• Hurst

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Pro 5.0

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BM1

Established Member
Yeah, what the **** do Scott Hoag and the engineers at Tremec know?

If you could go ahead and provide evidence of properly adjusted shifter stops causing transmission problems, that would be great.

lumbergh.jpg

Last edited:

t0ad

The Nightman
Established Member
If you could go ahead and provide evidence of properly adjusted shifter stops causing transmission problems, that would be great.

lumbergh.jpg

I think what Stan was saying is that our trannys do not need them. In fact, your shifter installation for the 3650 says not to use them (the stops on the shifter) because the transmission has internal stops and you could F-it-up. :shrug:

Last edited:

BM1

Established Member
I think what Stan was saying is that our trannys do not need them. In fact, your shifter installation for the 3650 says not to use them (the stops on the shifter) because the transmission has internal stops and you could F-it-up. :shrug:

A) My Steeda installation sheet says no such thing.
B) It's impossible to screw it up if the stops are adjusted correctly. You could damage ANY transmission if you don't know how to adjust the stops which apparently some people don't.

http://www.steeda.com/directions/555-7353-triax-t5-t45-tr3650.pdf

Read step number 10 and especially the bold section appearing after section f.

Last edited:

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
A) My Steeda installation sheet says no such thing.
B) It's impossible to screw it up if the stops are adjusted correctly. You could damage ANY transmission if you don't know how to adjust the stops which apparently some people don't.

http://www.steeda.com/directions/555-7353-triax-t5-t45-tr3650.pdf

Read step number 10 and especially the bold section appearing after section f.

Maybe that's why MGW's the best because they clearly mark it on their installation instructions. I am not bashing the Steeda Tri-Ax because I think Steeda makes some really great products. I guess we are going to need to get an expert on here before you will believe us...:bash:

Here is a thread for you to read scroll down to the fifth post and find out why you should not use the stops provided with your shifter.

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_932457/tm.htm

Last edited:

BM1

Established Member
Maybe that's why MGW's the best because they clearly mark it on their installation instructions. I am not bashing the Steeda Tri-Ax because I think Steeda makes some really great products. I guess we are going to need to get an expert on here before you will believe us...:bash:

Here is a thread for you to read scroll down to the fifth post and find out why you should not use the stops provided with your shifter.

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_932457/tm.htm

The point I'm making is that they aren't going to harm anything if they're adjusted properly. The 3650 does have internal stops, but that's no reason to not use the shifter stops as long as you know how to properly adjust them.

Last edited:

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
The point I'm making is that they aren't going to harm anything if they're adjusted properly. The 3650 does have internal stops, but that's no reason to not use the shifter stops as long as you know how to properly adjust them.

The point we are trying to make is why use them when you don't need them and only harm could come from them?

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
MGW and that's all there is to it. Period.
What Shifter's have you used outside of MGW?

The point we are trying to make is why use them when you don't need them and only harm could come from them?

Can anyone say Underdrive Pulleys?.....(Steeda or anyone?):lol:

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
Can anyone say Underdrive Pulleys?.....(Steeda or anyone?)

I was actually thinking about installing the TORNADO into my intake. I figured with a forced induction car I would pick up like 150 rwhp with that thing. Then I read your post and it made me think..:rockon:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member

I was actually thinking about installing the TORNADO into my intake. I figured with a forced induction car I would pick up like 150 rwhp with that thing. Then I read your post and it made me think..:rockon:

HAHA>.you'd have double FI. :lol:

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
This forum used to be kind of boring but now that we have shortbus :loser: on here posting it gives me something to do at work again....:thumbsup:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member

DP owns you........LOL

This forum used to be kind of boring but now that we have shortbus :loser: on here posting it gives me something to do at work again....:thumbsup:
Tell me about it. The stubbornly ignorant are always fun.

Jack32v

Slow Lane..
Established Member
Mgw FTMFW! I remember I asked for an mgw short shifter as a chirstmas gift, Well about 3 weeks before Christmas I happened to be home and my parents happened to be at work when the ups delivered the box so I cut the box open O so carfull! then I installed the MGw shifter with blue handle and put the stock shifter in the box and sealed it all back up...ENJOY! when christmas came and I unwrapped the box I couldnt help but smile

Spartacus

Banned
Havent been on here for a while, but I have the steeda tri-ax on my first Mach 1 and I just bought the MGW orange handle last week so when it gets here Ill tell you which one is better. Until then, I would only go with Steeda or MGW all the others are junk!

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
I'll be going with MGW when the time comes.
Do they only make an orange handle?

No...You can order a shorter "RACE HANDLE" for like $30.00 but you have to call them. They don't advertise it on their website. You have to ask for the "non annodized race handle". They used to make a bad azz blue handle. The owner of MGW claims that the "new" race handle is the same but they are just slightly different. I put them side by side and the thread position and angle were a little different. If you are looking for a little bit of a shorter handle then you will need to order the "RACE HANDLE". Here is a picture of my set up with the race handle.

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Unless the other shifter manufacturers have finally caught up, another MGW advantage is it's stronger centering springs.

Users who are viewing this thread