Top Gear Episode 1

leftlane86gt

Established Member
Am I the only one annoyed that American cars have been conspicuously absent on TG for the last few seasons?

It doesn't make a difference, they're just going to bash them anyway. I'm a Ford guy through and through but, when they hated all over the the ZR1 I knew it was time to stop watching. There is nothing we can build that will make them happy.

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member
LOL Jeremy was just poking fun at people that will react the way you do, he actually owns a ZR1 and a Ford GT. It's nothing to get butthurt over :lol1:

It doesn't make a difference, they're just going to bash them anyway. I'm a Ford guy through and through but, when they hated all over the the ZR1 I knew it was time to stop watching. There is nothing we can build that will make them happy.

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member

Didnt Clarkson like the ZR1, and love the Ford GT?

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
When you drive that many cars for a living, they're not going to think a Corvette is the greatest car they drive just because it's a ZR1.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
exactly! ill keep watching the show, its great fun and informational! what I like is that they don't hold back their real feelings, and if your getting upset over them bashing american cars you don't pay attention. plenty of episodes of them bashing european, japanese cars...hell they are annoyed their own country doesn't produce many home grown autos! I have a website i use to download all the episodes from top gear, fifth gear and so on! Top Gear America is coming back soon too. I am expecting to the ZL1 and 2013 GT500 on one of these shows in the near future.

and yea clarkson owns several american cars, the ford GT he got rid of recently i heard. Hammond is a huge american muscle car fan, one of his faves was the SRT-8 challenger

RYU583

HADOOOUKENNN
Established Member
Jeremy did buy a GT...yes

He loved the ZR1...until it broke down on him after that episode which he blogged

I don't think they really have to have many American cars since there is a home land version of this show....which is terrible.... but they do test cars bound for our market
Maybe since Ford said they were going to make "world cars"...we might see more fords that are nearly identical to ours.

Like devious stang mentioned above..... they bash on every car equally..

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Jeremy did buy a GT...yes

He loved the ZR1...until it broke down on him after that episode which he blogged

I don't think they really have to have many American cars since there is a home land version of this show....which is terrible.... but they do test cars bound for our market
Maybe since Ford said they were going to make "world cars"...we might see more fords that are nearly identical to ours.

Like devious stang mentioned above..... they bash on every car equally..

What was wrong with the ZR1?

sixt5

Established Member
ppl can bash but this is the greatest car show airing and we will still watch it. the american version is a joke.

fast and furious can get completely absurd but when options are limited, we do as we do.

Badasp5.0

Established Member
I hope they review the '13 GT500 and BOSS 302. I am always sad that they didn't review the Saleen S7TT.

I think its going to far to say the American one is terrible it still needs room to grow. I like it and hope that great interaction between the presenters starts happening because they are a bit wooden. Remember UK Top Gear has been going on since '77

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
I was hoping that you had a link to the very first episode ever broadcast.

Not just episode one of season whatever they are up to.

Users who are viewing this thread