Turbo 5.0s?

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Curious to see some turbo 5.0 setups, if you could just post kit used, supporting mods, times / dyno and thoughts vs going nitrous or a blower route.

stang910

Established Member
I had the 67mm hellion on my car and although I didn't have any fitment issues like everyone complains about I didn't care for the kit at all. It never made the power I was looking for. The torque was nice, but power dropped off around 6000rpm and made the car feel slow. I had plans to upgrade to the 76mm turbo, but decided against it. The exhaust sounded really bad and with the turbo mounted to the frame rail it vibrated the passenger compartment. Poorly designed kit IMO.

I've got a Paxton now and it's awesome! My setup now would pull bus lengths on the way my car was setup with the turbo, it has plenty of torque and it pulls hard all the way to the rev limiter. Wouldn't trade it for any other FI setup. The only thing to really complain about is how tight piping is which isn't horrible.

mike5876

Established Member
I had the single kit on my 2011 GT. it made good power and fit was really good
Have the new twin turbo kit on my 2013 GHIG boss....2-62 mm ball bearing turbos.....wow...this car is crazy fast...799 RWHP @12 lbs..it fit perfectly...not one part trimmed or cut.....turbos are up top...I like being able to see them better than the single kit in the bumper

2011redcandy

Established Member
Lookup twinturbo50.com and you'll see the best kit available

Hell yea and the ONLY TRACK PROVEN kit on the market!

I put down 720rwhp on 10# ran 10s at the track....then drove home 1100 miles from Power By The Hour in West Palm Beach in 97* temps all within 72 hours.

Last edited:

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
I had the 67mm hellion on my car and although I didn't have any fitment issues like everyone complains about I didn't care for the kit at all. It never made the power I was looking for. The torque was nice, but power dropped off around 6000rpm and made the car feel slow. I had plans to upgrade to the 76mm turbo, but decided against it. The exhaust sounded really bad and with the turbo mounted to the frame rail it vibrated the passenger compartment. Poorly designed kit IMO.

I've got a Paxton now and it's awesome! My setup now would pull bus lengths on the way my car was setup with the turbo, it has plenty of torque and it pulls hard all the way to the rev limiter. Wouldn't trade it for any other FI setup. The only thing to really complain about is how tight piping is which isn't horrible.

Kind of counterdicts what your claiming.

Kwik03DSG

Established Member
Kind of counterdicts what your claiming.
The turbo kit fit well. No piping issues, unexpected clearancing needed, no hacking.

But he doesn't like the sound of the exhaust and the turbo-in-bumper placement looks like ass (to him)...

His post looks legit to me. Don't know what you're getting at...

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
You could always go with some Nitrous till you decide on a turbo kit.

In my auto car, I have a converter set up for a turbo setup (coming in the future) and a Direct Port Setup, and I run Mid 10's for ALOT cheaper than most turbo kits.

Chris

Bud

Established Member
You could always go with some Nitrous till you decide on a turbo kit.

In my auto car, I have a converter set up for a turbo setup (coming in the future) and a Direct Port Setup, and I run Mid 10's for ALOT cheaper than most turbo kits.

Chris

What did you go with for converter/stall and what are your turbo plans. I've got no clue what stall to go with when my twin 60 kit goes on. I've read turbos like a tight converter, but with these can we run a big stall to get off the line quick then lock it up say in 2nd early to load the turbo and keep it from blowing through it?

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
We have installed many of the Single Hellion kits. Street driven every day down here as well as the rest of the country. When installed properly, they work just fine and see over 600rwhp at 10psi.

Here is a link to a customer who bought a single kit with 76 and 46mm wastegate and a mail order tune from us. Besides some suspension and a nice tire set up, added a BAP and 80lb injector as well.

where owner posted up time slip on this website:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...1-mustang-gt-track-times-12.html#post11866797
POST #205

^ customer is in the middle of swapping to a twin system. Currently working with new owner of this system and will have new times and information up soon as well.

One of our local customers bought the basic 67mm Hellion kit, installed himself and brought to us to dyno tune. Made over 6 on 11psi. Daily driven with 15degrees of timing and a A/F of 11.4. 2011 GT manual, Basic bought Hellion single system with BAP, 52lb injector, stock motor, stock trans, stock 3.73 rear end. Just a BBR LCA, no cats, Roush Axle Back and M/T DR's. For summer Florida weather, I am very impressed. Also driven daily.

Here is his latest time slip:

We have also done 3 twin turbo Hellion systems so far and tuned 12 in the past month with mail order tunes. In the middle of tuning a 2012 BOSS LS with this system now on 9-10lbs of boost (91 octane and off road x & cat-back) we have already seen over 840+rwhp.

We have a built 2011 5.0 auto with this system that we are finishing up and will be at the track shortly with it. Here are some pictures of the install we are doing now. I will be making a thread on start to finish of the build once its complete

Last edited by a moderator:

faztcobra

Established Member
We have installed many of the Single Hellion kits. Street driven every day down here as well as the rest of the country. When installed properly, they work just fine and see over 600rwhp at 10psi.
I just hope the customer service has improved in regards to the folks who have had problems installing their own kits and that their personal information isn't brought into the forums. I don't care how well a part works if my personal business is going to end up on net via a vendor.

n2o

Established Member
I have a Hellion single 76 on the way for my '13, now just have to get the car so I know what my computer code is....

2011redcandy

Established Member

Here is a link to a customer who bought a single kit with 76 and 46mm wastegate and a mail order tune from us. Besides some suspension and a nice tire set up, added a BAP and 80lb injector as well.

where owner posted up time slip on this website:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...1-mustang-gt-track-times-12.html#post11866797
POST #205

^ customer is in the middle of swapping to a twin system. Currently working with new owner of this system and will have new times and information up soon as well.

One of our local customers bought the basic 67mm Hellion kit, installed himself and brought to us to dyno tune. Made over 6 on 11psi. Daily driven with 15degrees of timing and a A/F of 11.4. 2011 GT manual, Basic bought Hellion single system with BAP, 52lb injector, stock motor, stock trans, stock 3.73 rear end. Just a BBR LCA, no cats, Roush Axle Back and M/T DR's. For summer Florida weather, I am very impressed. Also driven daily.

I call BULLSHIT. The single kit is garbage. The car that went 10.5s had a highly modified kit that UPR had to send to JDM to make it run right. Want proof?

Here it is http://www.teamjdmvideo.com/video/detail/221
Fast forward to about 3:00

I believe JDM also stated they would never work with one of these kit again, because they are crap.

This is just one of many cases where the kit has not run properly.

Oh and is the other "daily driven" single turbo hellion car you are referring to the one that was sitting at PBH last month with a blown motor?

I dont understand why you cant just be real with people? Instead you keep pushing those crap kits. Hellion isnt much better, they know they should not be selling them. You have lost all respect as a company from another major forum (S197), and I hope people here will soon realize what you are doing as well.

Last edited:

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
I had the single kit on my 2011 GT. it made good power and fit was really good
Have the new twin turbo kit on my 2013 GHIG boss....2-62 mm ball bearing turbos.....wow...this car is crazy fast...799 RWHP @12 lbs..it fit perfectly...not one part trimmed or cut.....turbos are up top...I like being able to see them better than the single kit in the bumper

799rwhp@12lb!? I amimpressed:thumbup:

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
I call BULLSHIT. The single kit is garbage. The car that went 10.5s had a highly modified kit that UPR had to send to JDM to make it run right. Want proof?

Here it is JDM Engineering

I believe JDM also stated they would never work with one of these kit again, because they are crap.

Oh and is the other "daily driven" single turbo hellion car you are referring to the one that was sitting at PBH last month with a blown motor?

I dont understand why you cant just be real with people? Instead you keep pushing those crap kits. Hellion isnt much better, they know they should not be selling them. You have lost all respect as a company from another major forum (S197), and I hope people here will soon realize what you are doing as well.

I'm pretty sure he just said the kit works great when installed properly.
And after you change the turbo and wastegate :)

Last edited:

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
I wouldn't consider anything besides TwinTurbo50, Lund/Bjonnes, for twins or CPR Street Machines for a single. After talking with Dustin in detail on here seeing he is very knowledgeable, has incredible skill, and attention to detail.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
the link posted above is not UPR's but a forum member on here. If you click on the link and go to the post, you will see.

The other person drives it every and does not post on forums. He is actually buying new front runners to go back to his track (gulf coast).

Do not turn this into a swearing / bashing thread, All I did was post information as the OP requested on turbo systems. I would be more then happy to explain in depth on each system if you or anyone chooses too or even call Hellion.If you do not believe the person listed about ran those times, feel free to PM him. Thank you for your questions

Last edited by a moderator:

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member

Here it is JDM Engineering

CAUTION:

This forum contains an excessive amount of supporting vendor nut swingers.

mike5876

Established Member
I don't have any personal gain coming to me from Hellion.....but I've had 3 hellion kits on 3 separate cars and I've had nothing but good to say...I'm not a vendor..just a satisfied customer.....their stuff has worked very well for me...customer service first class..and all 3 of my kits have fit perfectly...

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread