Whats up with all the 2011 GT threads being moved

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
One other thing to note. I purposely left the redirects to show those that threads indeed are moved. In past I have not showed the re-directs. Mainly the reason for it appearing that a lot of threads are being moved.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Listen I respect everything you guys do on this forum and I must say its the best on the internet when it comes to info on mods and stuff like that, but some of the threads being moved shouldnt be moved.

Might want to read the rules again, questioning moderation won't get you very far. We are trying a few new things.

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
I've been a big fan of svtp from the time I joined and the main reason was the layout and that you could go to one section and find the info you're looking for. When I had my L I hardly left the L section. Now that I have the 5.0 I never leave this section. I like the content on s197 a lot but don't care for the way it's laid out. Just my 2 pennies.

Edit: wow just realized I've been a member here going on 6 years. Wow time flies.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
I agree, for instance my thread about NT05R's and a detailed description on how they effected the driving ability of a 2011+ certainly seems like this would be the right place to put it. Not questioning or barking... Just kinda made me giggle. Appreciate the redirect though!

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
It does seem really different lately, and yes a lot of the general content has been sort of chit-chat. I know a lot of things being moved go into sections I never visit. I'm guessing as more people own these cars and find their way to the 2011+ forum it's getting to be an overload. Maybe all the moved threads could go into a 2011+ only non-tech subsection?

Turbo900rr

Established Member
It does seem really different lately, and yes a lot of the general content has been sort of chit-chat. I know a lot of things being moved go into sections I never visit. I'm guessing as more people own these cars and find their way to the 2011+ forum it's getting to be an overload. Maybe all the moved threads could go into a 2011+ only non-tech subsection?

Agreed,
I really love this site and like being able to go to one section and see everything. If the site does switch to the tech and misc sections. I hope it's like the 2011 market part section where you can click on the top of the page to see the stuff for v-6s. That way we don't have to hunt through a bunch of pages.

acrbill

Established Member
svtp is my fav site because they pretty much allow the 5.0 forum to act almost independently from the rest of the site. If this thread moving keeps up I am done.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
I dig the cleanup adds organization. The site is called SVT perf so I don't expect a ton of info regarding 11-13 5.0's.

For the drag radial question grabber....google it if your having trouble searching here.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

I'm in favor of splitting this forum into 2 sections, Tech and Talk. That would seem to keep most happy and add a bit of organization.

I dig the cleanup adds organization. The site is called SVT perf so I don't expect a ton of info regarding 11-13 5.0's.

For the drag radial question grabber....google it if your having trouble searching here.

If you notice in the main search screen, we have a Google search feature integrated into the site that only search SVTP.

01bluesnake

Established Member
I'm in favor of splitting this forum into 2 sections, Tech and Talk. That would seem to keep most happy and add a bit of organization.

I think to have a tech/part testing section and the "everything else 5.0" where people can post vids, pics and just talk would be more than sufficient. These cars are just getting more and more popular and I see one section just not being suitable for long.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I agree, for instance my thread about NT05R's and a detailed description on how they effected the driving ability of a 2011+ certainly seems like this would be the right place to put it. Not questioning or barking... Just kinda made me giggle. Appreciate the redirect though!

:shrug: Your thread was very generic and basically an overview of the tire. I will also point out that it got a lot more exposure in RS and probably a lot more replies.

Got these on today (315/40R/17) Absolutely Killer on the street! No burnout/dust-off and did a few 3500 launches and you just hear pavement rip up! I'm finally able to grab 2nd as hard as I want and again just a deep sounding "CHOMP!" No feathering needed no carrying 2nd gear sideways for 20 ft. Can't wait to finally get my car to the track waiting for a relativly cool evening as the closest track is 2 hours'ish away.

For anyone looking for drag radials the NT05's are night and day better than a 555 or a Mickey (I have ran both on prior vehicles)

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
The board has sections for a reason.

If you post a "Photoshoot" thread guess where it goes?

If you post a pic of a part asking what is it guess where it stays?

Everyone has an opinion on what should be here, well if it fits better in another section it should be moved.

BTW, it was me who moved a few threads so don't blame justin for everything.
But people need to post with common sense.

With the number of threads and members here it is starting to get to jumbled up and just to many threads of non tech and pics and just general BS.

Some of you need to venture out a bit.

We are taking the time to explain our thought process and what we are attempting but just to prove a point,

This thread should not even been here, This should have been handled in a PM.
Just shows me how many actually read the rules around here.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
No, build threads normally stay.

What you guys need to understand is that as a section grows running it is a work in progress.

We know we won't make everyone happy but you need to bear with the changes.
Some changes may not stay if we see they don't work as well as we thought.

The poll on splitting the section was almost 50/50 so half may be happy and half won't.

Bottom line is the section is getting too big to leave everything as one.
If it stays as 1 them people will need to learn that there are other sections of the site that are more appropriate for some threads.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
so the kdanner call out thread can stay? i think it should have been moved to smack down. everyone has seen the BS those dudes start and it has nothing to do with tech, how to or even a hey look at my wheels thread. but if i post a few pics of my car here for people to check out the exterior mods iv done it will get moved to the pics and vids area. for those of us that usually stick to a few areas here its kind of a pain in the ass really. i dont want to have to sift thru 3 new pages of pics and vids to see if anyone posted 2011 mustang stuff. i like it all being in one area but just weed out the bs. im all in or organization but in this instance it seems different like on s197 which i hate.

Users who are viewing this thread