What do GTR owners think of the 13' GT500

Status
Not open for further replies.

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
&^$# GTR"s.. Thats why I never want an auto in a cobra I want to drive my car not a computer drive it for me. As for launch control I have a left and right foot for that!!!

Last edited:

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
$8 to $10 K for service intervals ( oil change etc. ) is not for me. What I was told by a sales manager when I was looking at buying a 2010 Nissan GTR. Nice cars.........and cool knick-name Godzilla!!!!!

Voice of Reason

Established Member
Ongoing maintenance on a GTR might be high, but the idea of being able to use all of your hp on any street on any day (and not just a fully prepped track) sounds intoxicating. I'll own one of these two cars next year, I change my mind almost daily which of them I want so I have a year to make up my mind.

And the respect the GT500 is getting from groups like the GTR guys is an amazing thing. I expect Camaro and Vette guys to make empty complaints, there's a bit of jealousy going on. But GTR owners seem to be a very balanced bunch. So it's nice to see the complements from them.

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
crepr12 said:
Nice...I willing to bet you wont buy this 650hp pony for 60K new....No way in hell...75-80k easy before the dealer "market adjustment" ...Still its not a bad deal

This guy is going to be in shock when he sees how competitive the prices are upon release day.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
thats great, however I have yet to meet a GTR owner that wasnt a pretentious deusch....anyway maybe ill run into one because as of right now i count at least 4 that live around me >=)

BlwnSn8k

S/C Whine = Smile on Face
Established Member
I would get the new GTR.....if I was lazy and wanted the car to drive itself.:banana:

I do give it respect though, especially the new ones running in the mid-500 BHP range. They can carve up a road course like no other. I am a big fan of the R33 and R34 GTR, but this new one to me is just ugly.

This is a much more sexy car in my opinion. R34 GTR
nissan-skyline-r34-gtr.jpg

And yes, the new GTR owners are very pretentious assholes. The kid with one here in town got his feelings hurt by me on the interstate after he had been talking so much shit at a local Saturday night meet. He had an original model and from a roll they are not much at all.

xenodragon

Established Member
I love how everyone says the GTR drives itself. Have ANY of you actually driven one to say it drives itself? No you have not...

I infact have driven one for a full day, and what makes the car awesome is you can push the limits SO far on it, that you could never dream of pushing any other car.

None of you are professional drivers and will never drive a car to its full potential, so why not get some extra help in the GTR.

IMO everyone that says oh the car drives itself, it sucks...blah blah..is just jealous and cannot afford one.

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
R35 above Now that is sick looking!!!!!

but u just insulted the all mighty godzilla don't fear it.. fear the wrath of 61mmstang94 the forums biggest GTR nut swinger will be here soon to express how superior the GTR is compared to a worthless ford get ready!!!!!!

Last edited:

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
I love how everyone says the GTR drives itself. Have ANY of you actually driven one to say it drives itself? No you have not...

I infact have driven one for a full day, and what makes the car awesome is you can push the limits SO far on it, that you could never dream of pushing any other car.

None of you are professional drivers and will never drive a car to its full potential, so why not get some extra help in the GTR.

IMO everyone that says oh the car drives itself, it sucks...blah blah..is just jealous and cannot afford one.

This post is a joke are u related to 61mmstang94? shall I dig up the videos of the GTR bring pushed to the edge and winding up in ditches and side of cliffs because the drivers think just like you do?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I've driven a couple of GT-R's and while its not my cup of tea, you have to respect the power and handling of the car.

I have a handful of friends with them, and they are all heavily modded. God they are fast. But in Massachusetts, I think i see a GT-R everyday, there are ALOT of them.

SVT_SRT8

Established Member
i just thought is was pretty cool getting positive feedback from GTR owners. They are a hard group to impress and gain respect from. Kudos to ford again.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I would get the new GTR.....if I was lazy and wanted the car to drive itself.:banana:

I do give it respect though, especially the new ones running in the mid-500 BHP range. They can carve up a road course like no other. I am a big fan of the R33 and R34 GTR, but this new one to me is just ugly.

This is a much more sexy car in my opinion. R34 GTR
nissan-skyline-r34-gtr.jpg

And yes, the new GTR owners are very pretentious assholes. The kid with one here in town got his feelings hurt by me on the interstate after he had been talking so much shit at a local Saturday night meet. He had an original model and from a roll they are not much at all.

I agree the R34, especially the Nur 2 edition i believe is one of the baddest cars ever....of course I give nissan its props for what they have done with the current car. Its an amazing feat of engineering, im just biased towards muscle cars...:banana:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I respect Godzilla. It is a amazing car. Nissan has done wonders with it.

E. Nick

Established Member
Totally different cars - the GT500 has explosive torque, traction issues, a deep, raspy exhaust note, and a true manual - sounds like fun to me...

No need to compare apples to oranges unless either would be your only car.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member

I don't know about everyone else but I got the impression the GT-R is a car that "drives itself" from people who have actually driven the car and said it was a car that "drives itself". The GT-R is an incredible car but I would hate the paddle shifting and maintenance fee. If I were rich I would own one just so I could have a car that I could take to the limit more so than most of other cars out there.

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I don't know about everyone else but I got the impression the GT-R is a car that "drives itself" from people who have actually driven the car and said it was a car that "drives itself". The GT-R is an incredible car but I would hate the paddle shifting and maintenance fee. If I were rich I would own one just so I could have a car that I could take to the limit more so than most of other cars out there.

i can relate to this

svt1111

Established Member
I've driven a couple of GT-R's and while its not my cup of tea, you have to respect the power and handling of the car.

I have a handful of friends with them, and they are all heavily modded. God they are fast. But in Massachusetts, I think i see a GT-R everyday, there are ALOT of them.

Where I MA do you live? I travel the greater metro Boston and south shore areas all the time, and since their introduction, I've seen ONE GTR in that time frame. I've seen more GT3's than GTR's. Weird.

I think they are great cars though. Just not my style. For 90k, I don't wan to walk into my garage and open the door to a Nissan. I know they are capable supercars, but for that dough I'll take a gently used 997 TT with PDK and equal or beat the GTR.

08blkshelby

Established Member
This car is a performing freak!! How in the world did nissan make this car handle so well? Or brake for that matter? It brakes almost as well as the corvette Z07 and it does not have carbon ceramic brakes. Not to mention is weighs about 700 lbs more! It also seats 4!!! The newest model is capable of running a 10 second 1/4 mile! This car defies the laws of physics! End of rant, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread