What the hell is going on

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
What's wrong with my tone? lol

I didn't want to be banished to the GM tribe. lol

What's really going to get a heated debate....

The rumors are beginning to surface more frequently, and from more than one source, that the 5.0 engines that are failing in #8 cylinder are actually caused by improper assembly at the plant, NOT aftermarket modifications.

Ford's TSB approach to this is absurd. Blaming the customer for a failure that would have occurred stock or modified, due to the assembly process, is a bit off the deep end.

Again, this is a rumor. It could be both.

1. Improper tuning issues from the aftermarket
2. Improper assembly from the factory

Last edited:

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
I didn't want to be banished to the GM tribe. lol

What's really going to get a heated debate....

The rumors are beginning to surface more frequently, and from more than one source, that the 5.0 engines that are failing in #8 cylinder are actually caused by improper assembly at the plant, NOT aftermarket modifications.

Ford's TSB approach to this is absurd. Blaming the customer for a failure that would have occurred stock or modified, due to the assembly process, is a bit off the deep end.

Again, this is a rumor. It could be both.

1. Improper tuning issues from the aftermarket
2. Improper assembly from the factory

Ford apparently sucks at building shit at their plants then. They messed up our transmissions, now the 5.0s are going to crap. They need to hire one some hard working American people & not the cheap illegal aliens.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Over the year's people always felt the Stang was under powered. Wanted more to deal with Camaro's and Firebirds. Now Ford gives you all the power you can handle and need to get the job done and you start complaining that it will not hook. What did you think was going to happen. Now if they fixed the traction problem you'll just scream it won't handle or curve properly. Somethings you have to sacrifice. Your getting the same Stang with the V6 setup with a different suspension and 550# HP. You need to address some issues on your own.

Funny the way the thread went but you guys are bashing two different mustangs. I know the GM crowd has to be loving this. Bet they're not bashing the Vette with the Camaro.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Over the year's people always felt the Stang was under powered. Wanted more to deal with Camaro's and Firebirds. Now Ford gives you all the power you can handle and need to get the job done and you start complaining that it will not hook. What did you think was going to happen. Now if they fixed the traction problem you'll just scream it won't handle or curve properly. Somethings you have to sacrifice. Your getting the same Stang with the V6 setup with a different suspension and 550# HP. You need to address some issues on your own.

Funny the way the thread went but you guys are bashing two different mustangs. I know the GM crowd has to be loving this. Bet they're not bashing the Vette with the Camaro.

The camaro knows it's place...the 5.0 doesn't apparently, so it we have to put it in it's place.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
To make it clear on my standpoint. I'm in no way bashing the 5.0, it's a great engine, and has my respect. In fact, I wouldn't complain one bit if I had a forged 5.0 with TVS under the hood of my Shelby. I'm still happy with my 5.4L though, so it's not required.

davidhuff

Established Member
I would first like to say that I have owned a shelbygt500 and now own a 2012 5.0 auto and they are both great cars.There is a lot of BS about the new 5.0 motor and would like to give a few facts with a Professional Tuned 5.0 Motor:
Kevinp owner
2010 5.0, auto trans and built in may,2010
Roush supercharger kit with over 6,000 miles on it after the install
VMP mail order tune
Stock headers with stock cats
M/T 265-40-18 drag radials with stock gears
10.839 ET
127.49 MPH
These are facts and dam impressive in my book.JMO

F8L SN8K

Established Member
There is always a bigger fish.

Heck I would have wooped up on most GT500s with my old NA 4.6 4v with a manual at the drag strip. So it all really doesn't matter because there is always going to be something faster. And just because you own the top dog doesn't mean you will win every race.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
I would first like to say that I have owned a shelbygt500 and now own a 2012 5.0 auto and they are both great cars.There is a lot of BS about the new 5.0 motor and would like to give a few facts with a Professional Tuned 5.0 Motor:
Kevinp owner
2010 5.0, auto trans and built in may,2010
Roush supercharger kit with over 6,000 miles on it after the install
VMP mail order tune
Stock headers with stock cats
M/T 265-40-18 drag radials with stock gears
10.839 ET
127.49 MPH
These are facts and dam impressive in my book.JMO

I agree...bang for the buck the car is just impressive. Most of us over paid for our 500's and then spent a shit load of money on them and are probably a little bitter deep down inside and justify it by bashing the 5.0. Man I could have a 5.0 for everyday of the week with all the money I have in my car.

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
You won't find me bashing anything. I'm glad Ford stepped up their game with the base model V8's. It didn't seem long ago when many argued if it wasn't even worth modding a 2V GT. That being said, I'll take my fat Shelby over the 5.0 GT any day. If racing was a big priority for me, I would have never sold my KB 2.8H 2V GT, which would run circles around my Shelby with ease.

Last edited:

svt1111

Established Member

LOL, I felt like ranting a little because all I've been hearing lately is 5.0 this and 5.0 that, and the 5.0 is back. **** a 5.0. The 5.4 & 5.0 battle is getting almost as heated as the Z06 & Zr1 guys(Now that's something funny to watch there).

WINNING!!!

Well, I see no reason why GT500 owners and 5.0 owners can't be on the same team here. They're both incredible cars!

You've heard alot of 5.0 this and 5.0 that because most of us who luster after owning a new 5.0 back in the day couldnt afford one! I was making $3.75 an hour back during the glory days of the 5.0, were you even born yet? Lol

Out of curiousity, you make some pretty bold statements about the supremacy of your GT500 over that of modded 5.0's, by chance what does your car trap in the 1/4 mile? ET? My pulley/tune GT500 went 11.44@124. Whipple went 11.01 @ 129. You?

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Oh schnaps. Where is Vanilla Ice with the ragtop down so my hair can blooooow.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member

LOL, I felt like ranting a little because all I've been hearing lately is 5.0 this and 5.0 that, and the 5.0 is back. **** a 5.0. The 5.4 & 5.0 battle is getting almost as heated as the Z06 & Zr1 guys(Now that's something funny to watch there).

WINNING!!!

Well, I see no reason why GT500 owners and 5.0 owners can't be on the same team here. They're both incredible cars!

You've heard alot of 5.0 this and 5.0 that because most of us who luster after owning a new 5.0 back in the day couldnt afford one! I was making $3.75 an hour back during the glory days of the 5.0, were you even born yet? Lol

Out of curiousity, you make some pretty bold statements about the supremacy of your GT500 over that of modded 5.0's, by chance what does your car trap in the 1/4 mile? ET? My pulley/tune GT500 went 11.44@124. Whipple went 11.01 @ 129. You?

Haven't brought it to the track with my new setup yet. I've beaten 10 sec cars that trap in the 130s from a roll thought just for some reference.

svt1111

Established Member
Haven't brought it to the track with my new setup yet. I've beaten 10 sec cars that trap in the 130s from a roll thought just for some reference.

Sounds like you have a strong car there my friend.

What did she run with the old setup?

Probably faster than my 5.0, lol!

Anyway, get it to the track. Let's see what the almighty GT500 will run, lol!

I'm just busting you man, I'm sure she'll run well.

On street tires, with these high powered cars, roll racing is all you can really do. I'd be lying if I said I didn't do it as well, and didn't enjoy it. I've roll raced 15 second stock pushrod GT's and even that was fun ( all under safe conditions obviously). I needed a new haircut before we bit triple digits, but it was still fun ( and funny).

But truthfully, it takes some legit track times under your belt before you come in here and start talking smack! Lol

Last edited:

davidhuff

Established Member
I guess that I do not understand members that street race cars that run 130mph on the street.Come on guys take your car to the race track and have fun.Please explain to me so I will understand street racing.

svt1111

Established Member
Hey Jake,

Your thread has taken an interesting turn, eh? Lol.

As a contributor to this hi-jacking, you have my apollogies!

Track tomorrow night?? Nudge, nudge....

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Sounds like you have a strong car there my friend.

What did she run with the old setup?

Probably faster than my 5.0, lol!

Anyway, get it to the track. Let's see what the almighty GT500 will run, lol!

I'm just busting you man, I'm sure she'll run well.

On street tires, with these high powered cars, roll racing is all you can really do. I'd be lying if I said I didn't do it as well, and didn't enjoy it. I've roll raced 15 second stock pushrod GT's and even that was fun ( all under safe conditions obviously). I needed a new haircut before we bit triple digits, but it was still fun ( and funny).

But truthfully, it takes some legit track times under your belt before you come in here and start talking smack! Lol

On the old setup like you had I trapped the same, 124, but only pulled a 12.45 because I spun all the way down pretty much (street tires & cold weather lol). It's strong now, but I've had nothing but problems with it up until this point. Lightened it up & maxed out the stock blower. I don't do digs because of 2 reasons, first I got KW Variant V3 coilovers, which are meant more for road racing than drag racing so my weight transfer would suck on a hard launch, & I'm scared of breaking my transmission or rear-end with my luck. I doubt you'll ever get any track times for me, if I do go I'd be more worried about my trap speed than my ET. I'm more worried with looks than power now though.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
I guess that I do not understand members that street race cars that run 130mph on the street.Come on guys take your car to the race track and have fun.Please explain to me so I will understand street racing.

Street racing suites high HP cars with traction issues and/or no torque. It requires little effort to roll race and be quick. HP is king. Great for teenagers and imports ;-) street racing from a dig is kind of a different story but those guys are in it for money usually and don't want the hassle of tech and officials at the track(or a track is closed or far away).

Most of all street racing is a social thing. Positive and negative

I street raced a little when I was a little younger(28 now) and all my friends still do and I think it's incredibly dangerous no matter how "safe" you think you are being and refuse to be around it. I could live at the track though.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member

Well there's a few reasons. Some people don't live close to a track. There's 2 tracks by me, No Problem & State Capital. No Problem sucks terribly with track prep & is a little bit over an hour away. State Capital is a decent track, but is more than an hour and a half away. Don't dare speed there either due to all the state police that sit in hiding spots. Another reason is if someone with a 10 second car goes to a track and doesn't have the proper safety equipment they require, they'd get booted, so what's the fun in that. Street Racing is more convenient, especially from a roll since a cop really won't have a shot to catch you. When we do it down here, this may sound very hypocritical, but we make sure it's as safe as it can be. We don't do it during traffic hour, but more like after 10 at night on a desolate long patch of road. We have people go ahead in front of us a ways up to make sure the roads clear, we have people behind us to make sure it's clear as well. If you watch some street racing on the net, they're flying past regular cars in traffic weaving in and out doing 160...that's not what we do so I can't speak for all roll racers. It's still dangerous as hell, but if anything we are the one's that are putting our own selves at risk & try to keep any innocent bystander out of that equation. If the roads not clear when we go, we come back & wait. The dig racing part is the same way. They pick a desolate area where hardly no one travels and do it form there. If there's any passing traffic they wait for that traffic to pass & is a safe distance away before they go at it again. It's not safe, but we try to keep people that don't participate in it out of the risk of injury. It's stupid & dangerous, but convenient.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Here's what they call the Super Bowl of Street Racing:TX2KXX

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxTAbxIAMU4"]YouTube - ‪TX2K11 - 1300 - 1500hp TT Lambo's vs 300hp Busa 1100hp TT Viper vs 1200hp Supra‬‏[/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread