What's the best oil for YOUR Shelby, answers within.

shadyninja

Been There, Wrecked That
Established Member
vanjuen,

Read up on the technology of Donaldson/Amsoil Nano Fiber media oil filters. The new media allows the filtration of particles down to 15 microns @ 98.7% efficiency, yet still free flow as well as your cheapest filters that only filter to 20 microns @ similar efficiency.

Nano filber filter media technology was developed by Donaldson for the M1 Abrams Tank. The military required air filtration that was able to filter the finest dirt particles in the deserts of Iraq, be cleanable in the field (no oil allowed), and flow enough air to allow the high horsepower turbines to breathe. They gave the military exactly what they were looking for, and more.

Shady,

Thanks for the pics.

feel free to use them any time,

I had even loaned my cutter to Sid for his filter "thread" he is working on. But he told me it will end up being a "filter study website"

Last edited by a moderator:

mobeydick

Established Member
WOW dude you are just sad. That's the tech you decided to use to validate your claims?

Actually it is comical, you really have not been doing your oil research, or perhaps you just stopped after reading that relic of an article.

That is so messed up it is not even worth analyzing all the flawed assumptions and their lack of application to this discussion.

At least you tried.
We can now feel a little more justified in ignoring you going forward, at least I can.
You just exposed yourself.

That is actual Research/Test. Posting Volunteered Information then claiming FACT based on that is NOT RESEARCH. ULB HAS DONE NO RESEARCH, PERIOD. NO-ONE EXCEPT FORD (To my Knowledge) has done the RESEARCH on this and Ford has stated what they will warranty!

SVTPerformance may be in bed with Amsoil at this point I don’t Know! I do Know what RESEARCH is and ULB has not done any! I do KNOW he LIED about his intentions on this site! He is here to sell AMSOIL!

If ULB has Actual RESEARCH. HE should post up the ACTUAL TEST procedures like the one I did. And the RESULTS!

That last statement makes it clear SVTPerformance is in a monetary arrangement with this Amsoil Asshat!!

mobeydick

Established Member
testing is very legit, however what you're sighting is not relevant to the motors we all have. So there is no purpose to posting it.

Your continued protests are really making you look silly IMHO.
He has done NO TESTING. If you think he has please get him to post the testing actual testing procedures!

mobeydick

Established Member
Don't forget Motul including the race forumula :)

Back to the general debate on the validity of the posts. Unleashed has posted very useful information and others have as well. I appreciate it.

I don't think anyone expects double-blind fully controlled oil tests fit for journal publishing to be on a web forum. When individuals post used oil analysis results here, it helps people make a better informed decision as to what oil they want to use if they are looking for better protection, a general idea how far they can go between oil changes, and see details of engine debri at various stages of mileage.

In my case, I ran several different brands of oil through previous turbo cars to see how they held up. Some did significantly worse than others and I was glad I changed each one at about 2K miles as some were done by then. I simply am not willing to be the test bunny on my GT500. Everyone, I hope, understands that the actual test results need to be taken with a grain of salt due to a number of variables that can impact the tests such as driving style, mods, climate, dust, etc. That being said, it is still useful information. You just need common sense to know how the tests can be useful to your particular situation. The UOA tests take away the guess work and opinion. I, for one, don't give a crap if you and your family have always used XYZ oil for 25 years and say you've never had an engine failure. Good for you...that tells me nothing other than the oil kept it from failing.

There really should be a sticky thread where actual UOA tests are posted with the basic car info attached - location, mods, driving style, tracked or not and if so, 1/8, 1/4, road racing, HPDE. Nothing else. People use crap Lexol and Armor All too...it's ok but not in the same league as Leatherique. People use turtle wax...great...I look for something better. These oil threads are in the same vain - looking for something better than "meh, good enough". If this does not apply to you, you don't need to post in this thread. A lot of us are pretty smart here and don't need someone to save us from the evil of the internet.

That would be a good first start to getting some antidotal data! If we could somehow get some people with totally stock GT500s to post there UOAs we would have a control group!

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Control Group? Like I said, too many other factors involved. This ain't testing for publication in a journal and there is no true control group possible. You won't get anything but informative UOA that you need some common sense to read and apply the data. UOA serve a purpose and are useful. Man...I tell ya....you need to let it go...seriously. Just stop reading this thread...you are way too emotional about this. It's just a website.

Last edited:

mobeydick

Established Member
Without a control group, there is no Research/Test, its just Opinion/Theory based on unsupported information! Can someone sell products with Opinion and Theory based on unsupported information. Clearly the answer to that is YES! Is it ethical, that’s for everyone to decide on there own!

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

Without a control group, there is no Research/Test, its just Opinion/Theory based on unsupported information! Can someone sell products with Opinion and Theory based on unsupported information. Clearly the answer to that is YES!

Reminds me a of a debate on Heat Exchangers where one had testing and the other didn't, still hasn't. :lol1:

mobeydick

Established Member
Reminds me a of a debate on Heat Exchangers where one had testing and the other didn't, still hasn't. :lol1:
I don't think I posted in that one. I'm sure your product is great. I do have the early non-fan equipped AFCO and for the little bit of racing I do it works fine for now. I will be up-grading it at some point though. I may just add fans to what I have. My car is not a race car. If it was a drag car I would get rid of the front mounted unit altogether.

Van@RevanRacing

I don't think I posted in that one. I'm sure your product is great. I do have the early non-fan equipped AFCO and for the little bit of racing I do it works fine for now. I will be up-grading it at some point though. I may just add fans to what I have. My car is not a race car. If it was a drag car I would get rid of the front mounted unit altogether.

Most of the guys running my heat exchanger are daily drivers or weekend cruisers. Just so happens that I tested it in the most extreme conditions possible.

BTW: I don't know if you are a paid verdor on this site but at least you don't hide what you do and are not ashamed of what you do!

Yes, I am an Authorized Paying Vendor on SVT Performance. If I were not a paying vendor I'd get warned by SID :nono:

shadyninja

Been There, Wrecked That
Established Member

Mobey:

How about I ban you!? :dw:

Until I have time to review this thread and catch up from being out of town, you are NOT to post in this thread again! :read:

ban-hamster.jpg

mobeydick

Established Member

He can ban anyone he chooses for any reason he chooses, even you. You seem to show up a lot on the site Unleashedbeast moderates! BTW: He is the only one who starts oil related threads on that site! Most likely he does that on a lot of sites!

I’ve proved Unleastbeast is a LIAR that he has NO CLINICAL PROOF Amsoil is any better then even a Group 2 based oil and that his presents here is for one reason, that reason is shilling. Now if there is a monetary transaction between Unleashedbeast and SVTPerformance that makes The people running SVTPerformance co-conspirators in an Illegal form of advertizing!

shadyninja

Been There, Wrecked That
Established Member
MobyDICK I think a admin/mod specifically told you to refrain from posting here, did they not?
It seems most people are siding with ULB than you, and every time you touch your keyboard the number of people on your side shrinks.
And from the few other forums you tried your antics on the case is the same.

vankuen

Established Member
(p.s. The only thing he proved is that he's got nothing to back his claims). While he implied it, someone ELSE proved the account number stuff for the website.

Though it's all still irrelevant. All we care about here is what is the best thing for the car. I'm about to buy Redline 5w-50 myself (7 qts), and some DTF D4 for the tranny (4 qts), a 15k Amsoil oil filter, and a leak free drain bucket.

By the way, found this online...anyone ever seen it or heard of it being used on Ford Mustangs?

QuickOilDrainValve.com - the best way to change oil Does anyone know the measurements for the drain bolt? 14mm by 1.5??

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
By the way, found this online...anyone ever seen it or heard of it being used on Ford Mustangs?

QuickOilDrainValve.com - the best way to change oil Does anyone know the measurements for the drain bolt? 14mm by 1.5??

I would be scared that thing would fail, and open up on it's own. I know it has a safety lock, but I think it would be easier on my mind to just use a threaded plug every time. We discussed this plug over at Mustang Forums (oil forums).

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
i would be scared that thing would fail, and open up on it's own. I know it has a safety lock, but i think it would be easier on my mind to just use a threaded plug every time. We discussed this plug over at mustang forums (oil forums).

+1

vankuen

Established Member
Yea...that's what I was worried about. The car's already low. If something were to hit it, or if the dual seal failed...bad joo joo and bye bye engine. I'd probably want an oil pressure gauge to go along with it! lol.

Bulldogger

Established Member
I would be scared that thing would fail, and open up on it's own. I know it has a safety lock, but I think it would be easier on my mind to just use a threaded plug every time. We discussed this plug over at Mustang Forums (oil forums).

I use one on my Duramax diesel all you need to do is use a spring clamp to slide down over the top when it is in the closed position. One piece of the spring clamp lays in the cut grove for the drain switch and believe me it ain't gonna open. Beauty is oil can be at temp when you go to drain without any chance of getting burned.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Name calling outside of smack down and nonconstructive posting.

Mobeydick -->pointed himself out = banned.

If you are going to disagree, and do it repeatedly, it must be constructive and non-contentious.

Repeatedly making empty claims without tech backup over and over and over is nonconstructive.

Name calling outside of smack down is what it is.

Have a nice vacation.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread