3:73 Gears
Long Tube Headers Kooks
3.08 Inch pulley
123 mm CAI with stock MAF
Stock Plugs gapped at .035"
Lowered Suspension

Makes 667 RWHP

Stock Fuel pump

I am having trouble with the car, the car will not excelerate very good and at high rpm it sputters I have a youtube video doing a brake stand and you can hear at the end of the burn out some of the sputtering.

Question is do most people have an upgraded fuel system with the following setup or is stock fuel pump considered good enough?

here is the link:
2010 Mustang Shelby GT 500 Need for Speed Edition BURN OUT! 667 RWHP - YouTube

Thanks in advance.

Van@RevanRacing

I have a 2010 Mustang Shelby gt500
Makes 18-19 Boost
2.9 Whipple Blower
60 lbs Fuel Injectors
3:73 Gears
Long Tube Headers Kooks
3.08 Inch pulley
123 mm CAI with stock MAF
Stock Plugs gapped at .035"
Lowered Suspension

Makes 667 RWHP

Stock Fuel pump

I am having trouble with the car, the car will not excelerate very good and at high rpm it sputters I have a youtube video doing a brake stand and you can hear at the end of the burn out some of the sputtering.

Question is do most people have an upgraded fuel system with the following setup or is stock fuel pump considered good enough?

here is the link:
2010 Mustang Shelby GT 500 Need for Speed Edition BURN OUT! 667 RWHP - YouTube

Thanks in advance.

You need a dual Boost A Pump. You're maxing out your Fuel Pump Driver Module with this set up and boost level. It's missing because its starved for Fuel

JimIII@jdm

Stock plugs gapped at .035" I really think your getting spark blow out. I would try a colder plug like the NGK TR6 gapped tighter to .030" Bet that solves your problem. You do not need a BAP. We continually support over 750 RWHP on the stock pump and driver assembly. Try the plugs first, bet that's your issue. No way your maxing out the pumps or FPDMs this early unless there is way to much fuel pressure commanded in your tune. You can datalog the Fuel Pump Duty Cycle if you want to be sure.

Call me if you need any help or assistance 732-780-0770

JimIII

Van@RevanRacing

I don't disagree with Jim on the plugs but I do disagree on the FPDM's being maxed out at 18-19 lbs of boost and in the higher RPM range and this horsepower level on a GT500.

Nsssane1

Established Member
Dude you need a bigger dual heat exchanger also and grab a larger tank also, unless you forgot to list. I run a 3.00 pulley with 72's and a boost a pump.

Fastloader

Established Member
Maf

I am runing the stock maf, I thought I would need something bigger but my tuner disagree's. I am a novice and still learning. Thanks to everyone for the answers.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
See also about data logging too. I agree with van I think a dual bap would help. An for sure gap the plugs lower.

white88lx

Established Member
I believe both Van and Jim are correct. If you have stock plugs that are gapped .035 at 18-19 lbs of boost is going to give you spark blow out. Going to need to go to a smaller gap and colder plugs.

Your fuel system thou is going to need to need a BAP, Safer is always better. I bet if you take a loot at A/F ration on the dyno graph and at the very high RPM's your airfuel ratio probably has an upward slope

JimIII@jdm

I am runing the stock maf, I thought I would need something bigger but my tuner disagree's. I am a novice and still learning. Thanks to everyone for the answers.

In a 123mm housing you are good for 750-780 on the stock Sensor. I still dont agree with the BAP, if you want to talk sometime Id love to explain. Call me at 732-780-0770:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread