To paxton or to turbo? Tis is the question.

Jenkins

Established Member
So I now have a 14 GT A6 and the plan was turbo but with me getting a house the Paxton price tags looks better and better. So has anyone had both and could give a little insight? My car now has stall, CAI, ORX, Aback, tune, bigs n littles, lots of suspension and naws. Goal for the car is a 9 second street strip car. Thanks!

Jenkins

Established Member
What tq converter do u have? What about wanting more power in the future? (duh)

Circle d 3c. I think both power adders will give me all the power I need before and after I build the motor. Don't care about dyno number I just want a 9sec street car.

mjohns930

Established Member
9s have been done with the Paxton. If that is more in your budget then I say go for it. Very proven set up.

Zevox

Established Member
I'd rock the Paxton bud, way less money and still good performance. What about going with a TVS? Kind of in the middle money wise but I don't know how it performs differently that the other options.

Jenkins

Established Member
Thanks for all the input guys! I'm getting the house regardless and the important finances come first of course but I'm kinda tired of the spray and ready for FI which was the plan the whole time. I guess I never looked at PD blowers cause I thought PD price = turbo price but I'll do a little more research.

RC-5.0

Established Member
If you're getting a house, save your money...you can get the Power adder any time.. House owning costs a fortune. You can get in your house, see how payments go, THEN make a decision. Sorry, the "dad" in me coming out.
RC

Jenkins

Established Member
If you're getting a house, save your money...you can get the Power adder any time.. House owning costs a fortune. You can get in your house, see how payments go, THEN make a decision. Sorry, the "dad" in me coming out.
RC

Haha no problem like I said I have the house finances already taken care of and put to the side. The plan was always just turbo but the Paxton's cheap but turbo seems to make more power but this and but that is what my mind keeps doing and it's making my decision harder. I just want to spend the money once not buy the paxton and wish I got turbo or bought turbo and wish I would've saved a couple thousand and put a paxton on there.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Haha no problem like I said I have the house finances already taken care of and put to the side. The plan was always just turbo but the Paxton's cheap but turbo seems to make more power but this and but that is what my mind keeps doing and it's making my decision harder. I just want to spend the money once not buy the paxton and wish I got turbo or bought turbo and wish I would've saved a couple thousand and put a paxton on there.

You know I'm going to tell you to go the Paxton route. Save the $$, the kit has 8 second potential down the road once your ready.

Bang for the buck it simply can't be beat.

Lemme know and i'll get you set up! :)

Turbosixx

Established Member
RC

Watch what you say around here.... I got scoffed at when I told a guy (asking if he can install a paxton in an apartment parking lot) that he should have his priorities straight.

Last edited:

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
I love my Paxton when cruzing through town it feels stock can't even tell its supercharged. I also got the tq booster and love it car pulls like a train. And when I build my bottom end I can just pulley down and crank up the boost.

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
Watch what you say around here.... I got scoffed at when I told a guy (asking if he can install a paxton in an apartment parking lot) that he should have his priorities straight.

I remember that.lol. buy a 5k blower and live in a complex. Good times.

Users who are viewing this thread