Vengeance 1000rwhp C7

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
There's also a medium between a $2500 H/C/I setup

and a $25,000 H/C/I setup.
I don't know, I've never heard of anything like that. It seems unbelievable to be honest. This is per their site. 2500 or so in labor would be about the rate at a shop like that. There must be something lost in translation as 25k is built motor with a blower package territory.

Trick flow heads/cam of your choice

http://vengeanceracing.net/index.ph...bination-for-cathedral-port-applications.html

Add 1100 for Intake/TB

An entire long block is 10-15k for a 402-427 stroker at any shop. I think something was misinterpreted. Ive owned and modded 4-5 LSX vehicles and have bought parts from Vengeance. They actually have good mail order prices and their cams are usually $50 cheaper than other big name shops.

Last edited:

bobs99ss

I agree that its not a budget build thing, they do very pricey builds, still is crazy, also depends on the set up, cam kit alone im sure is a grand, then heads get pricey, then top it off with a fast intake,good long tubes,x pipe etc and your past the 5 g mark in parts alone

Oxford

Established Member
Some people just have money to piss away. Probably the same people who think $$ spent = better work

96lazervert

Established Member
Vengeance did a h/c build on my c6z and I was very unhappy with the outcome. Top dollar paid, too much timing and my car was detonating under wot. I had to return 3 times for tuning issues. Needless to say, their tuner is lazy and blows imo. Also heading home I heard something rattling under the hood. The installer left a 24" snap on pry bar in the engine bay. Unreal

Last edited:

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Vengeance did a h/c build on my c6z and I was very unhappy with the outcome. Top dollar paid, too much timing and my car was detonating under wot. I had to return 3 times for tuning issues. Needless to say, their tuner is lazy and blows imo. Also heading home I heard something rattling under the hood. The installer left a 24" snap on pry bar in the engine bay. Unreal

Free expensive pry bar though.

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
Sick car. Sad to see them try and charge that amount. I remember when they were nothing had my heads and cam ordered from them and installed myself car ran great.

NOLACLS

Established Member
And thats what i read all the time...bad ass shop/tuner makes bad ass car. Then people flock to them to build there cars...they charge a premium and then give you shit work and get mad when you return. Been there done that...

Nice car tho

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
A local here in Pensacola just got his C5 FRC back from Vengence. He spent a lot of money on this car, big cube build, nitrous, etc. The car came back with many little flaws that could have been avoided. Where am I going with this....

When you spend THAT kind of money, you expect perfection. Sorry to say, Vengence just doesn't have it. Same exact results with his CTS-V (same owner as the C5 FRC). The tuning was so bad on the transmission, it died in short time.

End result, the guy comments that Vengence has taken his last dollar.

NinjaBum

Established Member
When I dealt with those guys I always received some apathetic "don't really GAF if you do business with us or not" or "you're annoying me" vibe from them. Decided to do business with Hinson instead.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Was it just me or did it seem like the girl didn't seem surprised during the ride along?

E

bokyo1987

Established Member
Bought a stall and Pfadt suspension bits from Vengeance for my C5 last year... The stall came in on time, but the Pfadt stuff kept getting delayed. They never voluntarily gave me any info on when the items I paid for were going to arrive, had to bug them every other week. I cancelled the transaction after 3 months of waiting and willingly paid re-stocking fees on parts they didn't even have in hand.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread