Turbo 5.0s?

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
I don't have any personal gain coming to me from Hellion.....but I've had 3 hellion kits on 3 separate cars and I've had nothing but good to say...I'm not a vendor..just a satisfied customer.....their stuff has worked very well for me...customer service first class..and all 3 of my kits have fit perfectly...

Mike

No one doubts how well the kits worked on previous cars. Just the single kit they have for the 5.0. Not one person who has the kit with the stock parts on can make it work great for them at anything beside dyno numbers. That is why in all of the videos you see with hellion single kits on running great times at the track have all been modified. Most of the time its turbo, wastegate, and some piping that gets changed out. I was all about going with the hellion single until i talked with at least 4 people that had the kit and all of them had problems. They made great power on like 6-8lbs of boost but anymore than that the kit started showing the problems with back pressure and valve float apparently. I went with the paxton kit and i'm extremely happy. If the Lund racing tt kit was around i would of probably picked that up but at the time it wasnt ready.

chris1badL

Established Member
Here is my 67mm single hellion kit dyno sheet. Only mods are the turbo and gt500 mufflers. I havent had it at the track yet. It rains every friday here for some reason... Friday I will try again if the weather is good.

img104to.jpg

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
I had the single kit on my 2011 GT. it made good power and fit was really good
Have the new twin turbo kit on my 2013 GHIG boss....2-62 mm ball bearing turbos.....wow...this car is crazy fast...799 RWHP @12 lbs..it fit perfectly...not one part trimmed or cut.....turbos are up top...I like being able to see them better than the single kit in the bumper

any pics? What exhaust? What fuel mods?

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
And FYI guys, A turbo kit only goes one way. Can't really see how you install it improperly. You can't bolt things in different places.

stang910

Established Member
Here is my 67mm single hellion kit dyno sheet. Only mods are the turbo and gt500 mufflers. I havent had it at the track yet. It rains every friday here for some reason... Friday I will try again if the weather is good.

img104to.jpg

I hope it works out well for you and wish you luck, but like i was saying in my previous post the power started to drop around 6000rpm. In your graph the peak HP is around 5800 and it starts falling off just past 6000 just like I mentioned. If your car was taken to 7200 rpm or even 7500 it would show just how much unuseable rpm you have. If you turn the boost up it'll make more power, but it will just do it sooner and will fall off sooner. I hated the powerband and it just makes things worse to turn the boost up.

sncbluegt

Established Member

img104to.jpg

No offense man but that is weak compared to the competition. I'm really glad that your happy with it though....not many are...especially of a certain twin kit in the rockies.

chris1badL

Established Member
No offense man but that is weak compared to the competition. I'm really glad that your happy with it though....not many are...especially of a certain twin kit in the rockies.

You are absolutely right man. Actually I am to a little disappointed in it. I bought the kit used and wanted to try something different. Never owned a Turbo car.

chao5.0

Established Member

mike5876

Established Member
Define perfect. This is your old car with marks on the down pipe from the tires rubbing it. And you said I was trying to slight the system.....

hellionkitforsale003.jpg

Never tried to slight your system.....don't even know who you are!

When I owned the car it never rubbed! Not sure what the next guy did!

CPRsm

Just saw this thread and realized it's my old car..not from Cali! I bought it in Michigan, and it was one of the first 2011 kits installed at Hellion.* When I owned the kit it was awesome, and I seriously have no complaints.* I sold the car to Dave at Motiva so he could learn how to tune the 2011, and I moved to Florida.* Motiva used to dyno cars for Hellion, and when Hellion stopped going to Motiva for dyno use, Dave sent the car to this shop in San Diego, and obviously CPr and Dave are looking to slight the system.

So all in all, this kit was great when I owned it, and I would recommend it to any one.* If you have any questions you can PM me.

Mike
Remember now? Guess you forgot who bought your car,too?

YLYCYOT

Turbo Taxed
Established Member
I call BULLSHIT.

This was my kit and it was not modified by UPR. Actually Ken Bjonnes tuned on this kit when the previous owner had it. Im not a bullshitter nor do I make up fake timeslips. The car went consistant 10.80's on 8.x lbs. That is what the car ran when I turned it up to 10.x pounds. I made that run only and the track told me to slow it down. Im not saying the kit is perfect cause it does have its down falls. On the other hand it does make a little power and was alot of fun while I owned it.

Im now waiting for my new kit.. Im on the list!!

mike5876

Established Member
Remember now? Guess you forgot who bought your car,too?

Wow. Are you looking for attention this badly?? Are you that much of a toolbag?
Can you not read what I wrote???

I said my 2011 was one of the first Hellion single turbo cars
I said I had no complaints with it.....cause I didn't!
I said I sold it to Dave from Motiva
Have you ever met me? Talked to me? I didn't think so
So what does me being a 100% satisfied Hellion customer that sold his car to a guy who works at a dyno in New Mexico have anything to do with a wanna be turbo kit maker that puts a caveman pic of himself in his avatar????

There was nothing I said other than the fact that I liked my Hellion kit!
Am I not entitled to my opinion?
I'm a customer....not a guy like you that's trying real hard to make a turbo kit and feels the need to bash every comment made that doesn't give accolades to your product

Give it a rest caveman

mike5876

Established Member
Oh yeah forgot..I also said the Hellion kit was awesome and i would recommend it to anyone

Hey....you were the one that dug up my post and then tried to contort what I said

Bud

Established Member
Since you are in FL, just makes sense to look into the Lund Racing twin kit. I'm biased but being local it would be a great option for you.

Users who are viewing this thread