Traded the Terminator....

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member
Traded the Terminator.... for a Chevy :/ LOL

bought this yesterday from a dealer in Mesa, AZ. has an indoor only showroom with a handful of corvettes. They gave me a deal i felt like i couldn't pass up. and threw in Borla S Type exhaust and custom x-pipe for free. installed it on the spot. no charge.

2007 Z06. Atomic Orange. 9K miles. car is stock except for the exhaust that was installed yesterday. also has clear bra on hood, front bumper, side mirrors, and a few other spots.

cool story about the wheels. The owner of the dealership had just bought Rutledge Wood's (from American version of Top Gear) Atomic Orange Z06, and had it there in the showroom. i wasn't overly happy with the stock z06 wheels, plus they were not in mint condition anymore. RW's car had these black wheels on it, and the dealer swapped them out for free and put them on my car. So I have Rutledge Wood's old Z06 wheels. (the last pic is RW's old car with the wheels still on it)

20130310_123022.jpg

IMG_20130310_110126.jpg

20130310_124122.jpg

20130310_124128.jpg

20130310_124034.jpg

20130310_124009.jpg

20130310_123956.jpg

20130310_124005.jpg

20130310_124023.jpg

20130310_124122.jpg

IMG_20130310_110025.jpg

IMG_20130310_121243.jpg

here is me in front of Rutledge Wood's Z06 before they swapped out these wheels onto my car.
20130310_093003.jpg

[youtube_browser]5GiaYl-sR1M&list=UUbpn6tuaT4u8FgWa_PLH_0Q&index=2[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]rv53X8DeCv4&list=UUbpn6tuaT4u8FgWa_PLH_0Q&index=1[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member
Very nice car man. I love that color on them. What are the plans for it?

for the next few months (or until it start getting used to the speed), no plans. but my next mod will be intake, then maybe headers. I'd really love to procharge it. the dealer i bought it from builds vettes too, and he said for roughly 10K he could supercharge it. he recommended a procharger. said a whipple would require a new/modified hood to fit. also vortech would fit just fine.

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member

Atomic orange Z's are pretty rare. Nice find!

Thanks guys. the dealer said the same thing about orange. he said that he tries hard to find them in orange, and that people will travel across the country for atomic orange. it's definitely my favorite color in the z06. luckily i only had to drive 2.5 hours to get it.

guy said to call him first if i ever decide to sell. that he could pay me top dollar if the condition of it was still good and he wouldn't have any problems reselling it.

Last edited:

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member
am i the only who thinks nothing is free at a dealership

for the most part I agree. but i don't know what he had in the z06. he is the owner and only salesman. he opened the dealership for me on sunday morning at 8am. (normally closed). and let me drive several of his z06's until we found one I liked best. offered me a solid amount for my Cobra (enough that i was satisfied, but he could still resell for a profit. higher trade offer than any other dealership in town by several thousand). gave me a 90 day bumper to bumper warranty. i bought an extended warranty with it, which i'm sure he profited some from (normally i think those are scams), and he said if i take the car anywhere else its a $100 deductible, but if i bring it to him for any repair, no deductible. he said this warranty won't void due to any mods, except cams or internal engine work (but even then he said they don't check up on that, and he wouldn't report that if i brought it back there). i just felt that it was a wise investment, because i probably couldn't afford a new motor or tranny for a z06 if something goes terribly wrong. also, if i ever want to cash out the warranty, i can at any time. its prorated on a monthly rate. its a 48 month 48,000 mile warranty. covers everything except normal wear and tear items.

let me clarify the exhaust. i told him i really like the sound of another Z06 he had there but didn't like the condition of the car. so he said, "i have a borla s-type in the back, i'll throw on your car right now". proceeded to call his head mechanic up, had him come down and put on the exhaust. before he was done he said. "i decided to put on one of our custom X-pipes for you, because if we are doing the exhaust it's going to be done right"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread