What's the most boost you'd run on 11:1 & E85?

Bud

Established Member
This makes me happy (not the rod part :/ ). I've been scared about giving 20psi a go on my built motor with a stock un-sleeved block. Hopefully the block hangs at that pressure.

Guess I should update. We smacked my car (11:1, e85) with 21psi quite a few times and it lived on the stock block/sleeves. Not something I'd feel comfortable doing all the time but it took it.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Guess I should update. We smacked my car (11:1, e85) with 21psi quite a few times and it lived on the stock block/sleeves. Not something I'd feel comfortable doing all the time but it took it.

That's good to hear Bud. I'm contemplating a built motor but not sure which route to go. Can you give cliffs notes on your motor? Stock block/sleeve I gather so far. "Just" a piston/rod motor?

Bud

Established Member
That's good to hear Bud. I'm contemplating a built motor but not sure which route to go. Can you give cliffs notes on your motor? Stock block/sleeve I gather so far. "Just" a piston/rod motor?

Motor was diamond pistons, manley billet i-beams, billet oil pump gears, and MMR valve springs and titanium retainers. Stock block/sleeves/crank/heads/cams. Did incredibly well for a simple combo. If I was starting from square one again though, I'd do good sleeves right out the gate instead of doing it later.

Ford still sucks for not just releasing a cheap bulletproof iron block.

Bud

Established Member
Bud how much power did you make on 21psi ?

Not sure, have guesstimated using calculators to see how much power to push 3250lb 165.5mph in the 1/4. Most calcs put it in the 1150hp range at the crank. Trying a different converter when we go back together with it, should be tighter on the top end so hopefully get some more mph out of it. We also upgraded from the little .68ar hotside 60mm magnums to .81 6266 precisions while it was apart though, so not going to get a straight comparison of what the converter gets us for gains.

Doug1227

Established Member
My question as the OP was based on needing to make a decision between the 11:1 and 9.5:1 Aluminator crate motors. Based on everyone's feedback, I went with the 11:1. I'm currently on E85 and a conservative 15#'s (750/600). I'd consider throwing another 3-4 #'s at it to end up a little closer to 850rwhp.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I'm taking a little out of mine on the rebuild. Thicker head gaskets will get it down to 11.2:1. 18 psi or maybe a touch more.

Users who are viewing this thread