Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Pro 5.0

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I have only used the Steeda Tri-Ax...I loved it.

I have been told the MGW is great. some have said they it is a tad harsh for a DD, but some have said that that was BS.....so??..not sure if I helped or confused more.

I have also heard the pro5.0 was junk.

ster!nn

Established Member
MGW- and it's not even listed, it's 10x the shifter than any listed. lol

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
MGW...add that to your poll...if you haven't figured it out yet, 95% of people are going to suggest that shifter. It is FAR superior to ANY other shifter out there.

BM1

Established Member
A lot of people say MGW is the best, but I really don't think it matters. A short throw and shift stops are what they all basically provide. The MGW does have an adjustable handle if you need it closer to your body.

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
A lot of people say MGW is the best, but I really don't think it matters. A short throw and shift stops are what they all basically provide. The MGW does have an adjustable handle if you need it closer to your body.

I have had the UPR and Steeda Tri-ax in my 00GT and now I have the MGW. There is no comparison and almost everyone on here says MGW. I think that should tell you something. :dw:

BM1

Established Member
I have had the UPR and Steeda Tri-ax in my 00GT and now I have the MGW. There is no comparison and almost everyone on here says MGW. I think that should tell you something. :dw:

I didn't knock it. I actually listed one of its features that none of the others have.

I'd buy one, but my Tri-Ax gets the job done.

STG

Banned

I bought a Tri Ax through Scott Hoag and like it very much. Scott ships his shifters WITHOUT the adjustible stop-bolts because the TR 3650 has internal stops. You should not use adjustable shift stops with any aftermarket shifter on a TR3650.

Incorrectly adjusted shift stop-bolts can prevent gears from engaging completely causing severe damage.

Both Scott Hoag and an engineer at Tremec confirmed this in telephone conversations

BM1

Established Member
You should not use adjustable shift stops with any aftermarket shifter on a TR3650.

Incorrectly adjusted shift stop-bolts can prevent gears from engaging completely causing severe damage.

Properly adjusted shift-stops don't interfere with gear engagement. That is the point of adjusting them.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I bought a Tri Ax through Scott Hoag and like it very much. Scott ships his shifters WITHOUT the adjustible stop-bolts because the TR 3650 has internal stops. You should not use adjustable shift stops with any aftermarket shifter on a TR3650.

Both Scott Hoag and an engineer at Tremec confirmed this in telephone conversations

Properly adjusted shift-stops don't interfere with gear engagement. That is the point of adjusting them.

Incorrectly v. Properly guys. Some people can't even remember to use 91 octane. LOL.

t0ad

The Nightman
Established Member
I have a pro 5.0 and while it may not be as good as a mgw... I will probably never know, cause it works great in my car... maybe it is the mgw handle and mrt ball that makes it better :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread