To Supradedupra and SoFLANSX - Lets make a movie!

NBS4

BANNED!
Originally posted by SoFlaNSX

Now, is a 3600lb Supra and a 3600lb cobra a different story? Ya, but the Supra has a few advantages: A) from a roll, the turbo's spool harder than the supercharger B) I THINK the supra has a better Coeffecient drag (.28?) although, not without a bumper :rolleyes: and C) the supra has a smaller gearbox and better gearing for a top end run.

Cobra's T-56 Tranny Ratio's :

1st : 2.66
2nd : 1.78
3rd : 1.30
4th : 1.00
5th : .80
6th : .63

With Final Drive Ratio of 3.55

Max Speed in Gears with a 6500 Redline :

1st : 53
2nd : 79
3rd : 108
4th : 140
5th : 175
6th : 222

Supra 6spd Tranny ratio's .....

1st :3.38
2nd : 2.36
3rd : 1.69
4th : 1.31
5th : 1.00
6th : .79

Final Drive Ratio of 3.27

Max Speed in Gears with a 6800 Redline :

1st : 46
2nd : 66
3rd : 92
4th : 118
5th : 155
6th : 196

As everyone can see... The Supra does have closer ratio's but it's also lacking the thing that the cobra has an abundance of.. LOW END TORQUE. NSX... The Turbo's spool harder? Who ****ing cares if they spool harder.. See that 300lb Torque Advantage at 3000rpm.. That's the reason why we don't need shorter gears. :)

I admire your perseverance NSX but it's a futile attempt. I love the Supra's.. Personally think they're kickass. I'd be driving a Black 1998 with a T88 if i could have found one at a decent price but i'm not paying 40K+ for a used 1998 when i can get a brand new 04 for 35K.

BTW - While i was looking up info for the gear ratio's.. The Supra has a Drag Coefficient of .32

supra_1770_1604794

cobra2.jpg

Last edited:

SoFlaNSX

Established Member
Originally posted by NBS4
Cobra's T-56 Tranny Ratio's :

1st : 2.66
2nd : 1.78
3rd : 1.30
5th : .80
6th : .63

With Final Drive Ratio of 3.55

Max Speed in Gears with a 6500 Redline :

1st : 53
2nd : 79
3rd : 108
4th : 140
5th : 175
6th : 222

Supra 6spd Tranny ratio's .....

1st :3.38
2nd : 2.36
3rd : 1.69
4th : 1.31
5th : 1.00
6th : .79

Final Drive Ratio of 3.27

Max Speed in Gears with a 6800 Redline :

1st : 46
2nd : 66
3rd : 92
4th : 118
5th : 155
6th : 196

As everyone can see... The Supra does have closer ratio's but it's also lacking the thing that the cobra has an abundance of.. LOW END TORQUE. NSX... The Turbo's spool harder? Who ****ing cares if they spool harder.. See that 300lb Torque Advantage at 3000rpm.. That's the reason why we don't need shorter gears. :)

I admire your perseverance NSX but it's a futile attempt. I love the Supra's.. Personally think they're kickass. I'd be driving a Black 1998 with a T88 if i could have found one at a decent price but i'm not paying 40K+ for a used 1998 when i can get a brand new 04 for 35K.

BTW - While i was looking up info for the gear ratio's.. The Supra has a Drag Coefficient of .32

Good post...you learn something new everyday. I thought the cobra's were geared lower. The 99, 01/02 cobras are still geared shorter though right? I don't think they can take 2nd up to 79mph!! Thats pretty high! I can take my NSX up to 81 and I thought I had long gears!!!

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Just a side note...100rwhp advantage does not always mean you will win.

For example, a 2003 cobra runs a high 12, low 13 bone stock and makes around 400fwhp (not sure what exactly the truth was and what Ford says). A NA2 C32B NSX makes 290fwhp. Thats a difference of 110fwhp, yet, the NSX can run a 12.9-13.3 in the 1/4 mile.QUOTE]

COBRA HAS RWHP!.......none of that front wheel bullsheet :lol:

moridin2004

I took my own avatar pic
Established Member
Originally posted by 03graygt
Just a side note...100rwhp advantage does not always mean you will win.

For example, a 2003 cobra runs a high 12, low 13 bone stock and makes around 400fwhp (not sure what exactly the truth was and what Ford says). A NA2 C32B NSX makes 290fwhp. Thats a difference of 110fwhp, yet, the NSX can run a 12.9-13.3 in the 1/4 mile.QUOTE]

COBRA HAS RWHP!.......none of that front wheel bullsheet :lol:

I'm pretty sure he meant FLYWHEEL Horsepower, because that's the way they are rated from the factory.

I do know that the JDM NSX cars are geared much short and run through the quarter mile in the mid 12 to high 12 range w/o anything else. The same thing can probably be said for the Cobra though.

There are a few Cobra owners running 12.5s to 12.7s stock though. Depends on the driver.

As for front wheel BS. Just be careful, because there are a few quick front wheel drive cars out there :beer:

NBS4

BANNED!
Good post...you learn something new everyday. I thought the cobra's were geared lower. The 99, 01/02 cobras are still geared shorter though right? I don't think they can take 2nd up to 79mph!! Thats pretty high! I can take my NSX up to 81 and I thought I had long gears!!!

The 01 Cobra's Ratio's are

1st : 3.37
2nd : 1.99
3rd : 1.33
5th : .67

With a Final drive ratio of 3.27

Speed in Gears with a redline of 6800 rpm :

1st : 47
2nd : 80
3rd : 119
4th : 159
5th : 237

Most pre 03 Cobra's go with 4.10's or 4.56's because the stock gears are so tall.

PhatSVT

Established Member
Thought Supra's are suppose to have this wicked top end. Sorry, but from the video the Supra was racing. What a waste of my time. Piss slow Supra!

Last edited:

FaM

Established Member
supra owner,
You cant fathom the idea of losing (not good if you drive a supra against 03 cobras and expect to win every time) without whining, obviously below 100 in the i.q. dept, not lookin good pal. It may be time for you to just end your life, as your legend will live on just like the fast and the....whats that movie called again?

Last edited:

SoFlaNSX

Established Member
Originally posted by moridin2004
I'm pretty sure he meant FLYWHEEL Horsepower, because that's the way they are rated from the factory.

I do know that the JDM NSX cars are geared much short and run through the quarter mile in the mid 12 to high 12 range w/o anything else. The same thing can probably be said for the Cobra though.

There are a few Cobra owners running 12.5s to 12.7s stock though. Depends on the driver.

As for front wheel BS. Just be careful, because there are a few quick front wheel drive cars out there :beer:

Yes, the JDM NSXs do run 12.7s on occasion. There is a video of a Type-S running a Skyline R34GTR (and winning) on Temple of Vtec. 1/4 mile time was 12.8 I believe? Thats right there with the stock 03 cobra's. What you pay for in the NSX is the 'on rails' handling.

Thanks for clearing up the Flywheel horsepower issue. My first car was a mustang and through MM&FF and what not, I learned FWHP is factory flywheel and RWHP is rear. I said FWHP a few times on some ricer sites and they were bitchin about fwhp=front wheel :rolleyes:

It's amazing that this post started taking more of a constructive side (i learned the gear ratios and that supras aren't the top end gods everyone portrays them out to be and some of you learned that the NSXs aren't the 1/4 mile deadbeats you think they are) and then someone has to come on here and post:

Thought Supra's are suppose to have this wicked top end. Sorry, but from the video the Supra was racing. What a waste of my time. Piss slow Supra!

If thats the case, what does that make your stock 03 cobras? 95 & 00 Cobra Rs? Shit, N/A cobras???

Don't kid yourself, that supra is making over 400rwhp. That's pretty damn impressive.

As for the kids IQ, he's actually pretty smart (and a nice guy if you get to meet him). we were talkin the other day and he got accepted to Georgia Tech and is waiting to hear back from Harvard and MIT...not too shabby if you ask me...definetly more than a 100 in hte IQ field.

You guys need to give hte kid some slack. He's like 18 or something and paid for his OWN supra! Shit, what were most of you all driving when you were 18? And those of you that are going to show "Cobra" or "new GT" did you actually PAY for it yourself??

And before anyone starts anything, i'm 20 and paid for my NSX myself as well as my Xtreme.

Good day all.

DOHC32VMark8

Established Member
I just watched that vid, and even tho he might have gotten like a half car jump, he still smoked you fair and square, no amount of hitting it at the right time would have resulted in you wininng bro, blades or whosever car that is, woulda pulled on you hardcore no matter what. plain and simple he has a faster car, jesus why can't people just deal with it?? no matter what, chances are that there's always going to be someone faster than you. you lost. i have and everyone else here has. deal with it.

Last edited:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
He might be smart, but his internet personality sure doesn't reflect it.

Take no offence to anything I posted on this thread, it's all in fun & games, just picking on the kid…

Considering he is only 18, I do have to give him props on his car. I guess I understand why he is having a hard time accepting things, he is a youngling...hasn't learned how to let things blow over.

Sorry everyone told you that your car is the fastest in the world. Sadly it is not, you will lose to some cars. Just be happy that there are more cars out there that you can beat than there are cars that can beat you.

SoFlaNSX

Established Member
Originally posted by WireEater
He might be smart, but his internet personality sure doesn't reflect it.

Take no offence to anything I posted on this thread, it's all in fun & games, just picking on the kid…

Considering he is only 18, I do have to give him props on his car. I guess I understand why he is having a hard time accepting things, he is a youngling...hasn't learned how to let things blow over.

Sorry everyone told you that your car is the fastest in the world. Sadly it is not, you will lose to some cars. Just be happy that there are more cars out there that you can beat than there are cars that can beat you.

I explained that to him and he actually doesn't seem to mind losing, but he was told that the stang had 430rwhp which would have been a great race. I would be pretty pissed about that too.

It's like my buddy last night ran a lightning in his 94 RX-7. The lightning absolutely decimated him. When my friend asked what the lightning had, he said "It's bone stock" :rolleyes: Later we found out it had 640rwhp on juice.

I just wish people would be honest with what they had. And I can understand why the supra wanted a fair jump where both cars took off right...it wouldn't make him look all that bad. If you watch the video, the cobra gets a jump and then the supra stays pretty much right where the jump put him back to.

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Can someone rehost the vid?

Fwiw, I can't seem to find a supra or an nsx that'll run.:shrug:

SynMan5.0

Established Member
I just wish people would be honest with what they had. And I can understand why the supra wanted a fair jump where both cars took off right...it wouldn't make him look all that bad. If you watch the video, the cobra gets a jump and then the supra stays pretty much right where the jump put him back to.

Are you kidding me??? You better watch the video again bud. The Cobra gets a 1 car jump (at the VERY most) and pulls another 9 cars on the Supra. And since when do people have to be honest in a street race? I've had plenty of people pull stuff on me, but I give them props. Ever heard of a sleeper? Half the enjoyment is smoking someone in a fast car with a car that looks totally stock. Maybe if your friend had worried more about performance mods than putting sparkly paint on his car, he would have stood a chance against Griffin and you would have a legitiment arguement about the 1 car jump. But he didn't and it just doesn't matter that the Cobra got the jump because he absolutely destroyed that Supra. Jeez... If ricers would spend less time whining about street races and more time modding their cars, we might have something to worry about.

Supradedupra

Established Member
i really had nothing to do with the paint job... i bought it sight unseen, and in the pictures it was silver....

as for what it looks like now, another previous owner gift of air bags... that 2 weeks after i bought the car, broke and destroyed my exhaust and body kit.

For the past 3 months ive been saving for a paint job, and ive almost got enough...

as for modding my car... i made the mistake of spending my paint job money a month or two ago on a t-88 34 d... right now its just sitting there, and i still dont have a paint job

but it will all be fixed... nothing on that car can't be fixed. But lately it seems every time i try have it fixed, whether it is tohave a friend so fix it, or a shop... they usually **** something up.

Right now my traction control system and boost pressure gauge dont work because the guy that was working on my car put it back together wrong this after noon...

now it will take me about 20 min to fix this problem... but we fixed one problem and created another...

but each day i learn more than i did the day before...

making shots at my paint job doesn't bother me... i think it looks cool at night because it looks like the car is wet... if you see it in real life you would understand what i mean. Also, on full moons, the car seems to glow in this silverblue thats cool as hell. But, during the day i cant even look at the car... and the sparkles kill the whole car's look. But, since the body kit was destroyed, i have been contemplating what color i should redo the car in. Ive been tossing around every color out there....

specifically, cobra blue was at the top of my list... at towers... i spent about 5 min walking around griffen's cobra and video taping it because i'm sort of making a video slideshow of colors because pictures tend not to show what a color really looks like...

every day it changes...

but as for not putting on the bumper that ive had for a few months.... i don't want to mess it up... not to mention, it requires me to cut my front bar, and i would rather leave that to the body shop

as for running him again... we will... but im not sure when

as for racing... i have been driving gently and not racing anyone for the past week or so... tonight on the way home, on the highway in moderate traffic i pass a white harley davidson f-150. Im thinking... lightning inside... but i keep driving... next thing i know... i see his headlights coming up next to me... then he gets next to me, and i see his gf in the passenger seat looking at me.. so i hit the high boost and punch it... switch a few lanes to get out of traffic.. and gain a few lenghts.. then i hit traffic again.. and he weaves in and out and loses me... after that... i realized my heart was racing and i had adrenaline pumping through me....

the feeling was great :coolman:

oh well... until next time

SoFlaNSX

Established Member
Originally posted by svt46sc
ricers would spend less time whining about street races and more time modding their cars, we might have something to worry about.

Who the f*ck are you calling a ricer!?

cobra331

Established Member
Hey, suprade-whatever the f#*k

He pulled you HARD!! There is no way in hell you would've taken that car. If YOU would've started on the gas first, and the cobra hit his just like you did right after go time in your vid., you still would've got waxed. Let me guess: You spent a LOT of money on your car which has been labeled as "Exotic". You get smoked by good old FORD American Iron which is FAR from "Exotic". So now you must make excuses because you spent sooo much money AND your girlfriend witnessed the whole thing!! And let's face it, the whole reason you bought the car was to get laid, right? Sorry guy, just face the fact that you got waxed. I have quite a bit of money in my car, and I would consider it pretty fast for the street. I've lost too There are better drivers than me and people with more money than me. IT HAPPENS!! Deal with it and move on!!!

Users who are viewing this thread