which 1pc driveshaft to go with..

nordy racer

Established Member
damn Shaftmasters was quick with my order.. UPS just dropped it off..order on Thursday and arrived today (Tuesday).. the piece looks great and i step on the scale and it comes in at 16 to 17lbs (old school scale lol)..

picstwo051_zpsd913dfc0.jpg

picstwo052_zpsf899ecab.jpg

now i will install it this week and hit the track this weekend to see what ET's i can pull. hopefully the converter will get here soon also :)..

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
damn Shaftmasters was quick with my order.. UPS just dropped it off..order on Thursday and arrived today (Tuesday).. the piece looks great and i step on the scale and it comes in at 16 to 17lbs (old school scale lol)..

picstwo051_zpsd913dfc0.jpg

picstwo052_zpsf899ecab.jpg

now i will install it this week and hit the track this weekend to see what ET's i can pull. hopefully the converter will get here soon also :)..

let us know how it goes

ah4449

Svt browser
Established Member
I bought my DSS during the group buy a few months back. I had less than 3000 miles on it, all suspension was stock at the time when the CV apparently went bad. I was driving on the highway when I started to feel a slight vibration, it got progressively worse to the point where I had to ride the brake if I wanted the car to move at all without a lot of noise and vibration. It made for a LONG trip home.

That being said, DSS' customer service was great and warrantied the d/s. They informed me that the CV was worn and have since changed whoever it is they use for their CV's.

Up until then, the original driveshaft had performed flawlessly, no vibration up to 130ish where I let off. I have not yet installed the new driveshaft.

Good to know as I started that group buy... I have had no issues with my DSS unit so far and no noticeable NVH. Definitely felt like it cleaned up a little drivetrain slop too which is always nice.

deepblue13

Established Member
I installed my DSS this weekend. Was easy on 4 jack stands. There is a small bit of vibration at low RPM but haven't experienced any at the higher RPM.

Fun4me

Established Member
I installed my DSS this weekend. Was easy on 4 jack stands. There is a small bit of vibration at low RPM but haven't experienced any at the higher RPM.

Rpm should have nothing to do with ds vibes. Speed matters. Your probably feeling some increased nvh from the sloppy trans.

naeem5oh

Established Member
my DSS one broke... sent it in today to see if they can repair or replace it. but it was awesome while it worked!!!

Deespeed99

Established Member
I had a shaftmasters put on today and it is really nice! No vibration or additional NVH at all. It got rid of the factory driveshaft clunk also.

nordy racer

Established Member
Were you able to install today? what's the verdict?

yup.. it went on without a single problem.. its a litle bit louder drive train noice but thats about it. i think its because i have a soild upper. the motor does feel like it spins up quicker but i'm running on my street tires so i couldnt really get into it hard.. i'm heading to the track on Wednesday night then to Ocean City MD fo hotrod weekend :banana:

nordy racer

Established Member
I had a shaftmasters put on today and it is really nice! No vibration or additional NVH at all. It got rid of the factory driveshaft clunk also.

i must have just missed you. Ron said that he had another DS he put on in the AM was that you?

Users who are viewing this thread