Traded the Terminator....

BlownAway03

Established Member
Now that's a trade we can accept. I did the same thing myself. Sorry but Jet stream blue is the best color though. My avatar says so. Lol.

TORQJNKY

Sweet, another Orange Z owner! The early run '07s (forget the exact build dates) were predisposed to rocker arm failure due to the end caps breaking and spilling their bearing guts all over the place. Nearly all model year C6Zs are possibly susceptible to the valve drop phenomenon, only problem is nobody knows how widespread the issue is or even what the root cause is. GM is pretty tight-lipped about it except for a couple of inter-department memos and PR statements their reps on cf have divulged.

New heads should fix any and all real or perceived issues, while adding top end strength and increased airflow! You can even resell your stockers on the forums for an easy $1-1.5k to recoup alot of the costs. I myself am going for PRC 265's.

for the next few months (or until it start getting used to the speed), no plans. but my next mod will be intake, then maybe headers. I'd really love to procharge it. the dealer i bought it from builds vettes too, and he said for roughly 10K he could supercharge it. he recommended a procharger. said a whipple would require a new/modified hood to fit. also vortech would fit just fine.

Don't ever pay $10K to supercharge that car! I found a low mile A&A Vortech V-3 with aftermarket radiator for $4K and installed it myself. It's no easy task but well worth the $6K you'll save IMO. My 08 Z06 made 650/600 at 7psi with that blower. JetmechF16 said it all. Just know all the weaknesses of that motor before you start modding. Enjoy! :beer:

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Nice pickup. No need for aftermarket heads. Mill/port the stockers, and upgrade the valve train, and any valve dropping concerns will be gone. The stock heads actually flow fantastic. Throw on a cam, long tubes, intake, throttle body, and you're 580+ to the tire, all natural.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Beautiful car. I would love a C6 Z06. Great trade!

Me, too! This one is gorgeous.

Absolute best color IMO and it only has 9K miles on it. Awesome find. Those wheels look really great with the Atomic Orange paint. I'd love to have this exact car. Want to sell? :lol1:

tommygun

Established Member
Great looking car.

Id do a cam/spring swap first. Headers dont offer any power increase for the almost 2k they cost to buy and put on lol... maybe..8hp

rcknrol

Established Member
Awesome car and color. Have a neighbor with one in the same color. Beautiful when you see them in person.

What's best about the Z06 is you really don't need to modify them unless you plan to race. More power than you can use on the street (legally).

colin450

Established Member
C6Z is easily still one of the best looking cars on the road.

cobracrazee

Established Member
I got the A&A YSI on my C5 Z and love the crazy power. But would have never done it if the engine wasn't done. The C5 Z had the valve problem too. Had a friend with 23k miles drop a valve. For your Z, like everyone said beef up the top end cam, vararam, exhaust, tune you going to put out great power. No need to change heads cuz they flow great. Enjoy the car, be safe. I'm glad we have Charlie at RPM and Andy at A&A to work on our Z's here in Cali

T.Man

Established Member
Very nice buy OP!

I've been in a few and was fortunate enough to drive my uncles cammed/bolt on 06 Z. Lots of fun :beer:

If I were you, I'd get in contact with the resident LSx tuner Nic D. and get that puppy tuned. No one better in the state for calibration needs.

kaz109

Established Member
Without adding cam or heads how much will a simple tune net a Z?

Users who are viewing this thread