which 1pc driveshaft to go with..

SNSTR50

Established Member
I just got my Axle Exchange DS in the other day, it'll go on when I get the time. I can't speak for it yet, but have heard nothing but good things about them, and all of their shafts are made to order.

grnenvy

Established Member
This will be my 3rd try for the 1 piece DS. This time I'm trying the DSS aluminum from Lethal. I should get it tomarrow I will post honest results. If it vibrates or makes any noise it comes out as fast as it went in.

texican

Established Member
I bought my DSS during the group buy a few months back. I had less than 3000 miles on it, all suspension was stock at the time when the CV apparently went bad. I was driving on the highway when I started to feel a slight vibration, it got progressively worse to the point where I had to ride the brake if I wanted the car to move at all without a lot of noise and vibration. It made for a LONG trip home.

That being said, DSS' customer service was great and warrantied the d/s. They informed me that the CV was worn and have since changed whoever it is they use for their CV's.

Up until then, the original driveshaft had performed flawlessly, no vibration up to 130ish where I let off. I have not yet installed the new driveshaft.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
This will be my 3rd try for the 1 piece DS. This time I'm trying the DSS aluminum from Lethal. I should get it tomarrow I will post honest results. If it vibrates or makes any noise it comes out as fast as it went in.

What other mods do you have?

casper gt

Established Member
I have a shaftmasters unit in my car & wouln't consider others personally.

I have installed or helped guys install most other brands with varing degrees of minor to major problems (some fit well, some didn't some vibrated, some didn't) but every one I've dealt with other than shaftmasters had some sort of issue.

thats just my personally experiance.

nordy racer

Established Member
i order from Shaftmasters today.. i was able to talk to them for about 30 minutes asking them questions about their DS.. they stated they should be able to ship by Monday and i should be able to get it on the car by next weekend so i can hit the track to see the difference..

also order a Circle D Converter too :)

now i'm wondering if i should look into a Boss Intake for my auto..

Last edited:

kingcobra323

Established Member
nice upgrades

If only i could purchase both. I'm in limbo shaftmasters or protorque converter. Both around $600. If you run just drive shaft see if you improve. Thanks

nordy racer

Established Member
If only i could purchase both. I'm in limbo shaftmasters or protorque converter. Both around $600. If you run just drive shaft see if you improve. Thanks

i sure will.. the converter will take about 2 weeks to build and ship, so that should get me time to test the DS by it self... if i can get 2 tenths out of the DS i will be REALLY happy..

RC-5.0

Established Member
IM surprised in 2 pages not one mention of this one:

2011 up V8 Mustang

IM getting this one by Steeda this Wednesday (simply because they are local). They are also used by Beefcake, and I would recommend if you are ordering one for shipment, to order from him.

RC

casper gt

Established Member
IM surprised in 2 pages not one mention of this one:

2011 up V8 Mustang

IM getting this one by Steeda this Wednesday (simply because they are local). They are also used by Beefcake, and I would recommend if you are ordering one for shipment, to order from him.

RC

I think they slip thru the cracks because no one wants to change the pinion flange & all the potential headaches that entails.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I think they slip thru the cracks because no one wants to change the pinion flange & all the potential headaches that entails.

Main reason why I did not go with axle exchange.

When I was looking at a 1 piece aluminum driveshaft I looked at all the brands, axle exchange, shaftmasters, DSS and dynotech. I ended up talking to a couple of the manufactures and almost went with the shaftmasters.

What sold me on the dynotech was reviews that I found on it and that they are the leading driveshaft manufacture for NASCAR and multiple other raceing organization's.

-Thomas

RC-5.0

Established Member

I guess most guys are doing it themselves on Jackstands. Im having Steeda do mine while they are adjusting the headers..one hour labor. They have no problem with this part of it.

RC

BMR Tech

We are still rocking the stock 2-pc with 1.4 sixty foots. When it goes, we will probably end up with a Shaftmasters, primarily because that is the brand that is mentioned the most to me each day when I am on the phone with my customers.

I have heard great things about all of them, I personally do not believe you can go "wrong" with any path you decide to take. Give us some feedback!

Blackmagic1

Established Member
I just got my Axle Exchange DS in the other day, it'll go on when I get the time. I can't speak for it yet, but have heard nothing but good things about them, and all of their shafts are made to order.
+1 for Axle Exchange ! Put one on my 06, NO problems at all. Willget one for my 13 soon

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Why do you suppose the factory d/s comes with those heavy weight dampners on it? do these cars vibrate that much to need that? Because you know none of these aluminum d/s dont have any weight dampners!

RC-5.0

Established Member
Why do you suppose the factory d/s comes with those heavy weight dampners on it? do these cars vibrate that much to need that? Because you know none of these aluminum d/s dont have any weight dampners!

They are only about 1/2 the weight and are one piece!

RC

Users who are viewing this thread