Trilogy Equipped Marauders

-FiveO-

Cleaner of burned rubber.
Established Member
BillyGman said:
You see Greg, there you go again with the false accusations about me. I guess it's very difficult for a con man like yourself to actually understand how one of your competitors has numerous customers like me who simply cannot stop raving about their product, since you'll never have such Loyal customers yourself unless you give them kickbacks and pay them off.

And you obviously haven't any idea of what you're talking about concerning the Trilogy engine tune since the ignition timing advance that they run on our Marauders is NOT what you said that it was. I noticed that every time you claim what the ignition timing advance is on our Trilogy equipped cars, you state it to be something different. So it's also obvious that you simply are fishing around for the real answer to that question since you probably haven't found a good tune for your own engine yet, and you don't want to blow it up again on the dyno just like you did immediately after your supercharger kit was installed.

But while we're at these lies of yours, let me ask you this....if I'm working for Trilogy like you claim that I am, then why is it that I wasn't one of the first ones to have my Marauder Trilogy equipped? Why was I number 24? I'll tell you why, because until Trilogy kit number 20 or so was installed, I didn't even know much about Trilogy Motorsports nor about their supercharger kit.

And then I met guys from the Marauder board at the drag strip, and I was told stories confirmed by three different Marauder owners about how Jerry Barnes of Trilogy had his Trilogy equipped Marauder at the drag strip to meet all the Marauder owners who were there for the big meet, and not only did he race his car all day, but between races, he threw the keys to countless Marauder owners, and told them to take it up on the highway and do their worse to it. And I talked to a number of Marauder owners who were in that Trilogy equipped car who were pulled over on the highway that day, and the cop walked up to the car window and said..."This is the 8th or 9th time today that I've seen this same black car going 100+ MPH on this same stretch of highway!! Now if I see you guys in this car again, I'm gonna throw you all in jail!!! Now get outta here!!!!!........so much for your claims of our cars having a problem with "Heat soak".......

With the excellent and efficient intercooler that the Trilogy S/Cer kit comes with, I've never had a heat soak issue on the street nor on the track. Why would I? There's never any situation on the public streets when anyone would want to stay at full throttle for any more than 10 seconds at a time, and anymore than 12 or 13 seconds at a time at the dragstrip. And you usually have to wait atleast 10-20 minutes between drag races at the track anyway.

And I don't even ice down the intake at the track either, and my car does fine. So again, you have no idea of what you're talking about. Maybe if you and your buddy TMAC didn't blast Jerry Barnes on the Marauder board as well as us his customers, and claim that your kit is better, when it's actually made cheaper (notice that I said "cheaper" which has nothing to do with the price) then you wouldn't have made so many adversaries. And maybe if you would've been honest about your engine blowing up on the dyno instead of posting the dyno numbers for that run without mentioning that the engine blew up to obtain those numbers, then you would have some more people supporting you than you do. But I guess that honesty is something that you haven't learned to yield to yet. That's too bad.

Another great post BillyG.

:poke: to nkc. My guess is he'll be non existent til he comes to CF to beat me with his rebuilt bottom end and then lie about why he needed it.

:rockon: Trilogy or Reinhart Vortec'ed!!!! Take your pick! Just STAY AWAY from MARAUDERNKC and his HORRIBLY put together kit!

maraudernkc

:lol: :lol: :lol:

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
bigslim, I know that Pandes Performance had a kit and had heard that the fit and finish was not good. As far as there tune or what blower they were using, I can't answer that.

If I had mentionted the Procharger kit costing $1000.00 less than that is the straight up purchase price. If I mentioned $1500.00 diffrence I was calculating the Install.

Trilogy Install aprox $1000.00

Procharger Install $500.000

Sorry for the confusion and thank you for comming on this site where you can be uncivil and acting civil.

Congrats on your Trilogy kit.

bigslim said:
I just have one thing to say to you Maraudernkc. How can you say in one post that your kit is $1500 cheaper than the Trilogy and then post in the next post that your kit is $1000 cheaper? I have been in a ProCharger MM here in Michigan. We had a shop called Panda's that was doing Procharger kits. It did not have the bottom end torque that the Trilogy had and was very crude. It had a terrible whine. One thing I like about the Trilogy is it is invisible until you get on it. As you can see I have a Trilogy kit now that has just been installed. this is a kit that has impressed me since day one. I was given a ride even before it was offer to the customers. What took me so long to get one was money. As the saying goes, "if it sounds to good to be true it probably is." There is another one the say "You get what you pay for". I am not knocking your kit per-say because I have not been in one of cars. I have been in a ProCharged MM and it was not for me. Good luck with your kit. It is nice to have selection.

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
FiveO, I will be in Cedar Rapids but I sure won't be racing you. I race with people I call me friends and that would exclude you.

Do you want to talk about honesty?

When this Cedar Rapids meet was being planned we were all chatting back and forth and you wanted to race our cars and I said no problem. I sent you a PM telling you I had built a forged bottom end so I could run more boost. My goal is to get close to 600RWHP You took that PM that I sent you and posted it on MM.net and told everyone I blew my motor. The PM was no secret. I was just trying to disclose to you that I will have a few more mods.
That's the fair thing to do with someone your going to race.

I would not race you now if soemone paid me.

Dennis did not build my kit. Look at his kit and look at mine and tell me what is the same?

I will be driving my car to Cedar Rapids, IA.

I guess you will be trailering your beauty queen.

By the way, get used to Marauder/Procharger because your going to see alot more of them. :burn:

-FiveO- said:
Already added you to the IGNORE list.

LIAR!

Time to seek professional help Greg.

You have no idea what you've done to this "community".

You've lied to so many people its amazing...and it just continues. You are building your legacy as we speak....and its not good.

I'll see you in Cedar Falls...with your rebuilt bottom end. And if you win you can blame it on that....with the notion that you never ever came clean about why you had to rebuild it.

Be prepared to go 40-50 runs at WOT. I have...and I'm pegged at 13.5 PSI on my Lidio tune. She's running great!

If you win...I'll be honest and open about it... If I win...will you be? Sounds pretty typical of Trilogy vs. Procharger Marauder wise. Trilogy blows or does bad..we admit it. Procharger blows...its covered up and lied about.

Time to grow up. I'll be there. Should be interesting.

And 30,000 Procharger kits? Get over yourself....You've sold less than 5 in this HORRIBLE kit condition.

Dennis practically built that kit for you. And what does he get? ZERO. Typical....you idiot.

Moron.

You're an idiot in the supreme soup of things. Too bad you've been able to pull the wool over so many people's eyes.

The whole community will eventually know. Might take a few months...but it'll come. And you'll shrink away in shame. Probably move to a GM :-D :loser:

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
WE HAVE NO CORE CHARGES

-FiveO- said:
I can't even being to mention the idiocy of this post..but I'll try.

March 1st? 2 kits in almost 2 months! WOW! This kit was advertised and promoted by you so much that I'm surprised it was a WHOLE 2 KITS!!!!! :eek: :rollseyes :loser:

:poke: :poke: :eek: :loser: Ahh....Billy's burnout is all over the internet. Wake up idiot.

I would pay money to see a Marauder setup with the Procharger kit do the same thing. You'd better be ready to burn tires at Cedar Falls....if not...you're toast.

A boost gauge? OMG! A $40 part!!!! GEEZ.....!!!! Gimme a break. You originally posted this kit in the $3000 range....! All of a sudden its $5K.....with no gauge......AND you have to return CORE parts such as fuel injectors? All of a sudden...after being questioned...You no longer have to return those CORE parts?

Whats it gonna be Greg. Too bad you can't make up your mind.

Idiot on soooooo many levels. Cedar Falls here I come. I'll probably have to teach you how to pull up to the line! :p :loser:

Time to do some :read: Greg and learn to be honest and open with people.

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
BillyGman, Diablo has the stock Trilogy file and we know how much timing you run. It's no secret to us.

Billy, you know that I have said all along that Jerry Barnes has done a wonderful job with the Trilogy kit and all of his customers are happy.

That's not an easy thing to do with Marauder owners.

I enjoyed your video.

You guys quit attacking me for no reason on SVTperformance.com and I will quit defending myself.

I am not going to let you accuse me of sh## that's not true.

We could go on and on but what's the point?

DRIVE BOTH KITS BEFORE YOU BUY AND YOU DECIDE!

BillyGman said:
You see Greg, there you go again with the false accusations about me. I guess it's very difficult for a con man like yourself to actually understand how one of your competitors has numerous customers like me who simply cannot stop raving about their product, since you'll never have such Loyal customers yourself unless you give them kickbacks and pay them off.

And you obviously haven't any idea of what you're talking about concerning the Trilogy engine tune since the ignition timing advance that they run on our Marauders is NOT what you said that it was. I noticed that every time you claim what the ignition timing advance is on our Trilogy equipped cars, you state it to be something different. So it's also obvious that you simply are fishing around for the real answer to that question since you probably haven't found a good tune for your own engine yet, and you don't want to blow it up again on the dyno just like you did immediately after your supercharger kit was installed.

But while we're at these lies of yours, let me ask you this....if I'm working for Trilogy like you claim that I am, then why is it that I wasn't one of the first ones to have my Marauder Trilogy equipped? Why was I number 24? I'll tell you why, because until Trilogy kit number 20 or so was installed, I didn't even know much about Trilogy Motorsports nor about their supercharger kit.

And then I met guys from the Marauder board at the drag strip, and I was told stories confirmed by three different Marauder owners about how Jerry Barnes of Trilogy had his Trilogy equipped Marauder at the drag strip to meet all the Marauder owners who were there for the big meet, and not only did he race his car all day, but between races, he threw the keys to countless Marauder owners, and told them to take it up on the highway and do their worse to it. And I talked to a number of Marauder owners who were in that Trilogy equipped car who were pulled over on the highway that day, and the cop walked up to the car window and said..."This is the 8th or 9th time today that I've seen this same black car going 100+ MPH on this same stretch of highway!! Now if I see you guys in this car again, I'm gonna throw you all in jail!!! Now get outta here!!!!!........so much for your claims of our cars having a problem with "Heat soak".......

With the excellent and efficient intercooler that the Trilogy S/Cer kit comes with, I've never had a heat soak issue on the street nor on the track. Why would I? There's never any situation on the public streets when anyone would want to stay at full throttle for any more than 10 seconds at a time, and anymore than 12 or 13 seconds at a time at the dragstrip. And you usually have to wait atleast 10-20 minutes between drag races at the track anyway.

And I don't even ice down the intake at the track either, and my car does fine. So again, you have no idea of what you're talking about. Maybe if you and your buddy TMAC didn't blast Jerry Barnes on the Marauder board as well as us his customers, and claim that your kit is better, when it's actually made cheaper (notice that I said "cheaper" which has nothing to do with the price) then you wouldn't have made so many adversaries. And maybe if you would've been honest about your engine blowing up on the dyno instead of posting the dyno numbers for that run without mentioning that the engine blew up to obtain those numbers, then you would have some more people supporting you than you do. But I guess that honesty is something that you haven't learned to yield to yet. That's too bad.

Oh, and BTW, I find it laughable that you make comments about me doing burnouts with my supercharged Marauder. because the fact is, it also turns a 1.6 second 60 foot time, and a 4.90 second 330 foot time, along with a 12.0 second ET. What has your car turned? Oh that's right, your car hasn't even seen the drag strip yet since the engine was destroyed on the dyno. That's a terrible fate for the first hours of your prototype supercharged car. maybe if you invested the countless hours and dollars into engineering(if you even had any engineers I mean) and research & development that Trilogy Motorsports did BEFORE their first kit ever came out, then you would've avoided that dilemma. I don't wish that fate upon anyone including you, but at the same time, it reminds me of how you and TMAC blasted Jerry Barnes and hinted around that he was telling lies when he tried to explain to the both of you how much time his company put into R&D for their supercharger kit.

You both overlooked the importance of R & D, and you payed the price of that mistake with a destroyed engine.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
shew! Time will tell. The procharger kit is more of the threat to DR's kit since they are similar. It's all about what you want from your car boys! I've been in S/Ced cars before (OK not MMs, not alot around here) and knew what I wanted the car to do.

It's as simple as that.

I'm glad you (Maraudernkc) finally answer the question I was about to ask. "Did you blow up your engine or didnt you?" I see it as part of R&D. If you did say you did, what went wrong and what you did to correct the problem.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
-FiveO- said:
Can you say idiot?

Air to air....gimme a break. With all the hot air you guys are puffing...its amazing you can keep the engine cool.

Nice comeback Scrotum-O-! I can tell that your a really sharp guy! You might want to close the skin up because your illuminating intelligence and small testes are starting to show!

You have a blower that sit's integrated inside an engine that stablizes between 180-200 degrees, and have the smarts to bring up "hot air".

Once your coolant stabilizes @135 degrees, that is your AIT. This translates into the 10.5 degrees of timing that the Trilogy tune comes with. Is this a problem? No. I have heard of no Trilogy car's overheating. But this does translate in being able to run much less timing than a centrifugal blower setup of any manufacturer. This reduction in timing results in a loss of power that the kit would be able to produce if not for the AIT.

With a custom tune a couple more degrees of timing can be used, that's it unless an intake cooler setup is utilized! I am running 14 degrees of timing, down from 16 to be safe. Other centrifugal kits commonly run up to 19 degrees of timing, and the air to air kit is all hot air huh!

Since I am on your ignore list Scrotum-O-, I guess I am just talking to myself here. But if you feel so inclined to impress me more by slithering out of that waste water treatment sludge of your petty existence, feel free to keep the one liners coming!

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
BillyGman said:
His big and delicate ego is in the way for him to ever see the light.

BullyGoonMan, this is way too funny! Your going to preach to me about having an ego.....the man who posts 5,10,15,20 posts a day! Long blathering posts at that. Way to funny!

And yes the Trilogy kit does come with a tune that has 10.5 degrees of timing, and it is you who will not admit to it for some strange reason. I fail to see why not!

The timing has been verified by 1) a scan tool at a dealership 2) a recent custom tune session 3) Diablo has all the Trilogy tuning files from when a current Diablo employee was paid for months to work on tuning problems in the Trilogy tunes a couple of years ago. And Lidio states in the other forum that he only tried Pro M products for "a couple of days" and sent them back because he did not like them. I guess Santa Clause dropped all the files off to FL on his last run!

And Bully, when you respond to this, could you please keep the format 100 words or less, I frequently find myself falling asleep when reading your multi-paragraph posts. I mean, it is not really a bad quality you posess. I'm sure that in a setting like Fillabustering for the United States Senate or being an Ambassadore to the United Nations where you could speak without end and bring all of the civilized world to it's knees, people would simply adore you for it!

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
And for everyone else readings these posts, I will apologize in advance. I in no way mean to say that the Trilogy kit is not a good kit, but merely that it has it's faults, and it's strong points like plenty of low end TQ.

The Procharger kit also has it's faults (less low end TQ than a roots) and strengths like a lower AIT, ability to run a lot more timing, power that increases with the RPMs.

The difference's between roots and centrifugal blowers are well documented and known.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
TMAC, my posts are more for others than for you, because I know that you'll continue to go on skewd info, and your mind will not be changed anyway. According to what Lidio has told me the timing advance that both you and gregg have been stating concerning the Trilogy kits are just not accurate in the least. You state on here that it's 10.5 degrees, while you've recently stated on the Matauder board that it's something else, and neither of your claims are true according to what Lidio has told me. So either you're mistaking, or Lidio wasn't being honest with me, and Lidio has a spotless and honest track record as far as I know, so I haven't any reason to doubt him, nor did he have any reason not to be straight with me since him and I have always been on good terms.

It's difficult for anyone who knows some of the details about your dealings and about MarauderNCK's dealings to keep their posts short since it takes so much to unravel all of your babbling and skewed comments. Greg just indicated above in his post that Dennis Reinhart had nothing to do with the development of his supercharger kit, however just like it's customary for you and Greg to tell only part of the story, it's a fact that Late last year he started a thread on the Marauder board announcing to everyone that Dennnis Reinhart is designing the Marauder procharger kit for him.That was before dennis and him had a falling out, but by then the kit was already partially developed. So much for Maraudernck telling the whole story. But that's par for the course.

despite your insistence of knowing what the Trilogy kit's timing adjustments are, what you've failed to take into account is the level of boost that each customer's car is running. A number of Trilogy customers have gone with higher boost pressures than the standard Trilogy kit comes with (which is the 9.5 PSI that my car has) and the more boost, than the more difference there will be in the timing settings. But ofcourse being the know-it-all type that you come across as being, I'm sure that you would never admit that you haven't taken that into account even if you haven't. So perhaps we should end this exchange, uh?

Last edited:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
BillyGman said:
But ofcourse being the know-it-all type that you come across as being, I'm sure that you would never admit that you haven't taken that into account even if you haven't. So perhaps we should end this exchange, uh?

If I am the know it all type and you are Mr. open minded informative, why don't you take a ride down to your local dealership and ask them to use a scan tool data logger on your car. Look for yourself what your timing is. No need to report back, I already know the answer, at least in this one instance.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
If I am the know it all type and you are Mr. open minded informative, why don't you take a ride down to your local dealership and ask them to use a scan tool data logger on your car. Look for yourself what your timing is. No need to report back, I already know the answer, at least in this one instance.
Not that it matters much since it really wouldn't bother me even if the timing advance is what you claim it is (although I highly doubt it) but just out of curiosity and "open mindedness" do you know how much boost pressure and what pulley it was that's on the Trilogy equipped Marauder that you've "scanned"???

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
BillyGman said:
Not that it matters much since it really wouldn't bother me even if the timing advance is what you claim it is (although I highly doubt it) but just out of curiosity and "open mindedness" do you know how much boost pressure and what pulley it was that's on the Trilogy equipped Marauder that you've "scanned"???

Pulley that comes with the kit, 9.5, or the same with the upgrade pulley that produces 10.5, same tune. As far as boost, more boost creates more heat from compression, but you know that.

Last edited:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
Oh where Oh where is Scrotum-O-?

He should be crowning soon, ready to rear his ugly head!

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
And for everyone else readings these posts, I will apologize in advance. I in no way mean to say that the Trilogy kit is not a good kit, but merely that it has it's faults, and it's strong points like plenty of low end TQ.

The Procharger kit also has it's faults (less low end TQ than a roots) and strengths like a lower AIT, ability to run a lot more timing, power that increases with the RPMs.

The difference's between roots and centrifugal blowers are well documented and known.

If this is what you believe, why argue? Roots is the choice for low-mid range, and Centrifugal is for mid-high. If I'm happy with the way my car runs, why does it matter what my timing is? You can run more timing than me? Fine. I don't care. I'm happy with my car the way it is. My car looks factory when I lift the hood [which is what I wanted] and runs a 13.1 1/4 mile with 35lbs of air in the oem tires. I personally do not like that centrifugal "whistle" at idle. It annoys me. These are my choices. You don't have to agree.

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
You have a blower that sit's integrated inside an engine that stablizes between 180-200 degrees, and have the smarts to bring up "hot air".

Once your coolant stabilizes @135 degrees, that is your AIT. This translates into the 10.5 degrees of timing that the Trilogy tune comes with. Is this a problem? No. I have heard of no Trilogy car's overheating. But this does translate in being able to run much less timing than a centrifugal blower setup of any manufacturer. This reduction in timing results in a loss of power that the kit would be able to produce if not for the AIT.

Tim, I am not going to get wrapped up in the mele going on in this thread, I said my peace and refuse to get personal and stupid.
I just wanted to address something you mentioned in this post above. The coolant temp you are talking about, you are refering to my liquid cooled antifreeze for the intercooler? If this is the case, I just wanted to correct you. I monitor the coolant temps with a digital temp gauge. It reports two temps, firstly the coolant temp right out of the intercooler/supercharger, and also the coolant after it runs thru the coolant radiator. I detailed the install on MM.net if you search. It wasnt untill i did this did I realize that the liquid cooled intercooler was very efficient in design. I just wanted to inform you that the coolant temp has never recorded anywhere close to 135 degrees. May I ask how you arrived at this number? The hotest day I ran at the track was Norwalk last year, it was in the 90s. The warmest temp I registered was 127 degrees or so. That was the highest, in the cooler weather, up to 60 or so, the coolant temps usually run 5 degrees higher than ambiant temps outside, this is just normal driving. Beating on it, the temps run 15-20 degrees warmer than ambient. In the 70-90 degree range its only 10 degrees max more. Other than Norwalk, drag racing will yield a spike of 120 degrees, but even when hotlapping, by the time I get back to staging, it is down to well below 100 degrees, usually in the low 80-90 degree range. I hope this helps understanding the significance of the liquid cooled system, and that it doenst run that hot.
Thanks

vennom

99/03 hybrid
Established Member
what is the difference between a marauder motor and a cobra motor? Is there a reason why the trilogy wont fit on a 99? Just thinking out loud.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
vennom said:
what is the difference between a marauder motor and a cobra motor? Is there a reason why the trilogy wont fit on a 99? Just thinking out loud.
The Cobra engines have different mounting positions for atleast some of the accessories(the alternator being atleast one of them). the Cobra engine also places the intake sweep to the passenger side of the engine while the Marauder's intake speeps to the driver's side of the engine. So because of that you also have the battery mounted on the opposite side that the Marauder does.

I also believe that the Cobra engines have differnt camshafts than the Marauders do, as well as a different compression ratio and pistons than the Marauders do. The compression ratio of the marauder engine is 9.8:1

it's for these various reasons that it would be difficult for the Kenne belle S/cers that are intended for the Cobras to be installed on the Marauder. I know someone who did that on his marauder, but even he himself being a professional auto mechanic who also owns hos own speed shop had to fabricate special pieces, ad admitted to me himself that the installation was a big hassle to say the least.

So it would be the same way for you trying to install the Trilogy S/cer kit on your Cobra as far as I know.

Last edited:

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
Defyant, Thanks for your concern. If there is a story to tell it will be on another board.

Defyant said:
shew! Time will tell. The procharger kit is more of the threat to DR's kit since they are similar. It's all about what you want from your car boys! I've been in S/Ced cars before (OK not MMs, not alot around here) and knew what I wanted the car to do.

It's as simple as that.

I'm glad you (Maraudernkc) finally answer the question I was about to ask. "Did you blow up your engine or didnt you?" I see it as part of R&D. If you did say you did, what went wrong and what you did to correct the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread