY darker than I thought......... looking for some bright azz LED reverse lights now.......

dawssvt

1998 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I have 5% all around and 35% on the windshield. It's a little hard to see at night when there aren't any streetlights, but you get used to it :rockon:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
I just like the fact nobody can see in during the day and espc. at night ;)

svt_foci

Don't Answer
Established Member
Tinting the windshield is one of the cleanest looks you can get on a vehicle.

Why do you think most car commercials have tinted cars and tinted windshields!!!

I think it looks nice, but very illegal. Plus in VA not only do you have a State inspection sticker, but most counties have a sticker for the windshield too. Ticketing hee is rediculous (see our reckless driving tickets for over a thousand dollars.)

I guess that is why I am surprised... just the law

03 KYL

Established Member
20% sides and back / 35% front windshield

Although I love the look of it, I wouldn't recommend going this dark if you do alot of night driving
IMG_0680-1.gif

IMG_0657.gif

PIXER

Banned
Thanks for all the help guys, I just got back from the tint shop.
They fixed my scraped window tint and tinted the winshield 50%.

Looks ok, (already wishing I went with 35%) But I will see tonight

svt_foci

Don't Answer
Established Member
From the looks of link posted above it is illegal in all states to tint your whole window. If I am wrong can someone post a link to correct me...

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
From the looks of link posted above it is illegal in all states to tint your whole window. If I am wrong can someone post a link to correct me...

Yes it is illegal in ALL states... But some states don't have stupid ridiculous ass fines like you guys...

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
i have another question.... will a car pass tech inspection with a tinted windshield at the track?

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Yes it is illegal in ALL states... But some states don't have stupid ridiculous ass fines like you guys...

Yea we have strict laws, can't have anything darker than 35%. They don't allow a tint bar on the front windshield. To get a inspection sticker they test your tint, then give you a tint sticker and test it each year after that. Fine is $1500.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
i have another question.... will a car pass tech inspection with a tinted windshield at the track?

Unless I told you, you would have NO IDEA that my windshield has been tinted.. you could look alll over the inside and would not be able to tell.. IF someone says it looks awfully dark, I say it's a white car with tinted windows and a black interior, so it makes all the windows look darker.. thats all...

Users who are viewing this thread