Want all the options on your 458? Will cost you roughly $150,000

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
I thought this was interesting, with the current exchange rate it would cost you about 150K to option out your 458.

[youtube_browser]t0UeRFGt-HU[/youtube_browser]

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/t0UeRFGt-HU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yahoo Article on the video:
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/143-000-options-ferrari-181811621.html

Taken directly from the article

How to get $143,000 in options on your Ferrari

"Luxury supercar makers know their customers want a car like no one else has — an easy task to accomplish when building a few hundred vehicles a year, but a far harder one when building several thousand. Yet those same supercar makers also know that a shopper kicking tires on a $200,000 vehicle isn't going to haggle over options that the rest of us would find exorbitant — because it makes the car that much more uniqe. While Porsche has long stood as the master of upselling $2,000 painted wheels and $1,710 custom air vents, Ferrari may have finally surpassed its German rivals, based on this 458 Italia sporting $143,000 in options.
As described by British site FortyOneSix, this 458 dealer demonstration model is meant to show off what a typical British customer would add to his Italia to make it stand out from the rest of the Ferraris on the road. The numbers in the video above seem a little high to begin with; applying the current exchange rate of $1.55 to every British pound only increases their shock value. While some of the prices for add-ons like body parts and performance aids seem within reason, the extra costs for badging, detail painting and technology such as a built-in iPhone cord (a 4th generation version at that) for about $900 appear to come with a sizable Ferrari premium. (Even the Ferrari fire extinguisher costs triple what Porsche charges).

This little dash button may carry a higher cost-per-size than any other. The button engages the Ferrari front suspension lift system, a device that raises the car's body off the road by an extra 5 cm, so that it won't scrape those carbon-fiber diffusers and other expensive underbody parts on speed bumps and parking ramps. Retail price: $4,507, which if you're trying to protect your $225,000 car, probably seems like a worthwhile investment. (Why Ferrari couldn't have made the silhouette look like a 458 rather than a lifted Fiat 124 is a mystery).

Ferrari might be able to lower its prices if it wanted to, or was facing some kind of customer backlash, but there's a waiting list for the 7,000 cars it makes every year, and Ferrari's executives have made clear they will always keep production below demand. And this is only the options lists for the regular clientele; if you want to customize everything, Ferrari will gladly take you to its Corsa Cliente design studio in Maranello to select fabrics and colors for about a 50 percent premium on the base model's cost. If you want to go, book ahead, because at the moment the studio has all the business it can afford."

Last edited:

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Pfft. $150K is only if you order "regular" options. Real Tifosi journey to Maranello to visit the Tailor Made shop, where the sky is the limit in several senses of the phrase.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
I'm pretty sure if you can afford the car, you're not sweating the pocket change for options. Right treynor? Lol

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Pfft. $150K is only if you order "regular" options. Real Tifosi journey to Maranello to visit the Tailor Made shop, where the sky is the limit in several senses of the phrase.

haha good insight.

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member

I bet it's an awesome sight! Keep living the dream Treynor :beer:

tistan

Established Member
1900 pounds for titanium lug nuts. You know when you select that option, money don't mean shit to you.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
458's are for the wannabe's... Want to be unique and respected then get a higher end Ferrari like a F12 Berlinetta or 599 GTO.

Uh. Not to burst your bubble, but F12s and 599 GTOs are not the top of the Ferrari food chain either.

The sure-fire way I have found to get respect in the Ferrari crowd: Being fast on the track. They (and I guess now that's "we") really respect great drivers. IMO, that's as it should be.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
If I have the money to buy a 458 what's another $150k......I would have to tell my wife no shopping for a week. :)

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Uh. Not to burst your bubble, but F12s and 599 GTOs are not the top of the Ferrari food chain either.

The sure-fire way I have found to get respect in the Ferrari crowd: Being fast on the track. They (and I guess now that's "we") really respect great drivers. IMO, that's as it should be.

And /thread!

GTpower01

Established Member
My buddy has one of these!!! He spent almost 400k!!! So bad ass though, he let me drive it!!!! Breathtaking!

MiamiSnake

Established Member

They are the top of the lineup go to Ferrari.com and get educated. The only thing above it is the LAFerrari which is so limited why bring it up? I guess you must be talking Enzo, F40 & F50. I was speaking of currently made models with larger production numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread