Tinted Winshield Owners:

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
ok, how about those who are not friends with the shop owners....

I called this one place down here in Austin that supposedly does good work and asked them about tinting the fronts 10% or 15% (I think 25% is the legal limit here), and the guy I talked to on the phone told me to come in one day and talk to the "main" guy. He said if I don't act like an ass and be cool about it, he will more than likely do it.

If not, I'll just take my happy ass back home and get a guy in my hometown to do it, no questions asked.

SatinGreenGT

Established Member
I have 30% on the windshield, and double layer of 20% over 7% on everywhere else.

new6-1.jpg

new10.jpg

11-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

19-1.jpg

Here in Georgia, you use to be able to get a tint permit so I got one a couple years back before the tint law went back to place.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
i really want 50% but i just cant do it. Not only harder to see, but its SUPER illegal and just asking for big trouble, esp when (like me) have really dark tint all around the car with loud exhaust.

Bankstitan

Pwns F150s daily
Established Member
i have 20 % tint all around including windshiled on my truck. i love it. only time i notice a difference is late evening when it looks darker then it really is. otherwise during the day its like wearing sunglasses and at night i cant even tell

04HarleyF250

Fun in the Sun
Established Member
My rear pass/ driver and back window on the superduty register 0% on a "tint checker"

front pass/ driver register 3%

Windshield is about 30%

With the black interior, and the sides being so dark, 30% gets the effect on the front without being too dark. Ive never regretted it, no glare.

In Georgia, if you do get a tint ticket, you simply present a "receipt of removal" and the ticket goes away.

What Ive noticed with tint tickets is it wont usually get you pulled over, but if you are already on the side of the road for something else, you are probably gonna get hooked up.

i really want 50% but i just cant do it. Not only harder to see, but its SUPER illegal and just asking for big trouble, esp when (like me) have really dark tint all around the car with loud exhaust.

+1. I probably wont mess with tint on the cobra, that would be too easy for the fuzz.

03' White Snake

Established Member
so like asked b4, do any of you with tinted shields have a yearly inspection sticker on the window?? what do they do about that? do they tint the hole window and then put a clear thick vinyl in the area where the inspection goes?? Like in mass we have stickers in the lower right corners.
They use a razor blade to scrape the old 1 off, i'd hate for them to f*** up the tint on there.

Last edited:

weezyscobra

sick with it
Established Member
121.jpg

116.jpg

5% sides, 35% on the windshield. IMHO, don't do any darker than 35% on the windshield for a DD car.

Here's 20% sides, 47% front:
fifi3.jpg

Bankstitan

Pwns F150s daily
Established Member
nice...thats what the tint job on my truck was like. 20 all around including windshiled. Now that i came to TX.....dam inspection...so i removed the windshield tint. I plan on tinting out my other truck 20 all around as i dont drive it as much

Users who are viewing this thread