Trilogy Equipped Marauders

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
Defyant said:
Help me out here. Save me the search... but did J. Barnes and DR or any other vendor give reports and updates during the design process?

This is an excellent point to make!

Us members here in FL and GA and more and more across the US are finding out all about DR, and it is not good! I won't even comment on his reputation, his credibility, or the number of screwed customers, how good his kits work, because we all know the answer.

JB has had his problems also. A current tuner at Diablo worked on the Trilogy tuning issue for 4 mos, and I heard an earful, but that is past tense and the future is now, the kit performs great! Why turn the dirt over?

Greg's problems are not as severe as has been stated. There is complicity by other parties in the matter. Posting a lot of that complicity on MM.net is not possible.

To come out and talk about damaged motors on the site at a time when the supercharger war was going strongly, would have been stupid in my opinion. As a businessman, Greg's only concern would have been to ensure that his customers received a quality working product with good tuning. And I helped him with that! Problems solved.

Greg should be given credit if anything for providing customers the option to supercharge using a kit that has excellent fit and finish, quality Diablo tuning, great HP and TQ, for a much less cost. And he even had to work through the schemings of SCT and DR to boot!

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
The correction took only a few minutes and did not require any additional parts. What Greg did not foresee was the incompetency of SCT tuners,

To be fair...
The "correction' [which affected the AIT] was made AFTER the car left SCT. Once the correction was made, the car went to Diablo.
The SCT tuner in KC obviously didn't know what he was doing.
What happened at SCT in Orlando concerning Dennis Reinhart was reprehensible, and I don't blame you for a minute for not taking your car back there.

Tim, you have been 100% honest and truthful in your account of your kit, and for that I give you all the credit in the world. :beer:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
tallboy said:
To be fair...
The "correction' [which affected the AIT] was made AFTER the car left SCT. Once the correction was made, the car went to Diablo.

I thought I covered this, but if it needs more......

That is correct, after being told by DR the kit would not work, intercooler useless and so on, I immediately called Greg and Carfixer. Greg shipped down a pyrometer to Carfixer. I drove to his house and a change to the kit was made within a few minutes by Mike the technician with Carfixer actually doing the wrenching. The car then went to Diablo.

And in between Carfixer's wrenching and going to Diablo I had to keep my mouth shut and the SCT tunes were all detonating. Thank God Diablo came through and SCT was no longer a concern. To keep eating off the table from the guy who tried to poison me was turning my stomach.

bigslim

Established Member
I wish we could just put all of this behind and move on. Five-O, I have met you and had a good dinner converstaion with you. You seem like a nice guy. do me a favor and please let it go. I have had girlfriends that have never told me everything about them. I don't keep asking them questions, I just let it go. Greg, good luck on your kit and I hope I helped you over at the 300C site. Thank you Tim for everthing you have shared with us. At first I thought you were very irritating but I see you are an alright guy that was just defending what appears to be good kit. I hope we can put this puppy to rest.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
maraudernkc said:
FiveO, You seem to be the only one with the problem around here.

Do you really think you know everything about Trilogy's first Days, Weeks and Months when they started the Marauder project? No way in hell.

Get a life and and quit bothering me.
I believe that the difference is that Trilogy Motorsports did NOT begin selling any S/Cer kits until they were well past the experimental and R&D process(which I believe lasted much longer than your so called "R&D" process did). And I also believe that the big question with your procharger kit is the Dyno numbers that you posted. Weren't they obtained on the same engine tune that ended up destroying your engine? But the problem with that question and potential answer is, that if you couldn't even be upfront and tell the truth about blowing your engine, then nobody is going to be very quick to believe you about the answer that you would offer for this question either.

The two possible causes of blowing a S/Ced engine are power levels that exceed the capabilities of the stock engine internals (which is NOT the case with the standard Trilogy kit nor with your procharger kit) or the presence of an overly aggressive engine tune which causes detonation (aka "pinging").

And since an overly aggressive engine tune would also result in more impressive dyno numbers (before the engine blows), then for you to have posted such numbers of a dyno run that was accomplished with an engine tune that shortly thereafter blew your engine(IF that was the case) without also mentioning the fact that your engine blew, would be dishonest and misleading on your part. But because you've tried your best to cover up the engine destruction incident, that will always raise suspicions about your dyno numbers. So you're making yourself out to be the victim here, when infact you're not.

Last edited:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
Billy, whatever Greg's dyno numbers were up in Kansas, I can tell you what the Dyno numbers in FL on Diablo's dyno were..

My Car 462 RWHP 420 RWTQ

I looked at the numbers on the computer screen, and print out, along with 4 other members of the Sunshine State Marauders, one of which has a Trilogy Kit.

Those numbers were obtained using a conservative tune running 14 degrees of timing with a 370 pulley.

Tom, MarauderTJA, had numbers of 475 RWHP and I believe over 430 RWTQ running 14 degrees of timing and a 360 pulley. The 360 pulley produces between 10-12 PSI on a Procharger kit. The 370 between 8-10.

And Greg never sent the kit out without it being completed. I knew the kit had not been completed and agreed to assist in the tuning portion at SCT in Orlando, or to assist in modifications if any became apparent as a result of tuning.

My kit does not count.

I posted about this. I also helped at Diablo using my car when SCT did not work out. The only change done to the kit was done on my car by Carfixer. The second kit, Tom's, and every successive kit, has that change. Tom's kit was close on my heels but his car has the change none-the-less. The kit and tune are perfect.

As far as having a tune that detonated or "pinged", the only ones that have done that were from SCT! I tried several different SCT files emailed to me, all detonated depending on how hard I ran it. Don't get me wrong, my car had a lot of power, but nothing like it does now. I am running 4 more degrees of timing with Diablo, and more with a new updated tune I have now. No detonation using diablo.

I held out and kept my mouth shut, thinking SCT would correct the tunes, but that never happened. They wanted me to leave the car off in Orlando again. If what happened to me happened to you, would you? I let them have it for 4 days, and spent $$$ on a rental, I was not going to do it twice. Diablo tuned it right the first time, no problem.

It was very apparent that after 4 days with my car, SCT main office could not get the tune right, and the solution was to take all the timing out down to 10, which resulted in a big loss of power! I tried using these tunes after the modification to the kit done by Carfixer and they still detonated, so that was not it either.

Last edited:

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
Billy, great to hear from you again. It was kind of boring witout you.

About my Dyno:

The Dyno for my car that I posted was around 455RWHP. That was with a base SCT S/C file that was leaned out some by MC Racing. The base file was way rich. They got it to about 11.5/1 ratio.

I then went to another tuner that has a load bearing Dyno. This is much better for tuning purposes. This is when the SCT tuner modified my file and damaged my car. I still have that file and the timing is off the chart. The reason for the damage was due to a incorrect timing table. It only takes one click of the mouse and you can be history.

Billy, anyone that has bought one of our kits knows these facts.

The first kit I sold was to Tmac and that was reduced in price and a guarnteed sale. We had not obtained a safe tune at that point and Tmac knew this. He had 30 Days from after the car was tuned properly to return the kit for a 100% refund. Tmac put 50% down. He had full knowledge of the past and present of the kit. No one was wronged and he loves his Procharger kit.

Neither Tmac nor myself ever would have thought that when his car was at SCT that Dennis would be in the car and we would have a crap tune.

There is nothing wrong with the SCT software. It's the tuner in who's hand the software is in that matters.

We now have a great tune and tuner with Diablo and it all worked out for the best.

:pop:

BillyGman said:
I believe that the difference is that Trilogy Motorsports did NOT begin selling any S/Cer kits until they were well past the experimental and R&D process(which I believe lasted much longer than your so called "R&D" process did). And I also believe that the big question with your procharger kit is the Dyno numbers that you posted. Weren't they obtained on the same engine tune that ended up destroying your engine? But the problem with that question and potential answer is, that if you couldn't even be upfront and tell the truth about blowing your engine, then nobody is going to be very quick to believe you about the answer that you would offer for this question either.

Well say what you want about the Dyno numbers but Drag racing season is upon us and you will see timeslips very soon.

Have a nice Day!

The two possible causes of blowing a S/Ced engine are power levels that exceed the capabilities of the stock engine internals (which is NOT the case with the standard Trilogy kit nor with your procharger kit) or the presence of an overly aggressive engine tune which causes detonation (aka "pinging").

And since an overly aggressive engine tune would also result in more impressive dyno numbers (before the engine blows), then for you to have posted such numbers of a dyno run that was accomplished with an engine tune that shortly thereafter blew your engine(IF that was the case) without also mentioning the fact that your engine blew, would be dishonest and misleading on your part. But because you've tried your best to cover up the engine destruction incident, that will always raise suspicions about your dyno numbers. So you're making yourself out to be the victim here, when infact you're not.

Last edited:

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
tallboy said:
[And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...]

Trilogy is now at 85 kits sold! WOOHOO!! :pepper:

Do we know new buyers or are they anonamous (sp?)

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
tallboy said:
[And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...]

Trilogy is now at 85 kits sold! WOOHOO!! :pepper:
"Regularly schedueled programming" indeed....since this thread WAS about "Trilogy Equipped Marauders", yeah, that's interesting to hear that Trilogy is up to Marauder supercharger customer #85. That's one thing that made me feel very comfortable and confident about purchasing a Trilogy supercharger set-up for my car (the fact that they had previously sold so many supercharger kits for Marauders I mean).

And I had spoken with so many of their customers over the telephone too, in addition to meeting one of them at the drag strip. I grilled everyone of them with questions, and all of them were very satisfied. And after buying the kit and installing it on my Marauder, I fully understood why they were.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
BillyGman said:
"Regularly schedueled programming" indeed....since this thread WAS about "Trilogy Equipped Marauders", yeah, that's interesting to hear that Trilogy is up to Marauder supercharger customer #85. That's one thing that made me feel very comfortable and confident about purchasing a Trilogy supercharger set-up for my car (the fact that they had previously sold so many supercharger kits for Marauders I mean).

And I had spoken with so many of their customers over the telephone too, in addition to meeting one of them at the drag strip. I grilled everyone of them with questions, and all of them were very satisfied. And after buying the kit and installing it on my Marauder, I fully understood why they were.
You got that right, Billy. I was kit #54, and between reading all your posts and talking to carfixer it was a no-brainer. I am SO glad I got the Trilogy FIRST! :burnout:

wildbill

Established Member
You Gotta Be Kidding

Hey there guys. Two weekends #75 got installed. This is a whole new car. I mean whoooooooaaaaahhhh!! :coolman: The install was dome by my bro-inlaw and myself in his garage in NY and too the weekend to do. About 23 hours total. I had a start problem and we diagnosed the chip as the problem, actually the connection as the problem. Removing it a reinserting it was all it took. What a scare. He was eaqually impressed with the power and the kit as a whole. He is a shop foreman @ a Ford dealership and has a 69 Roadrunner for his giggles. It was a great learning experience seeing and doing a lot of the install myself. Slowly all those pieces were disappearing. Anyway.....now on to the next inversment. Where does one start to look for a K&N air charger/filter for my Marauder?? Is there any one better place than another?? Lastly, how long does it take to get the shirt? It's been well over a week or so.. I've been reading the banter re:procharger and Trilogy. Centrifugal vs Roots. I have nothing to compare my Trilogy to, but I was given a FCSD Technical Training Interactive Study Guide for the 2002 Harley Davidson F-150 and it is comforting to see many of the same parts there that we have here. I believe that Trilogy has a great product that will be reliable for a long time. One last thing, before the 75&80 track closes this summer I plan on taking a run or two to actually see/feel what this bitch can do in a qtr mile that is timed. Seriously, input re: the K&N would be appreciated........Enjoy :beer:

bigslim

Established Member
Cograts on your install. I am right there with you being number 73. You can contact Lidio at Alternative AutoPerformance about the K&N. I think you will need a chip reflash with the K&N install. I did the Trilogy install and then went to Lidio to have my K&N installed and a dyno and tweeking. It gave me another 20hp with the K&N. It also gave me almost an extra pound of boost. Goog luck with you new found power.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
wildbill said:
Hey there guys. Two weekends #75 got installed. This is a whole new car. I mean whoooooooaaaaahhhh!! :coolman: The install was dome by my bro-inlaw and myself in his garage in NY and too the weekend to do. About 23 hours total. I had a start problem and we diagnosed the chip as the problem, actually the connection as the problem. Removing it a reinserting it was all it took. What a scare. He was eaqually impressed with the power and the kit as a whole. He is a shop foreman @ a Ford dealership and has a 69 Roadrunner for his giggles. It was a great learning experience seeing and doing a lot of the install myself. Slowly all those pieces were disappearing. Anyway.....now on to the next inversment. Where does one start to look for a K&N air charger/filter for my Marauder?? Is there any one better place than another?? Lastly, how long does it take to get the shirt? It's been well over a week or so.. I've been reading the banter re:procharger and Trilogy. Centrifugal vs Roots. I have nothing to compare my Trilogy to, but I was given a FCSD Technical Training Interactive Study Guide for the 2002 Harley Davidson F-150 and it is comforting to see many of the same parts there that we have here. I believe that Trilogy has a great product that will be reliable for a long time. One last thing, before the 75&80 track closes this summer I plan on taking a run or two to actually see/feel what this bitch can do in a qtr mile that is timed. Seriously, input re: the K&N would be appreciated........Enjoy :beer:

Congratulations on the install, Wildbill! I'm putting a K&N on my car shortly, I'll let you know what I find. It's supposed to be good for another 1/2 to 1lb. of boost. I'll let you know... :beer:

wildbill

Established Member
K&N Info

Tallboy, Keepme posted re: the K&N. It seems to me that I have gone this far, why not a little farther. Where is there a website to check out ones options for them? Any info would be appreciated. Does a new chip from Trilogy need to be obtained for the K&N? Just having some rambling thoughts. Keep me posted. Congrats on yours.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
wildbill said:
Tallboy, Keepme posted re: the K&N. It seems to me that I have gone this far, why not a little farther. Where is there a website to check out ones options for them? Any info would be appreciated. Does a new chip from Trilogy need to be obtained for the K&N? Just having some rambling thoughts. Keep me posted. Congrats on yours.

Wildbill, Carfixer installed the K&N today. It took my car from 9.5 psi to 10 psi. The car pulls harder off the line and in low speed accelerating conditions. You don't need to step as hard on the go-pedal to get the same amount of boost. The fit, finish, and appearance are all top-notch. You can tell they did their homework on this kit. I spoke to Lidio and he said a re-tune is not needed. I have no detonation/pinging whatsoever. This is my second performance mod and I'm very happy with it. Worth every nickel.

Their website is www.knfilters.com and the part # for our cars is 63-1111.
I got mine from Summit Racing at www.summitracing.com

wildbill

Established Member
Thanks Tallboy

It sounds like this will be a purchase in the near future for me. You said that Carfixer installed it. Is it very hard to install? I am assuming that you remove the existing filter box and air flow tube to the throttle body and attach the new one, with a bracket for securing it. The increase in boost was automatic, correct? I mean that is what it is now. Easier air flow, so you get more of it. Right?? I feel that since I have gone this far (with the supercharger) what the hell is the difference with an air charger. That is small potatoes by comparison. Congrats on yours. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread