What are the latest rumors for 2011 GT500

War Eagle

Established Member
Anyone heard any good rumors lately about a new engine in 2011 or other changes (maybe weight)?

chuckstang

Established Member
I don't see Ford making the GT500 we all though and hoped for for 2011 because there simply is no competition to merrit it and the economy still sucks

Blaine

Established Member
400 lbs less weight.. and heres an idea... 335's for the rear tires so the GT500 doesn't run like crap on its Goodyear SuperSlows.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I think that is anyone’s guess. Detroit is going to be quite a different place next year. I think Chrysler is doomed and can't be saved. GM's is in a little better position but having the UAW and the Government running it doesn't make me optimistic.

Ford will be the last man standing and will have the domestic market to itself and will need to fend off foreign competition.

What really concerns me is Government Motors will pass laws to stymie Ford as the public will get angrier as we pour more and more tax dollars into their new found public works project and will attempt to drag their competition down with them. Imagine the Democrats running a car company teamed up with Union officials. Maybe they will make Nancy Pelosi the CEO and Barney Franks the CFO :smmon:

I hope Ford will be able to continue building the GT500 in some form or another without congress legislating it out of existence or neutering the car to the point hastening the return of the Mustang III :nonono:

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Rumors, all rumors...

backed up with speculation and guesses.... my absolute favorite are those idiots say nothing but crap only to find out 3 years later it was all true!:lol:hence the reason dbk retired from svtp.

+ 1 on your first post! its coming....

but even more exciting for me is the 2011 mustang gt and the 2010 sho....
raptor, 11 mustang gt(heads, cam, long tubes, and basic griggs), and the sho would be a great three car garage!!!!

ff500

Established Member
I can add this to any rumors, when I called SAI about sending my 07 in for the Shelby 40th upgrade package I also asked if I was better off holding out because something better may come out down the line, he told me the contract with Ford was only good until 2010 for the GT500, so with that said is the GT500 name owned by Ford or Shelby? If they don't renew and its owned by Shelby there won't be an 011 GT500 but there could be a new SVT mustang which is what I'm hoping for.
Also while everyone was saying there was only going to be a 2 year run on the GT500, Evo had right on their site parts for the 07 through 09 GTG500 ( before the 09's were even mentioned by anyone else) and now they have 07 through 010 GT500, it leads me to believe no 011 GT500 but there will be something by SVT. ( I Hope!! )

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
This car is all over the mags, and yes there is absolutely no doubt it is being created...

SVT was never dead, SVT made the 500 only Shelby's name is an icon Ford has rights to through specific contracts.

kb67

Established Member
Premium Member
Shelby owns the Gt350 and Gt500 trademarks I think thats why his name was on the 07 -10s. They would have made out better if they left the SVT Cobra naming alone and offered the upgrade packages thourgh SAI.

Users who are viewing this thread