What the hell is going on

svt1111

Established Member
On the old setup like you had I trapped the same, 124, but only pulled a 12.45 because I spun all the way down pretty much (street tires & cold weather lol). It's strong now, but I've had nothing but problems with it up until this point. Lightened it up & maxed out the stock blower. I don't do digs because of 2 reasons, first I got KW Variant V3 coilovers, which are meant more for road racing than drag racing so my weight transfer would suck on a hard launch, & I'm scared of breaking my transmission or rear-end with my luck. I doubt you'll ever get any track times for me, if I do go I'd be more worried about my trap speed than my ET. I'm more worried with looks than power now though.

124 is moving for 12.45!

I hear what your saying.

Anything can break, anytime. You mod the crap out of something, it breaks, you fix it. Simple as that. Would I be mad if I had the #8 issue? Sure would, but I made my car produce 202 rwhp more than stock, so I really couldn't cry to Ford about it, could I?

In the same way, while your car still features a stock blower ( no one could tell it's ported), would you bring it to the dealer if you blew up something in your driveline while attempting to launch a 4000+ car with 650 rwtq and sticky tires? I know I wouldn't because I took the chance when I modded it.

I could care less about all the hoopla surrounding this Ford TSB concerning mods. It's nothing new, nor is it unreasonable. If you sold your car to someone, and they put twins on it and it made twice the HP than how you delivered it to them, then they break the motor, would you cover the cost of a new motor? Didn't think so. Lol.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Weather looks like shit tomorrow! What a shock. Perhaps next Wed!!!!!
I love that people can beat so and so on the street. Bla bla bla.
Run down the 1/4 for my respect, as we all know these cars are a pure mother****er to launch!

svt1111

Established Member
Weather looks like shit tomorrow! What a shock. Perhaps next Wed!!!!!
I love that people can beat so and so on the street. Bla bla bla.
Run down the 1/4 for my respect, as we all know these cars are a pure mother****er to launch!

Yes, I found the GT500 to be a very hard car to drive at the track with the instant power. I went 11.44 @ 124 with only 506 rwhp and that was pretty easy, but for me, surprisingly, the twin screw made it hard to drive at the track. I don't have the skills of alot of the hot shoes who post on here.

I'm hoping the rain stays south. If it does, then I'm trailering up and hoping to see how pathetic my 60' is with stock gears and converter! Lol

svt1111

Established Member
Trailering the 2011 5.0 ?

Yeah.

I have DR's on the stock wheels, which if it rains down here (I'm an hour and a half from the track) I'd rather not drive that distance with the tires in the rain.

Also I want the advantage of a cool motor/blower. It's summer and the humidity in New England kills DA so I'll take whatever advantage I can get.

Also don't want to sit in traffic for an hour in the GT because I was having some issues with the 60# injectors hunting at idle (these cars run HIGH base fuel pressure) and while we've been nipping away at it one tune change at a time, I have very little miles on this tune to take a chance when I have a perfectly good truck and trailer I can take instead. We've got the shifts pretty good now, so I want to see what it does before I decide on how big of a gear I want in there. It launches s-o-f-t now. For some reason it ripped off the line stock, but to me it seems lazy for the first 60'. It's a centi blower so no real surprise but I can't figure out why it feels slower than stock off the line. Oh well.

Just hope it doesn't rain.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
124 is moving for 12.45!

I hear what your saying.

Anything can break, anytime. You mod the crap out of something, it breaks, you fix it. Simple as that. Would I be mad if I had the #8 issue? Sure would, but I made my car produce 202 rwhp more than stock, so I really couldn't cry to Ford about it, could I?

In the same way, while your car still features a stock blower ( no one could tell it's ported), would you bring it to the dealer if you blew up something in your driveline while attempting to launch a 4000+ car with 650 rwtq and sticky tires? I know I wouldn't because I took the chance when I modded it.

I could care less about all the hoopla surrounding this Ford TSB concerning mods. It's nothing new, nor is it unreasonable. If you sold your car to someone, and they put twins on it and it made twice the HP than how you delivered it to them, then they break the motor, would you cover the cost of a new motor? Didn't think so. Lol.

I haven't brought it in for that but I brought it in for a failed intercooler pump & some other issues that they covered under warranty.

Also that 124 was my best. I was averaging around 122-123. The 12.45 was due to me spinning, but the more you spin I hear the higher the trap will be usually..Not sure how accurate that is but it's whatever. I should have run mid 11s like most pulley, tune, exhaust gt500 does.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
As a current '11 5.0 owner, and former GT500 owner, I feel somewhat qualified to make the following statements:

Stock for stock: I'm an average guy, GT500 in 85 degree air and heat soaked, 13.4@ 109. 2011 GT bone stock, 70 degree air, auto trans: 12.9@112, both 60' were in the 2.1-2.2 range both cars.

The heatsoak issue is more a factor for 07-09 GT500's than the newer models. Us older cars rely on IAT's for timing tables while the newer cars use knock sensors and get more timing and don't drop off nearly as much. Your GT uses knock sensors that's why it seems to run the same run after run.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Well there's a few reasons. Some people don't live close to a track. There's 2 tracks by me, No Problem & State Capital. No Problem sucks terribly with track prep & is a little bit over an hour away. State Capital is a decent track, but is more than an hour and a half away. Don't dare speed there either due to all the state police that sit in hiding spots. Another reason is if someone with a 10 second car goes to a track and doesn't have the proper safety equipment they require, they'd get booted, so what's the fun in that. Street Racing is more convenient, especially from a roll since a cop really won't have a shot to catch you. When we do it down here, this may sound very hypocritical, but we make sure it's as safe as it can be. We don't do it during traffic hour, but more like after 10 at night on a desolate long patch of road. We have people go ahead in front of us a ways up to make sure the roads clear, we have people behind us to make sure it's clear as well. If you watch some street racing on the net, they're flying past regular cars in traffic weaving in and out doing 160...that's not what we do so I can't speak for all roll racers. It's still dangerous as hell, but if anything we are the one's that are putting our own selves at risk & try to keep any innocent bystander out of that equation. If the roads not clear when we go, we come back & wait. The dig racing part is the same way. They pick a desolate area where hardly no one travels and do it form there. If there's any passing traffic they wait for that traffic to pass & is a safe distance away before they go at it again. It's not safe, but we try to keep people that don't participate in it out of the risk of injury. It's stupid & dangerous, but convenient.

I know Omar has gone 10.49 in his 5.0 at SCR and 10.5x at NPR and they haven't booted him yet. I've gone many sub 11.49 passes and haven't been told anything at SCR, Gulfport, or NPR. I went 11.28 at SCR and all they did was hand me my timeslip.

You should've bought my Dr's. Christ I had them forsale for almost 6 months.

Let's get a track day together and see what you can do with another 100+rhwp over me. Unless you're skeered. ;-) BTW, I'm just :poke:, so don't take offense.:beer:

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
I know Omar has gone 10.49 in his 5.0 at SCR and 10.5x at NPR and they haven't booted him yet. I've gone many sub 11.49 passes and haven't been told anything at SCR, Gulfport, or NPR. I went 11.28 at SCR and all they did was hand me my timeslip.

You should've bought my Dr's. Christ I had them forsale for almost 6 months.

Let's get a track day together and see what you can do with another 100+rhwp over me. Unless you're skeered. ;-) BTW, I'm just :poke:, so don't take offense.:beer:

Nah I'm sticking to my roll racing. I roll raced a supercharged c5 z06 last night. Fun times.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
results? How many psi is the Vette, and how much power?

He's around 600rwhp on a vortech. Forgot the PSI. I lost by a car from a 50-150 because I was heat soaking due to it being 85 degrees and humid. (IAT2s were 125 starting & 140 ending the race & i pull timing at 125) He had Meth, I was on pump gas. I'm very pleased with the outcome since I have alot more room to go with the Meth kit ima get and then no timing being pulled with a race gas tune.

Last edited:

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Add nitrous. No more heat soak /discussion! LOL!

Don't want anymore power. With a 50 shot ill be pushing the stock block to it's limits. Also, with nitrous you need race gas and make sure the bottle pressures right and fill up the bottle constantly. Meth involves alot less maintenance and is better for a daily driven application. If I run into someone unexpectedly that wants to run, ill be on pump gas, but if i have Meth its race gas on tap then. Meth = one tune, nitrous = multiple tunes needed. It's safer and ill have all the sensors that'll tell me its spraying properly and not running low. Also Meth kits are cheaper in the long run.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Don't want anymore power. With a 50 shot ill be pushing the stock block to it's limits. Also, with nitrous you need race gas and make sure the bottle pressures right and fill up the bottle constantly. Meth involves alot less maintenance and is better for a daily driven application. If I run into someone unexpectedly that wants to run, ill be on pump gas, but if i have Meth its race gas on tap then. Meth = one tune, nitrous = multiple tunes needed. It's safer and ill have all the sensors that'll tell me its spraying properly and not running low. Also Meth kits are cheaper in the long run.

Meh, rather take my chances with nitrous. In the event I'm out in my 500 and I'm not on my A-game, my pump gas tune will dispell 99% of cars on the road(Mid 10's @135). Now if I'm coming out to race, you'd better bring all you got because I dont hesitate to bring the pain!

Advantages of nitrous over Meth

1. Huge Tq increase
2. Lower inlet temps when using 100 shot or more
3. On/Off power controll

Disadvantages of nitrous over meth

1. Fill cost
2. Multiple tunes
3. Not for the unskilled drivers

What's your setup now that your pushing it to it's limits?

Last edited:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
is he talkin about pushing the motor to the limits or the spinning the stock blower to its limits

rdsnk46

Established Member
is he talkin about pushing the motor to the limits or the spinning the stock blower to its limits

Not sure how the stock blower could come close to breaking the factory motor unless he's spraying over 200hp of nitrous. He must have an aftermarket blower turned up on high boost. I ran A KB 2.8H with 21.5 psi and a 75 shot with no issue, only time I had a problem was when I upped the shot to 100 dry on a hot summer night, the rod said bye bye with the crappy air an extra strain! LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread