Today sucks

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Wow, that's rough. At this point there is only 1 (actually 3) things you can do, bang her sister/best friend/mom.

All jokes aside, I'm really sorry to hear. How old are you? Did she give you any reason for it at all?

I hate to say it but almost all women are so insecure/evil that they wouldn't ever break off a relationship without having someone else lined up...

evolve

Established Member
Keep your head up! She did you a favor and gave you something we were born to have: freedom! Time to reset your goals and move forward. Start here:
1. Get a raise
2. Get in (better) shape
3. Travel!

Things will work out man. We are here for ya.

Nick01cobra

Established Member
Thank you guys. I love SVTP. You guys and girls always make me laugh. I am changing my goals. As far as getting in shape I am, but I could use an improvement. As far as age I am 37. I know I'm not young, but I don't think I'm old either. I believe that if I keep at it and stay focused I can bunch back and accomplish anything I put my mind to. Thanks again for the support. My first plan is to go back to Utah to be closer with family. If it works out . I hope I can find some members up there to hang out with and go for cruises with.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
As long as there are no kids involved, you can make a clean break and move on. For some people it sucks(for me divorce papers were the best present my wife had given me in 15 years), but if either of you are unhappy, the relationship is better off over. Good luck, there is someone out there that needed you to be freed from marriage.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
i filed for divorce after a shitty marriage....wound up broke on my moms couch for a while.
fast forward 2 years later, graduated college, bought a house, bought a terminator, and went on a deployment, that divorce was the best thing that happened.

keep your head up broseph, everything ends, you will get past this.

oldmodman

Established Member
Sorry to hear about this.

Keep your head up.

And keep your assets protected. Just do the usual. Cancel all credit cards that could ever be billed to you. Cancel any ATM cards to your accounts. Preferable, drain all accounts and put the cash somewhere safe.

File a fraud warning with all three credit agencies (this is free and does not require a reason).

Get an attorney that looks like a pit bull.

Park your cars in the garage. Keep garage locked.

You did change all the locks, didn't you?

slow06

Established Member
Sorry to hear that. I am going through a divorce. It is hard at first but it will eventually get better. Keep as busy as you can. I started working out to release aggression and to keep busy. Like another member said, might be another guy involved. My wife had someone lined up. Like Lobra said, "best thing that has ever happened to me". I sold my 03 cobra for her in 2012, so within 12 hours after telling her to get out, I went and bought my 13 5.0. If you ever need to vent or have questions let me know, I'll pm you my number if you want.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
And keep your assets protected. Just do the usual. Cancel all credit cards that could ever be billed to you. Cancel any ATM cards to your accounts.

Yes, and no.

Cancelling the credit cards will have a negative effect on his credit. He simply needs to call them up. If a joint account, he needs her name off the account. If its only his account(but she may have one if they sent two), he needs to simply have them send new cards with new numbers, and to a PO Box that he should be getting tomorrow.

Nick01cobra

Established Member
Like I said before. You guys are great. Thank you for the support. I hope I don't lose my Cobra or my Jeep. I know, be prepared for anything and trust no one. Are any of you in Southern California? Near Northridge by chance.

Nick01cobra

Established Member
Thank Ford Fanatic. I want a girl that is not too skinny, not too fat, likes the outdoors, non smoker, and most importantly has to like Fords and fast cars.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
at 37 I was dating a 24 year old Haitian/African American girl. dated her for over 2 years .. best time of my life. **** the "37 is old" bullshit. and the warning signs were there .. you just either ignored them or missed them altogether

Thank you guys. I love SVTP. You guys and girls always make me laugh. I am changing my goals. As far as getting in shape I am, but I could use an improvement. As far as age I am 37. I know I'm not young, but I don't think I'm old either. I believe that if I keep at it and stay focused I can bunch back and accomplish anything I put my mind to. Thanks again for the support. My first plan is to go back to Utah to be closer with family. If it works out . I hope I can find some members up there to hang out with and go for cruises with.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
My precious wife left me at year number 5. By then I was wondering who this psychotic asshole was I was living with? You are way better off with out this woman screwing up you're world, I know I was.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry to hear the bad news, but it's for the best. Or, YOUR best. You'll kick-start your new life and soon look back and be grateful it happened. Be careful not to rush into a new relationship, or at least a serious one. Give yourself some time to re-group and settle down your goals. In time, if you want another serious relationship the right person will come into your life. Baby steps at this point. I wish you the very best going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread