Tvs takeoff problem

Beaubear

Established Member
Hey guys, I bought a tvs 2013 takeoff blower on the market from this website. Did the modifications on it for the elbow, installed it but never cranked it on because I got a new whipple later that week. I sold that tvs to a guy and installed it for him. He's telling me the front if the blower is scortching hot. I'm not trying to have my name in the streets with a bad rep. Has anyone else had that problem? I kinda feel bad for him and told him I would ask around.

Thanks,
Beau'

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Hey guys, I bought a tvs 2013 takeoff blower on the market from this website. Did the modifications on it for the elbow, installed it but never cranked it on because I got a new whipple later that week. I sold that tvs to a guy and installed it for him. He's telling me the front if the blower is scortching hot. I'm not trying to have my name in the streets with a bad rep. Has anyone else had that problem? I kinda feel bad for him and told him I would ask around.

Thanks,
Beau'

Front of blower is where the drive gears are..it's gonna be hot....how hot is it exactly, unless he is using a infrared gun , "scorching" is his opinion..if its 500* then that's scorching.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
But should it be hot even in a 7 mile trip? I should add it has a 2.5 pulley.

Yes...it's a mechanical part that uses oil...anything over 120* feels hot to the human hand...tell him to get a real temp reading if he's that concerned

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
The TVS is NOT a KB liquid cool. The front gets pretty warm.

Imatk

Established Member
Mine gets damn hot after a couple miles so I'd say it's normal.

I've looked into the Steigmeir (sp?) venom coolers, but haven't been able to find anyone that actually has one.

Catalac

Established Member
Haha thanks guys. He's actually going to measure it. Any idea what temp is normal?

Mine was 180 today when I got home after an hour of driving, seeings how it sits on a motor with a 190 degree thermostat I figure this is likely normal so to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread