Video game guys, it's gonna be a good next 3 months

sidewinderl

Established Member
PC gaming will be dead by the end of this decade, if not halfway through, and pimple faced geeks worldwide will slit their wrist just like emo kids when their parents take away their myspace account. Then again, that means less than 5% of the total gaming market.........so really no loss there. I see consoles and mobile device gaming taking over, look at the popularity of a simple assed game like Angry Birds, developed by two guys in a few days work.........millions in profit from a $2.99 game.

You do realize people were claiming that exact same bs 20 years ago, right? It was bs then and it's still bs now. There is no such thing as a pure gaming console anymore. Each generation they become more and more like PC's. You've even admitted it by stating "mobile devices" instead of "hand-held consoles".

It's the consoles that are going the way of the dinosaur, and they have been ever since the PS2/Xbox era. The Gamecube was the last stand of the gaming console, and it lost. Now even the Wii is a multimedia device.

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
FIFA12 and MW3 is all I want.

lol at the computer gamer fanboi-ism tho.

Dude, haha, it's ****ing video games, who the **** cares? It's just something to do when we are bored.

MustangBoo

Save Colonel Reb!!!
Established Member
Assassins Creed: Revelations Shocked no one has mentioned this game yet. As mentioned in earlier posts I will be broke all Fall as well.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
You guys forgot about Deus Ex: Human Revolution, came out last week I think. I just started playing it, I think it's gonna live up to the original from what little I've played so far.

The original is one of the best FPS/strategy games ever made.

Red94SVT

Established Member
So If I buy BF3 for PC and Forza4 and MW3 for XBOX what will that make me?
A pimply faced jock or a popped collar nerd? :??:

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
So If I buy BF3 for PC and Forza4 and MW3 for XBOX what will that make me?
A pimply faced jock or a popped collar nerd? :??:

a dude who wants to play a video game.

some guys just want to cause problems just for the sake of getting the posters agitated.

How am I one of the only people who enjoyed RE5? The co-op was really fun. I've never been a die hard RE fan, so i wasn't let down by it. I'm trying to force myself to play the bioshock games, but I'm having such a hard time sticking to it. Just not my type of game, but it has gotten such insane reviews, I'm going to push through my distaste and see what goes down.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Consoles are fun. No doubt about that. I've played on them for over 15 years.

BUT...

I've had my built PC (that's a beast btw lol) for about 3-4 weeks and I think PC gaming tops it pretty easily.

With that being said, I CANT WAIT for BF3 and all these upcoming titles. I feel like the COD series has a been a huge let down since COD4 but still "ok" games. Nothing really all that new that isn't making the game even more simple for young or new players.

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
Anyone gonna get any of the new console bundles?

Xbox 360 Console Bundles - Xbox.com

nah, i've already got the xbox slim and kinect.

as far as pc gaming goes, i've never been into computers like that. i've got buddies with insane computers and it just goes over my head. i just enjoy drinking and playing FPS. the shit talk gets real thick when i drink. lol.

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
nah, i've already got the xbox slim and kinect.

as far as pc gaming goes, i've never been into computers like that. i've got buddies with insane computers and it just goes over my head. i just enjoy drinking and playing FPS. the shit talk gets real thick when i drink. lol.

+1.

I like computer games for RPGs and such. But if i want to get a couple of friends together to drink and play I ask them to bring their controllers, not their towers/laptops lol.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Yeah, the rest of this year should be good times. I've played in BF3 alpha and it's looking pretty promising.

Swtor looks to be the next big MMO hit, though it's still on the edge of being a total flop and simply brilliant. Guild wars 2 is the title set to contend, but simply won't be able to.

Skyrim and Mass Effect 3 coming out soon as well, which should please a lot of people. Oblivion was one of the worst games I've seen in the last decade (context: Morrowind was an astounding game for its time), yet it received good reviews, so I'm sure it'll stick to the Oblivion formula and be terrible, sadly. Mass Effect, I haven't actually played but many close friends tell me it's been great, and looking at the upcoming game leaves a good feeling of promise.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is what I'm waiting to pick up in November. But I will be picking up dead island as it takes the Left4Dead concept to a whole new level:rockon:
Definitely looking forward to Elder Scrolls and MW3.

To you two (or anyone who is looking forward to Skyrim), did you play Oblivion or Morrowind? I really would like to know.

Oblivion was an embarrassment. It failed at damn near everything it set out to do. The only people I've talked to who actually like the game or think that it's "good" are the ones that have never played anything similar to it and who don't usually care too much about quality, frankly.

TES:V 11/11/11
Mass Effect 3
Diablo III
Starcraft II: HOTS

PC gamer for life.
Consoles are for FPS frat boys and noobs.

I'm with you, PC games are leaps and bounds above console (and will be for the foresable future).

That said....

Diablo III looks like a SC II mod with characters no one wants to play. I loved Diablo II, but the next installment looks pretty bad, so far, sadly.

Starcraft I have trouble getting into as well, because of how they released it. The fact that they they're milking the damn thing by releasing 6 titles that should only be 2, and that they want to chop the nuts off of anyone who creates any original content using the editor.

PC gaming will be dead by the end of this decade, if not halfway through

LOLOLOLOLOLOL, ramblings from a bro who doesn't know any better. I ignored the rest of your natty ice-fueled post and decided to just sit back and laugh at this sentence. Though for a bro, you seem to know a lot of terminology of the nerds.

I've agreed with some things you've said in the past (though certainly not all), but this has to be one of the dumbest things I've seen you say in quite some time.

I want a new awesome MMROPG

Best hope, as of right now, is the upcoming SWTOR. That said, it's still balancing on a knife edge, and regardless of how good/bad it is, it's still a themepark MMO that will mirror WoW to the best of its abilities. That said, I'm looking forward to its release (not because I think it'll be good, but rather because I'm REALLY curious to see how much like a WoW clone it'll be).

Consoles are computers, just saying.

Correct. Bros won't ever acknowledge this. The console market is just bros and carebears who think they are better than the rest because they think pressing more than 2 buttons is too difficult or time consuming.

Surprised people aren't mentioning Warhammer 40k: Space Marine and The Old Republic.

ps...MW3 = Mechwarrior 3 :bash:

Yup, like stated above, SWTOR is the biggest thing for this year.

Hahaha, Mechwarrior. Christ. Good times.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Game stop thanks you for the interest-free loan. :nonono:

I say you're welcome because

1.I don't pay full price for the games I pre-order :)

2. On multiple occasions I've received my game before the rest of the people who got them at midnight

It's nice knowing the right people

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
i only really care about 2 games.

Mass Effect 3
Star Wars: The Old Republic

but i will also be getting MW3, BF3, and Forza 4. all for xbox. i just dont like PC gaming. especially FPS.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread