I was expecing a turbo beetle or frs lol

Sent from my office in the Bureau

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Sweet, another Orange Z owner!

1380 were made over the 3 year run of Atomic Orange.

Sweet car OP! The only thing I don't like about the '07's was the valve dropping issue.

The early run '07s (forget the exact build dates) were predisposed to rocker arm failure due to the end caps breaking and spilling their bearing guts all over the place. Nearly all model year C6Zs are possibly susceptible to the valve drop phenomenon, only problem is nobody knows how widespread the issue is or even what the root cause is. GM is pretty tight-lipped about it except for a couple of inter-department memos and PR statements their reps on cf have divulged.

New heads should fix any and all real or perceived issues, while adding top end strength and increased airflow! You can even resell your stockers on the forums for an easy $1-1.5k to recoup alot of the costs. I myself am going for PRC 265's.

Shhhh

Established Member
Nice upgrade but I wouldnt mention you have Mr.Woods old wheels. 99% sure hes never owned a Z06.
Looks good :beer:

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member

The early run '07s (forget the exact build dates) were predisposed to rocker arm failure due to the end caps breaking and spilling their bearing guts all over the place. Nearly all model year C6Zs are possibly susceptible to the valve drop phenomenon, only problem is nobody knows how widespread the issue is or even what the root cause is. GM is pretty tight-lipped about it except for a couple of inter-department memos and PR statements their reps on cf have divulged.

New heads should fix any and all real or perceived issues, while adding top end strength and increased airflow! You can even resell your stockers on the forums for an easy $1-1.5k to recoup alot of the costs. I myself am going for PRC 265's.

its a good thing i bought the extended warranty.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

A healthy heads/cam combo would be a must if/when I get a C6Z06. TF or AFR 245's. In AO would be nice!

Users who are viewing this thread