Which catback, and where can I get a good deal?

DRIVINGLESSON

Established Member
Fellas,

I am eagerly awaiting delivery of my Mustang, and taking advantage of the wait time by researching exhaust. I could use your input on brands, and I am really interested on where you found a good deal. As for sound, I am not looking for maxium volume, and I don't like a raspy exhaust. I've been listening to a lot of the soundclips on YouTube, and I really like the sound of the Gibson, and MAC pro-chamber catback systems. Thoughts? Also, eBay has some deals on Magnaflow Street and Competition for under $900; my only concern is the Street being too quiet, and the Competition being too loud.

jdcobra

Established Member
American muscle, late model restoration, lethal performance, cj pony parts, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdcobra

Established Member
Nope lol
You can call and tell them you're with svtp and see what they will do but other then that, wait for a sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SR56

Established Member
Best I could do was AM with the 6% off. No sales tax or shipping charges. They're based outside of FL, so I saved the sales tax. I went with Corsa. If you're not in Florida, look up Lethal Performance. Once you sign up with their website you get automatic discounts on some stuff and they had the best base price on Corsa stuff. Check with Steeda as well since they have a 10% for forum members. Just have to watch where they ship from to avoid the taxes.

You won't find anything more than 10% Believe me, I tried. Lol

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Zodiac

Established Member
Definitely check out Solo-Performance as well. Three different setups for whatever loudness you want. Deep and not raspy. If you want on the quieter side check out the Mach XV.

Zemedici

Established Member
Gibson is good if you have no intention of ever doing headers, if you do, the exhaust sounds like junk. Otherwise it sounds very good as a catback only system

Stainless works is what we use at my shop exclusively. High quality and good sound as a catback only, or as a full system.

DRIVINGLESSON

Established Member
Definitely check out Solo-Performance as well. Three different setups for whatever loudness you want. Deep and not raspy. If you want on the quieter side check out the Mach XV.

Zodiac,

Let me check this out. I have watched a lot of videos, but I don't feel like I can make a decision based on what I hear online. I really need to hear them in person.

DRIVINGLESSON

Established Member
Gibson is good if you have no intention of ever doing headers, if you do, the exhaust sounds like junk. Otherwise it sounds very good as a catback only system

Stainless works is what we use at my shop exclusively. High quality and good sound as a catback only, or as a full system.

Zemedici,

I was initially really impressed with Stainles works. The more exhaust clips I heard online, the more differentl they sounded. Some sounded great, others were not so great. I need to hear them in person. Answer me this, how loud are they?

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I purchase everything from Beefcake, no one beats his prices, he carries almost everything, make sure you send him a pm.

MagnaFlow

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I like Magnaflow on these cars. Def check out our SVTP Vendors, they'll get you a good deal.

We agree! In addition to the vendors mentioned already (american musc, CJ PP, lethal), you can also check with our other mustang dealers like Maryland speed, Southern car parts and Beefcake.

Sid,

I am currently looking at Magnaflow, Gibson, and Stainless Works. Tell me about the Magnaflow competition, is it too loud? I fear that the Street is too quiet.

Everyone's idea of loud/quiet will vary, but we can say our Street system is great for someone looking for an improved tone, but not be too much louder than stock for daily driving. The Competition system is more on the the aggressive side, and is perfect for those owners wanting more sound, without being obnoxious. You can hear the difference between the 2 systems in these videos:

Street (sound at 2:05): https://youtu.be/ZUYK1AGFdVA

Competition (sound at 1:54): https://youtu.be/rsyyURps9sA

If there's any other questions we can answer about either system, feel free to shoot us a PM!

Zemedici

Established Member
Zodiac,

Let me check this out. I have watched a lot of videos, but I don't feel like I can make a decision based on what I hear online. I really need to hear them in person.

depends on what's done to the car.

Catback will have some volume, and a good tone.

Full longtubes will be loud, but good tone. Not obnoxious though.

Full Longtubes with blower, you're gonna wake the dead. :lol:

DRIVINGLESSON

Established Member
We agree! In addition to the vendors mentioned already (american musc, CJ PP, lethal), you can also check with our other mustang dealers like Maryland speed, Southern car parts and Beefcake.

Everyone's idea of loud/quiet will vary, but we can say our Street system is great for someone looking for an improved tone, but not be too much louder than stock for daily driving. The Competition system is more on the the aggressive side, and is perfect for those owners wanting more sound, without being obnoxious. You can hear the difference between the 2 systems in these videos:

Street (sound at 2:05): https://youtu.be/ZUYK1AGFdVA

Competition (sound at 1:54): https://youtu.be/rsyyURps9sA

If there's any other questions we can answer about either system, feel free to shoot us a PM!

thanks Magnaflow, it's between you and one other brand. I really appreciate the input.

Users who are viewing this thread