Tinted Winshield Owners:

Eddie Z

Established Member
We have identical cars :) Everything except my rk's are not polished :) I even have 5% and 50% tint(not shown in these pics) :beer:

Good looking car!! :beer:;-)

Baer rotors are on my things to do list.

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
5% on the sides with 35% on the windshield

just recently got pulled over for it too....its staying on tho :)

here are a few pics.
Picture372.jpg

Picture230.jpg

1992sc50

What, its just a 5oh!
Established Member
Just hope you dont get into an accident and have a tinted windshield. It doesnt matter whose fault it is, your gonna get the finger pointed at you (if they realize that you have it tinted that is). Guess its a gamble either way, unless you have a doctors prescription that allows it.

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
Just hope you dont get into an accident and have a tinted windshield. It doesnt matter whose fault it is, your gonna get the finger pointed at you (if they realize that you have it tinted that is). Guess its a gamble either way, unless you have a doctors prescription that allows it.

hahah yea, not for me:pepper:

the dumb ass at the tint shop gave me the reciept when thier not supposed too:loser:

sucks for them:beer:

silverstang23

Established Member
i can see fine with my 5% on front windshield. If you don't want to tint to entire windshield, put a 7 inch strip on. That will allow you to see fine at night. It will take all the glare away during the day.

slobra22

Established Member
I wanted to tint mine also, but is it illegal here in texas? anybody know for sure? or not, ill wont go more than 50 maybe 65 i was thinking...

351.....the darkest you can go in texas is 30% ON THE FRONT AND 5% ON THE BACK WINDOWS....hope that helps man!!

svt_foci

Don't Answer
Established Member
Yes it is illegal in ALL states... But some states don't have stupid ridiculous ass fines like you guys...

ye what suck more is that it is only for instate driver not out of staters. I wouldnt mind doing the tint, my only problem is with the sticker we have to display in our windshield. You scrape them off and there goes the tint with it.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I don't have it on the cobra, but I have it on my wife's Expedition and it makes a huge difference. Especially in the summer when it is 110 degrees+!! I went with 45-50% (can't remember), and no visibility issues at all.

crayolatx

Banned
my buddy has his tinted (eliteweiner) on his 06 GT and i drove it one night when it was dark and raining with no issues.....i want mine done

yessir, 30% on the windshield. I had 5%+30% all around and I love it, only issue of seeing is the sides cant tell the windshield is done at all

PIXER

Banned
TOOK a few pics:

Nightshaded tails FTW:

Once I get done paying for this damn DUI :nonono: 18's , wet sanded, buffed, and some paintwork will soon insue.

Thanks again guys for the pics

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
my friends buddy had double limo on back and sides ( civic 2 dr) and 5% on the front windows and the windshield. never needed sunglasses. rode it in some and once at night. i liked it. sorry no pics tho.

saleenmuscle18

Established Member
I have 5% on the sides and rear and 15% on the windshield.
No problems... helps keep the glare down from oncoming traffic.

Damn Thats crazy man! i Have 15% on my sides on my DD aily driver, and its hard to see out the side windows at night, maybe i just have bad eyes. It looks real good though

PIXER

Banned
It's really not bad at all. I just like to pick my nose without worry about people seeing me getting those monsters out... lol.

Damn man, Didn't know yours were that dark!
But your not in the "country" part like I am right?

Daily drive yours?

We've definately got to meet up, you going to the dyno day?

Users who are viewing this thread