What did you do for your Terminator today?

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Got this in the mail today and installed. They do look awesome View attachment 88592

Man, that looks awesome. That picture has just become my desktop wallpaper on my work computer.....

I have 2 on order right now. However, I'm having one done to match my coupe. Can't wait to get it in.

Thanks to Paul (03 Indy Cobra) for putting me in contact with Michelle and thanks to Michelle for working with me and helping come up with a twist on her design to match my coupe!!!!!

Last edited:

TooFast98Cobra

#1 Vent Shade Installer
Established Member
Double sided velcro tape and 100 plus degrees trunk temps in the summer makes me think these will fall off when the trunk is closed and they are hanging by their own weight..

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
^^^ I'm not sure. I recently made some covers for my coil pack covers on my vert. It's made out of a thin sheet of metal and then I used Velcro to hold them in place in order to avoid using bolts to secure them and to cover up the bolts on the coil pack covers.

I used heavy duty Velcro since this is the engine compartment where temps are above 100 degrees. They have held up under normal driving conditions and the temperatures of El Paso.....

See post #35 to see what I'm talking about.
https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/and-the-winner-is.1108428/page-2

BMSTNG

Established Member
Man, that looks awesome. That picture has just become my desktop wallpaper on my work computer.....

I have 2 on order right now. However, I'm having one done to match my coupe. Can't wait to get it in.

Thanks to Paul (03 Indy Cobra) for putting me in contact with Michelle and thanks to Michelle for working with me and helping come up with a twist on her design to match my coupe!!!!!
Thanks, You will not be disappointed. Make sure you post some pics of that new design for your coupe. Can't wait to see it

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Hey BMSTNG. Yes, I will post pics. Also, it's not a new design, but a twist on her original design to match my coupe. I'm so looking forward to receiving them. They do look sweet!!!!

BMSTNG

Established Member
Double sided velcro tape and 100 plus degrees trunk temps in the summer makes me think these will fall off when the trunk is closed and they are hanging by their own weight..
I Wiped the area down with the alcohol pads she supplies and stuck it on. Believe me it's not going anywhere it stuck like crazy and the piece is not that heavy. I'm in fla and temps get over 100 I'm not at all worried about it.

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
Real easy they come pefixed with 3m velcro tabs. Just position it right and stick it on.
Yeah okay mine was the same way once it heats up on the sun it falls off.
That mounting tape doesn't have the heat rating to match how hot the trunk gets.
I.e. oooooyey goooyey mess
Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
That mounting tape doesn't have the heat rating to match how hot the trunk gets.

Hmmm, that's interesting. I'll have to see what it comes with and step it up to heavy duty Velcro if needed.

Love all the info that goes back and forth around here.....

TooFast98Cobra

#1 Vent Shade Installer
Established Member
Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I knew it. Lol. For $200 bills they need to be mounted in a different way. Im passing on it.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I'm already thinking about a fix (If it needs to be fixed). I'm thinking of putting on some plastic push pins/clips and mount it similar to the way my door panels are mounted on my 65. Clips will be mounted behind the fabric, so you still won't see them. I'll just have to see how thick the mounting board is on these panels.

If I can figure a way to do that it will never fall off as it will be clipped in. My idea is like how this guy describes mounting his in post #1:

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/finished-my-trunk-lid-liner-today-pic-included.583681/

I have seen a lot of folks mounting these. Anyone else have a problem with these falling off????

Last edited:

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
I have mine mounted with the plastic push fasteners. They have material glued to them, so they are hard to see.

TrunkLidMat003_zps30c72bcb.jpg

TxCobra76

Established Member
I live in East Texas and I'm not worried a bit about mine heating up and falling off. It's stuck very good with a 3M Velcro. She is very generous with the amount of Velcro she uses also. Working max temp is 220 degrees. What's the other alternative, drill holes in trunk for fastners? No thank you!Or I guess something could be epoxy glued. I'm not gonna change how it mounts until a problem presents itself.

0020057ad3f5be9723a52d66b8734076.png

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I live in East Texas and I'm not worried a bit about mine heating up and falling off. It's stuck very good with a 3M Velcro. She is very generous with the amount of Velcro she uses also. Working max temp is 220 degrees. What's the other alternative, drill holes in trunk for fasteners? No thank you!Or I guess something could be epoxy glued. I'm not gonna change how it mounts until a problem presents itself.

Yeah, I thought about it more last night. A lot of people have purchased these panels and practically no one has mentioned anything about these falling off. So, I agree with you TxCobra. They should hold up just fine with the mounting material provided.

Users who are viewing this thread