What’s Your Favorite City In America?

nickf2005

Established Member
It appeals to the car nut in me. Corvette factory, Corvette test track, and if I drag raced, Beach Ben. It’s big enough to have things to do but not large enough that I don’t like it (hate big cities).

Pick your poison.
I can respect that. Like I said, I'm only there for work,so it's just usually dinner and beers and Double Dogs. GADS has great donuts and the folks at work love when I bring them in with me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CV355

_
Established Member
Newport RI. My parents keep their boats there. Tiny city but people from all over the globe know and visit it. Great bars. History.

Walking along the cliffs is not only a beautiful experience, but it also makes you wonder how many of those mansions were earned through ethical means XD

Boothbay Harbor, Maine
Kennebunkport, Maine

I looked at a nice retirement complex in Kennebunkport. No decision yet. I do hate the cold, but the area is nice and peaceful. Other than that every city I thought would be great to move to has dropped from my list for various reasons, most of them political/financial. WAY back I really wanted to move to southern California for retirement. Now, it's off the list for consideration. For now we're stuck here in Connecticut for personal reasons. I surely hope to move from this state before it gets any worse.

Kennebunkport is awesome. Especially that section along the bridge where the entire road is paved with brick. Federal Jacks was a staple every time we visited.

snakedoctor

Established Member
Tucson Az.... traffic flows well, scenery is beautiful, cost of living is decent, and it’s centrally located where you can take a weekend trip to Denver, Vegas, San Diego, or LA

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Las Vegas

I love going there, but on the flip side I’m glad it’s the other side of the country for me.

I go every year for work, and once every other year for SEMA.

So once this year, twice next year, once the following year, twice the following year, etc.

I love the food, the shows, the concerts, the sights, the people watching, etc. and I like to gamble at night. Never been a big winner but have come home even or slightly up a few times.

Last edited:

VegasMichael

Established Member

scotp71

Established Member
I agree with most of the choices from NC and SC already listed, but I'll add Greenville, SC to the list. It's pretty much in the middle of all of the other towns people have listed in that part of the country. Low cost of living, laid back people, and a really cool downtown area with an awesome waterfall.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Kennebunkport, ME is really nice as is Newport RI.
I've been to Newport, RI many times but haven't been in years. I've been to Maine many times as a kid with my parents, but also haven't been back in years.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Canon Beach, Oregon. Me and the wife have gone there 4 times in the last 10 years. Incredibly beautiful, quiet and of course the beautiful pacific ocean. It's the same place Haystack Rock is located...the same place they filmed the beach scenes in the goonies movie as well.

San Juan Islands in Washington State. Went here for a week last August with the wife. We landed in Seattle, drive 2 hours north and drive the car onto a huge ferry. The ferry ride is about an hour and drops you off at Friday Harbor on the island. One of the most scenic and breathtaking places I've ever imagined. Wild orcas all over the place and a huge lavender farm inland. Great restaurants as well. No chains stores at all! I'll post some pics if I get time but google it all.

Crescent City in Northern Cali...home of the gigantic redwoods! This was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen...

Cave Creek Arizona...

Probably a few more i'm forgetting...Plenty of beautiful places in America...but as trump likes to say, plenty of shit holes as well! haha

Last edited:

ArabianOak

Established Member
CEAEC132-E536-481B-8CAE-6EA2FB4D7D0A.jpeg
7F112526-42EF-456F-8B1C-9C7F8A04D33F.jpeg
B186983B-EC75-4F85-9CBB-F7C5EFB74928.jpeg
13BA46C4-1AC9-4A6B-9CF0-FE2F51863029.jpeg
2F58A4EE-E2CD-4A20-B90D-AC295A3ABED3.jpeg
1C3F4152-FB0D-4F7F-B8E4-ACF59606DA2C.jpeg

Sorry I couldn't post the pictures in high res...wouldn't let me.

08mojo

Established Member
Brevard NC is one of my favorite towns to visit. You have a nearly panoramic mountain view, a quaint little downtown area that feels stuck in the 1950's. It's never crowded.

Shhh... Brevard is not to be mentioned! Send everyone to Asheville.:D

Seriously though, Brevard is near the top of my list. Mountain biking is a huge part of Brevard--it's awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread