What made you want a Terminator????

shortydoo313

Established Member
Im just curious to know that moment you knew you wanted a 03-04 Cobra......

For me I always wanted a 01 Saleen until i watched during the Detroit street races a mean a$$ blacked out 03 destroy a Saleen :cryying: like it wasn't even moving. But that price was outta my reach until last year :banana:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Graduated high school in 2003.
Rich kid in school had a white one and dreamed of the day I could pay for one.
4 years later and a degree later got mine and it will be with me until I die.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
A good friend had one while I had my 04 Mach 1--between the quickness and whine I had to have one.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I went backwards... Got the GT500 first and then wanted to add the older brother. Found a low-mileage Mystichrome that got me fired up. I enjoy seeing the SVT kids together (like a proud father).

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
All around bang for my buck. Plus once I felt the instant torque and the whine. It was game on, had to have one. A 13' sterling gray gt500 would look nice parked next to my 03 dsg.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Heard about them, watched a lot of videos on youtube! I was hooked from the whine of them blowers! I never really liked the new edge mustangs, until I seen the body lines on the 03-04 cobra!

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
I can't remember where I first heard about the 2003 cobra, but heard all the hype and followed along until they previewed it.
i do remember seeing the first 5.0 magazine cover with the 2003 cobra on it. Just dreamed of owning one after that.
Wanted to buy new, and almost did. Would have been been broke as a joke, just paying off a car. Soo glad I didn't.
Funny cause 3 years later I bought one. Still unsure about spending so much money, I went home and watched
SNAKE BITE on YouTube, Ya I bought it

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Saw one in the dealership showroom back in 2003 and always being a Mustang guy I fell in love. Wasn't really financially able to work it out until this year but it was worth the wait. My dad had a 1971 Mach 1 when he was younger so I guess now its my turn to have one in the family. Even 10 years later the car is sought after. Other than the awesome styling and looks that staying power attracted me to the car all over again.

Posted via Topify on Android

braindontstop31

Established Member
I have had three mustangs prior to buying a low mileage 04 Cobra Vert.
I always liked the motor internals of the Termi. Forged crank, 6 bolt mains, iron block and the Manley
H-beam rods. Seems like they meant for the motor to last with a lot of abuse. I always
felt like my 98 Cobra was fixing to blow when I gave her a 125 shot. And they (Terminators) just look so good,
not boy racer looking.LOL

4601S/C

Established Member
That Snakebite 2.2 video. I was in awe at that Cobra. Still am a bit. It was the first time I heard a street car scream on both ends. I was hooked at that point. LOVE these cars:pepper:!

Last edited:

JustaGT5408

Established Member
I fell in love with the new edge body style back when I was in middle school and saw a family that I used to Jr. Drag race unveil their new edge 'pro stock' car. I instantly fell in love with that body style and once the 03 cobra's came out I knew that was the car I wanted someday. I picked up my first mustang (99 GT) right after graduating high school and hung onto that until selling it in 2011, then saved my ass off until I was finally able to pick up my dream car last year after graduation college.

Chosyn1

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
couldn't afford a terminator so i sold my bike and got a clean 01 cobra, added boltons & spray and 2 months later some random guy asked to buy it while i was at the gym..made a huge profit and got the 03. :banana:

D-MANN

Established Member
...when I was at the dealership looking at the terminator and realizing i could hang my keys off my penis. Thats when i knew I needed to own one. True story haha.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Always knew about them and loved the looks and thought they made amazing factory power for their time. Brother in-law had an 02 GT with some bolt on's and I had several friends with built fox's growing up, but I was never a huge Mustang fan. I then almost bought an '04 back in '07 and ever since had one in the back of my mind. Started looking to see what was out there in the spring of '12. At first really looking for an electric green '99 Cobra or possibly around an '00 Saleen. I knew it would be a cash purchase, so I was trying to keep it reasonable. Of course the rest I blame on youtube lol - once I started watching videos and hearing that whine and watching them pull - I knew it was a Terminator for me or I would feel like I settled. Spent the next year waiting and watching for the right car. Almost talked myself into a few along the way - but as soon as I saw mine listed on eBay it was love at first sight and knew it was meant to be mine lol.

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
a magazine cover with a torch red terminator on it that said, "12-second quarter mile... stock!"

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
In 2003 was staitioned in Oklahoma, at the time I owned a 2000 GT with bolt ons. Drove a Mach 1 once, than one day went tire kicking at a dealership in OKC (Reynolds Ford) and test drove a Redfire '03 Cobra. Standardized, "wow, weeeeeee" reaction. Finally in 2009 had enough equity in my GT sold it bought my '04 in sig off SVTP.

We have two Cobras now Comp Orange and SY (Bert and Ernie)

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
I have had three mustangs prior to buying a low mileage 04 Cobra Vert.
I always liked the motor internals of the Termi. Forged crank, 6 bolt mains, iron block and the Manley
H-beam rods. Seems like they meant for the motor to last with a lot of abuse. I always
felt like my 98 Cobra was fixing to blow when I gave her a 125 shot. And they (Terminators) just look so good,
not boy racer looking.LOL

The iron block doesn't have six-bolt main caps. The aluminum blocks do, however.

Zerohe

Bro do you even Boost?
Established Member
That exhaust... THAT EXHAUST on these mustangs is unlike anything and its so intoxicating!!!!!! I was always a Viper kid growing up. Loved the hell out of those Vipers. Started watching some youtube vids 3 years back. Saw these Cobras, loved the lines, made awesome power, but goddamn that exhaust had me HOOKED! had been looking ever since. My girlfriends Ex had an 03 ZY and his brother had a 98 Cobra that he hit a tree in. Kept looking and i was torn between SB and Mystichrome, realized they didnt come in Green, saw a Comp orange but it was too far, and then a few months later, buddy of my dads in Michigan calls me up and says I heard you were looking for a Cobra. I said not just any cobra...He cuts me off and says, me and my wife are splittin, you know me and you know how i take care of things. 35K miles, $20K , come get it before i lose it to the Ex Wife! I remember nearly pissing my pants in excitement. I remember just sitting in it, in my driveway for about an hour, just idling. just listening to that EXHAUST! Man i swear its almost as good as sex.

Users who are viewing this thread