To Supradedupra and SoFLANSX - Lets make a movie!

SoFlaNSX

Established Member
Originally posted by scsaleen
So how do compare with the $50,000 ZO6 or maybe a saleen E, or an $80,000 viper. Not good, I'm sure, and an NSX is not an exotic car. It's just another Honda.

Not sure about the Saleen E, but the ZO6 and the Viper are faster around the track on paper, however, from my experience about 75% of the ZO6 and Viper drivers out there have no clue how to drive their car properly.

For example, I met a guy with a silver Z06 with a 9/11 tribute painted on the hood up in Gainesville at the speedway up there. He was supercharged with drag radials and was running consistent 13.2s. And his traps weren't all that impressive either...I think like 108? 109? Now, stock that car should run high 12s! Supercharged: high 11s.

The problems I found when I test drove the ZO6: Cheap feeling. Plastic dash, Cavalier interior, uncomfortable seating position, can't see over the front end of that seemingly 8' long hood area, too "me too" for my taste, poor craftsmanship (hell its a Chevy), depreciates way too quickly and a few other things I dont even remember anymore. Overall, I hated the car. Bottom line. So quit with your "Why not a ZO6?" comments.

As for the Viper, I have driven a viper on the streets and at the track. Impressive. I hate the R/T 10, so those are ruled out. The only Viper I would buy is a 2000 or above GTS. I won't buy anything older because its V10 Dodge and the reliability isn't exactly world reknown. And since at this point in time, 2000+ GTS's are a bit out of my price range at 60k+, I went with the NSX. I do love the Vipers raw power and great handling, but here are a few things I hate: Crummy interior layout. I'm 6'3 and there is not much room in there for me. The tranny is right at your right leg and gets hot as balls on long drives and I love taking long trips in my car(s). The stock radio sucks, the windows are so small that hardly any air can come in (I rarely use the A/C so windows is a biggie for me), the car gets too hot without hte A/C on and it gets like 3mpg with the A/C on and 5mpg without it. With the $2.00 a gallon gas prices down here, I can't afford to be fillin up everyday. My NSX is a daily driver, a viper would be more costly and uncomfortable to be a daily driver. My banker has a 2002 GTS and has already blown a cam seal on that motor.

As for the Saleen E, don't know enough about it unless you're referring to the 281E and in that case, its a joke compared to an NSX. I did seriously look at a supercharged S351 though but when it came time to buy, I could no longer find the guy! :shrug:

JMHCobra

Established Member
This is for SoFlaNSX ...

Not intended as a flame! I'm just curious about your car since I know nothing about NSX's save for the specs I read on Edmunds.

From what I read, the curb weight is 3153 lbs and the engine (V6) is rated at 290hp/224ft-lbs...

Is your car running those near twelve second passes in stock trim? If so, is it some sort of alternate model that they don't have listed for this year? (Or previous years for that matter.) Mid-to-high twelves seem like really low times considering the aforementioned specs. Considering the car is mid-engine and highly engineered, I imagine there could be other variables ... I'd rather get the 411 from an owner, though. I prefer not to "magazine race" as they say. ;)

As for stature, I don't think I've ever seen one on the roads around here. It's an exotic - at least in Tulsa.

SoFlaNSX

Established Member
Originally posted by JMHCobra
This is for SoFlaNSX ...

Not intended as a flame! I'm just curious about your car since I know nothing about NSX's save for the specs I read on Edmunds.

From what I read, the curb weight is 3153 lbs and the engine (V6) is rated at 290hp/224ft-lbs...

Is your car running those near twelve second passes in stock trim? If so, is it some sort of alternate model that they don't have listed for this year? (Or previous years for that matter.) Mid-to-high twelves seem like really low times considering the aforementioned specs. Considering the car is mid-engine and highly engineered, I imagine there could be other variables ... I'd rather get the 411 from an owner, though. I prefer not to "magazine race" as they say. ;)

As for stature, I don't think I've ever seen one on the roads around here. It's an exotic - at least in Tulsa.

Actually, Arizona has quite a few beautiful NSXs that I've seen on NSXPrime.

As for the performance of the car, there are alot of different variables that come into play. For one, 3153 is the curb weight for the Targa, not the coupe. The coupe is 3010 and thats with a full tank of gas. With a 1/4 tank of gas, it's now around 2950. The NSX is an amazing car to launch! You can launch it at around 5k RPMs with very little spin because you have a big engine sittin on top of the back tires to aid with traction. Also, the gearbox on that thing is tighter than a 12 year old virgin. Even my grandpa could shift that thing lightning fast. Also, the gearing on the NA2 NSX is great! The 6 speed keeps each shift in VTEC/powerband range and never drops out of it. The long gears requires you to shift only to third gear in the 1/4 mile. The powerband on the car is pretty impressive too. It only makes 290, but it doesn't take long for the car to get there! I've seen bone-stock NSXs pull 1.8s in the 60' with skilled drivers.

The NSX won't run a mid 12 1/4 mile in any way shape or form stock, but with a few bolt-ons, it can. 12.8/12.9 is the lowest it can run stock and 13.3/13.4 is about the highest the NA2 can run.

Now, in Japan there is the Type S and Type R...both are full race prepped (lightweight seats, steering wheel, firmer suspension, lightweight rims, exhaust...they typically run 12.7-12.9. Temple of VTEC has them runnin a 12.8 I believe against a Skyline R-34 GTR.

The place the NSX shines is on the road course, lapping faster than the 348, 355 and .1 seconds slower than the 360 at Nuremberg! It has great exiting power and handles like its on rails!

The bottom end on the car is impressive too! There is a C32B NSX puttin down over 1000hp on teh stock bottom end I believe. He's runnin 7.6s at 147 in the 1/4 mile right now!

JMHCobra

Established Member
Interesting indeed ... that's pretty lightweight. This may seem like a silly question, but for the life of me I can't find any kind of reference to "NA2". What is that, exactly? A term for the automatic?

As for the engine, what's the redline? I noticed peak power was at 7100rpm.

Don't know about Arizona, but I'm from Tulsa, Oklahoma. ;-)

SoFlaNSX

Established Member
Originally posted by JMHCobra
Interesting indeed ... that's pretty lightweight. This may seem like a silly question, but for the life of me I can't find any kind of reference to "NA2". What is that, exactly? A term for the automatic?

As for the engine, what's the redline? I noticed peak power was at 7100rpm.

Don't know about Arizona, but I'm from Tulsa, Oklahoma. ;-)

DUH lol I saw Tulsa and automatically thought Tucson! my bad!

It revs up to 8,200. NA2 is a term for the C32B NSXs (97+ which got a 3.2 litre engine and 6 speed tranny).

If you think 3010 is impressive, i've gotten mine down to 2700 without touching the interior yet! Just took out tools (comes with air compressor), replaced with lightweight exhaust/intake, lighter suspension, removed spare tire and its mounting brackets, lightweight rims, removed the engine cover, and a few little things here and there. Gonna take her down to 2650 with racing seats soon, but add another 25 with supercharger :beer:

SynMan5.0

Established Member
Let me clear up any misconceptions anyone may have had about what I said. SoFlaNSX, I could care less what you decide to drive. I don't understand why you would choose a 290 hp Honda over a 405 hp Corvette (for $30k less), but that's not my choice to make. I've always said I give respect where respect is due. I have no respect for you. Know why? Because you and your Supra buddy come in here whining for 5 pages about how the race was "unfair." You made excuse after excuse and wouldn't give in to the fact that the Cobra would've smoked him anyway. You were mislead by the Mustang driver. Boo hoo. It was a street race, deal with it. Why invade a Ford forum with page after page of excuses when all you have to do is make another video to shut everyone up? I personally don't see it happening anytime soon, but I'm really tired of the excuses and the whining. Drive your NSX, be happy. That's perfectly fine by me. Just don't expect to gain everyone's respect and understanding by making the same old ricer excuses over and over again. You lost. The end.

SuperTrooper

Can't get the last word n
Established Member
ok ok ok...so I will make another post. I for one don't care for GM products and actually like Honda. What I mean is car for car, Honda just makes a better more reliable vehicle. However, on the topic of buying a "sports car"....you have got to be F'ing kidding me to spend 60-80K on a Honda here in the US. Europe and abroad, sure! You can get the NSX cheaper over seas. I don't care what results you show me as what the pros prduce (lap times etc...) every Vette club, viper club, BMW club, and NSX club etc....event I go to, never have I seen a NSX up front. EVER! Thats no bullshit. I am partial to Viper and Vettes for this type of racing. (close friend own 2 vipers and my dad owns a C5 vette)...However, the kicker....this god damn steeda mustang always seems to be laping the field in record time. So sleep well knowing you dropped 50K to much into a 40mpg Honda and that you will get walked by most mustangs, vettes, and vipers on any given day be it 1/4 or road course. By trying to dispute this won't make any difference for I don't care what justification you may want to come up with. We all know the truth and you should except it!

SoFlaNSX

Established Member
Originally posted by svt46sc
Let me clear up any misconceptions anyone may have had about what I said. SoFlaNSX, I could care less what you decide to drive. I don't understand why you would choose a 290 hp Honda over a 405 hp Corvette (for $30k less), but that's not my choice to make.

I didn't pay $30k more for my NSX.

I've always said I give respect where respect is due. I have no respect for you.

Ya, and I'm the Pope :rolleyes:

you and your Supra buddy come in here whining for 5 pages about how the race was "unfair." You made excuse after excuse and wouldn't give in to the fact that the Cobra would've smoked him anyway. You were mislead by the Mustang driver. Boo hoo. It was a street race, deal with it. Why invade a Ford forum with page after page of excuses when all you have to do is make another video to shut everyone up? I personally don't see it happening anytime soon, but I'm really tired of the excuses and the whining. Drive your NSX, be happy. That's perfectly fine by me. Just don't expect to gain everyone's respect and understanding by making the same old ricer excuses over and over again. You lost. The end.

Here let me fix that for you:
you and your Supra buddy come in here whining for 5 pages about how the race was "unfair." You made one excuse and wouldn't give in to the fact that the Cobra would've smoked him anyway. He were mislead by the Mustang driver. Boo hoo. It was a street race, deal with it. Why invade a Ford forum with page after page of excuse not excuses when all He has to do is make another video to shut everyone up? I personally don't see it happening anytime soon, but I'm really tired of the excuse and the whining. Drive your NSX, be happy. That's perfectly fine by me. Just don't expect to gain everyone's respect and understanding by making the same old ricer excuses over and over again. He lost. The end.

:loser:

SoFlaNSX

Established Member
Originally posted by SuperTrooper
ok ok ok...so I will make another post. I for one don't care for GM products and actually like Honda. What I mean is car for car, Honda just makes a better more reliable vehicle. However, on the topic of buying a "sports car"....you have got to be F'ing kidding me to spend 60-80K on a Honda here in the US. Europe and abroad, sure! You can get the NSX cheaper over seas. I don't care what results you show me as what the pros prduce (lap times etc...) every Vette club, viper club, BMW club, and NSX club etc....event I go to, never have I seen a NSX up front. EVER! Thats no bullshit. I am partial to Viper and Vettes for this type of racing. (close friend own 2 vipers and my dad owns a C5 vette)...However, the kicker....this god damn steeda mustang always seems to be laping the field in record time. So sleep well knowing you dropped 50K to much into a 40mpg Honda and that you will get walked by most mustangs, vettes, and vipers on any given day be it 1/4 or road course. By trying to dispute this won't make any difference for I don't care what justification you may want to come up with. We all know the truth and you should except it!

For one, I didn't spend $60-80k on a Honda. And actually, the NSX is more expensive overseas. In Aussie, they've been known to go for over $100,000.

BMW Club? LOL maybe the Z8 and an M roadster, but thats it. You obviously are hanging out with the wrong NSX club.

Most mustangs, vettes and Vipers will walk me huh? Well, if the ZO6 is the "majority" of vettes produced, then I guess you're right. But I would love to see a C4, LS1 C5, or any other vette besides the ZO6 (and maybe the ZR1) on the track!!

MOST Mustangs? :rockon: Keep telling yourself that! Cobra R? Maybe. Saleen S351 Couple or SR? Maybe. Stock Cobras? :lol1: You're kidding right???

Vipers: i'll give ya that one...provided the guy driving knows anything about controlling a 500hp beast out of a corner at 6000rpms! Good luck keepin her on the course! :)

I don't know what to think of the shit you just pulled out of your ass but until you can back it up with facts, its just bullshit. I have never seen a stock to lightly modified mustang beat an S2000 none-the-less an NSX on a road course!!

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
Let me clear up any misconceptions anyone may have had about what I said. SoFlaNSX, I could care less what you decide to drive. I don't understand why you would choose a 290 hp Honda over a 405 hp Corvette (for $30k less), but that's not my choice to make. I've always said I give respect where respect is due. I have no respect for you. Know why? Because you and your Supra buddy come in here whining for 5 pages about how the race was "unfair." You made excuse after excuse and wouldn't give in to the fact that the Cobra would've smoked him anyway. You were mislead by the Mustang driver. Boo hoo. It was a street race, deal with it. Why invade a Ford forum with page after page of excuses when all you have to do is make another video to shut everyone up? I personally don't see it happening anytime soon, but I'm really tired of the excuses and the whining. Drive your NSX, be happy. That's perfectly fine by me. Just don't expect to gain everyone's respect and understanding by making the same old ricer excuses over and over again. You lost. The end.

HP isn't everything when looking at a open track car. I'm not trying to flame, but it all depends on what is done with the available horsepower. The gearing, shifting, chassis, suspension, etc... all play vital roles in how the car delivers. The NSX in the Speed Channel World Challenge Series seemed to do very, very well. There's a lot of developement that goes into a car as you probably know. What you're paying for in an NSX is just that. It doesn't need the stiff suspension of the Z06 to handle as well. It does so through properly engineered damping and control arm movement.

Different strokes for different folks.

SoFlaNSX

Established Member
Originally posted by moridin2004
HP isn't everything when looking at a open track car. I'm not trying to flame, but it all depends on what is done with the available horsepower. The gearing, shifting, chassis, suspension, etc... all play vital roles in how the car delivers. The NSX in the Speed Channel World Challenge Series seemed to do very, very well. There's a lot of developement that goes into a car as you probably know. What you're paying for in an NSX is just that. It doesn't need the stiff suspension of the Z06 to handle as well. It does so through properly engineered damping and control arm movement.

Different strokes for different folks.

And near 50/50 weight distribution. And a mid-engined format that allows substantial traction when exiting the turns at high rpm/high power. And a solid body with hardly any chassis flex whatsoever. Keep in mind: the guy who developed teh suspension for the NSX also developed the suspension for the Mclaren F1 if I remember correctly...and I actually think the NSX was the platform of which he re-used.

Oh and for the NSX not winning anything: Ever heard of JGTC??? :rolleyes:

SuperTrooper

Established Member
Originally posted by SoFlaNSX
For one, I didn't spend $60-80k on a Honda. And actually, the NSX is more expensive overseas. In Aussie, they've been known to go for over $100,000.

BMW Club? LOL maybe the Z8 and an M roadster, but thats it. You obviously are hanging out with the wrong NSX club.

Most mustangs, vettes and Vipers will walk me huh? Well, if the ZO6 is the "majority" of vettes produced, then I guess you're right. But I would love to see a C4, LS1 C5, or any other vette besides the ZO6 (and maybe the ZR1) on the track!!

MOST Mustangs? :rockon: Keep telling yourself that! Cobra R? Maybe. Saleen S351 Couple or SR? Maybe. Stock Cobras? :lol1: You're kidding right???

Vipers: i'll give ya that one...provided the guy driving knows anything about controlling a 500hp beast out of a corner at 6000rpms! Good luck keepin her on the course! :)

I don't know what to think of the shit you just pulled out of your ass but until you can back it up with facts, its just bullshit. I have never seen a stock to lightly modified mustang beat an S2000 none-the-less an NSX on a road course!!

Like I said man....I don't care how you dispute my facts. Your the one that has to sleep at night going..."damn, I have a 80K honda in my garage..." Penis envy pwns you!:bash:

stevenscamaross

SVT Pimp
Established Member
Bottom line, the supra kid got beat. Griffin did get about a car on him at the beginning, but that wouldn't have mattered sorry supa kid. I think he knows this and EVERYONE makes excuses when they lose. No one wants to be looked at as a loser especially when there is a videotape of it on the internet.

As far as making fun of his paintjob... WTF?? Isn't this a car forum for people that like to talk about FAST cars? His car is not rice (since when is a Supra rice) and he did not paint it like that to begin with... So why give him sh*t about it? I personally think it doesn't look that bad. :shrug:

I think it's cool to have other car owners come to this site and post, but when you totally trash their ride because it isn't a mustang, that's not cool at all.

Supra kid, nice ride. You did get beat, but put that t88 in and run him again. Welcome to the site. :burnout:

SoFlaNSX

Established Member
Originally posted by stevenscamaross
Bottom line, the supra kid got beat. Griffin did get about a car on him at the beginning, but that wouldn't have mattered sorry supa kid. I think he knows this and EVERYONE makes excuses when they lose. No one wants to be looked at as a loser especially when there is a videotape of it on the internet.

As far as making fun of his paintjob... WTF?? Isn't this a car forum for people that like to talk about FAST cars? His car is not rice (since when is a Supra rice) and he did not paint it like that to begin with... So why give him sh*t about it? I personally think it doesn't look that bad. :shrug:

I think it's cool to have other car owners come to this site and post, but when you totally trash their ride because it isn't a mustang, that's not cool at all.

Supra kid, nice ride. You did get beat, but put that t88 in and run him again. Welcome to the site. :burnout:

Good post. You give mustang owners a good name. The paint doesn't look all that bad in person but its gettin repainted...can't wait to see it when its finished!

SynMan5.0

Established Member
I didn't pay $30k more for my NSX.

That's great. I was comparing apples to apples. NEW NSXs are $30k more. I'm sure you can buy a used Z06 for a LOT less than what you paid for your glorified Honda.

Here let me fix that for you:
you and your Supra buddy come in here whining for 5 pages about how the race was "unfair." You made one excuse and wouldn't give in to the fact that the Cobra would've smoked him anyway. He were mislead by the Mustang driver. Boo hoo. It was a street race, deal with it. Why invade a Ford forum with page after page of excuse not excuses when all He has to do is make another video to shut everyone up? I personally don't see it happening anytime soon, but I'm really tired of the excuse and the whining. Drive your NSX, be happy. That's perfectly fine by me. Just don't expect to gain everyone's respect and understanding by making the same old ricer excuses over and over again. He lost. The end.

:loser:

Hey, stupid. You keep bragging about your excellent English skills but somehow you didn't notice that when I was saying "you" I was referring to you AND your Supra buddy. Re-read the first line.

Anyway, I'm wasting a lot of my time trying to talk sense into someone who has none. Earlier you talked about how Mustang owners think their cars rule all and are ignorant. All I've heard out of you for the past 4 pages is about how your NSX is SOOOOOO great and how you could smoke anybody on a road course and your car has this awesome chassis and this awesome motor and this and that... What are your times on a road course by the way? I keep hearing you quoting magazines and things posted on NSX websites, but I have yet to hear a time from you. I don't have much road course experience (mainly because there are none in Wyoming), but I have been to a couple smaller tracks in Colorado. You're so caught up in how "great" your car is that I think you've forgotten what this thread is even about. Someone said it best when they said, "The Supra lost. The end."

Last edited by a moderator:

SoFlaNSX

Established Member
That's great. I was comparing apples to apples. NEW NSXs are $30k more. I'm sure you can buy a used Z06 for a LOT less than what you paid for your glorified Honda.

Hey, stupid. You keep bragging about your excellent English skills but somehow you didn't notice that when I was saying "you" I was referring to you AND your Supra buddy. Re-read the first line.

Anyway, I'm wasting a lot of my time trying to talk sense into someone who has none. Earlier you talked about how Mustang owners think their cars rule all and are ignorant. All I've heard out of you for the past 4 pages is about how your NSX is SOOOOOO great and how you could smoke anybody on a road course and your car has this awesome chassis and this awesome motor and this and that... What are your times on a road course by the way? I keep hearing you quoting magazines and things posted on NSX websites, but I have yet to hear a time from you. I don't have much road course experience (mainly because there are none in Wyoming), but I have been to a couple smaller tracks in Colorado. You're so caught up in how "great" your car is that I think you've forgotten what this thread is even about. Someone said it best when they said, "The Supra lost. The end."

You love putting words in my mouth. For one, I never I could smoke anything. I believe my specific reference(s) were to a 348, 355, and a 360 around Nuremberg. You, on the other hand, have told me that "most mustangs will smoke my NSX around a road course" That is the most ignorant statement I've ever heard and everyone here that has 1/2 a brain knows it, but pride will prevent most from saying it. I know my car isn't hte best and i have said it many a time in this thread.

What point would it make posting up my times? You do realize every road course is different right? :rolleyes:

Black03WPB

Established Member
Eddie, are we going to have to put the smackdown on some Supras?

PM me over on TCH, Im game for racing with my weak ass 03.. should have the ported blower on too!

Supradedupra

Established Member
this afternoon i raced 03cobratech(dave) going down 595 towards university...

he ripped me a new one :) but it was fun.... is posting what boost i ran considered an excuse? (.89 bar)

dave said that he used to beat griffen until he got spray.... so i assume that i will lose to griffen but i guess we will still run again just for fun :)

i just got some new tires (havn't driven the car in a week since the metal started showing on the front)

the car is for sure going into the body shop saturday morning at 11 a.m.

until next time

SuperTrooper

Established Member
I don't know whether to call you ignorant or flat out stupid :shrug:

Whatever helps to inflate your damaged ego....man, I am all for it.
Remember, I don't have a 80K Honda in my garage. Hell, I guess this can go both ways! I don't know whether to call you ignorant or flat out stupid :shrug: :cryying:

:burn:

Oh well, Maybe next time you think a little harder about trying to be different and spend your money a bit wiser. :idea:

Users who are viewing this thread